// Shrek Glass recall by McDonald’s
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "My son, exchange gifts, it will bring about love between you." - Anas talking to Thabit (May Allah be pleased with them)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shrek Glass recall by McDonald’s  (Read 463 times)
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« on: Jun 04, 2010 06:14 PM »

Not sure where to post but very important.

McDonald’s recall Shrek Glass.It seems that McDonald’s found that Shrek Glasses are painted with a toxic metal.Over 12 million of Shrek Glass are recalled by McDonald’s.The hamburger chain McDonald’s on Friday called on consumers to stop using and, if possible, return 12 million glasses decorated with the faces of the characters of the cartoon Shrek, because painting is cadmium, which implies a risk for health.

Safety Commission Consumer Product, “in cooperation” with McDonald’s, announced through a statement that “the so-called volunteer” to return the glasses Shrek. “Consumers should stop using” vessels, he warned.

These vessels, made in America, were sold by McDonald’s as part of the film premiere of the new episode of the Shrek saga between May and June. They were sold in restaurants in the chain to two dollars apiece. McDonald’s said that the vessels were not marketed in Europe.

They are involved in this case the glasses decorated with the figure of the ogre Shrek, and the other three models in the library with the main characters of the cartoon of DreamWorks: Princess Fiona, Puss in Boots and Donkey.

Cadmium is considered a carcinogen by the U.S. authorities. According to the World Health Organization, cadmium has a toxic effect that particularly affects the kidneys, skeletal and respiratory system.

The statement asserts that the appeal was decided “a precaution” and that no incidents have been reported with the matter.

“It is illegal to sell or attempt to sell a product called a return,” he said.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: