Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Apr 23, 2014 11:18 PM

News:

What's in a name? That which we call a zahra. By any other name would smell as shariah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Book of Pi  (Read 994 times)
skhansj
Bro

Reputation Power: 1
skhansj has no influence :(

« on: Aug 14, 2010 04:54 AM »

When I was volunteering at one of the local festivals recently, this really nice French-Canadian guy and his girlfriend came to me and asked me tons of questions about Islam. He had been attracted to Islam through 'the book of PI' from which I found the following quote

Pi finds Islam to be "a beautiful religion of brotherhood and devotion." After meeting a Sufi mystic in the market, he puts a prayer rug in the garden facing Mecca and prays five times a day

Interestingly, this person had memorized the same quote. Alhamdulillah, he seemed to be someone that Almighty Allah was sending his guidance to. May he be successful in reaching the truth insha'Allah.

Anyone else had someone discuss this book with them?

I haven't read fiction in such as long time, and probably am not about to break that streak just yet... but this was fascinating enough for me to dig it up.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2010 09:34 AM »

Hmm, are you talking about Life of Pi by Yann Martel??? If so I wrote a little blurb on it awhile back...http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=2133.msg11654#msg11654  But yes it was somewhat positive towards islam, it was also positive towards christianity and buddhism/hinduism too from what i remember. and then the book goes on to support one of those believe in everything/transcending religions and be 'enlightened' kind of things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: