Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times... it was shaadi season time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World Cup 2010!!!  (Read 7031 times)
Mohamed
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Mohamed has no influence :(

« Reply #25 on: Jun 20, 2010 07:38 AM »

Algeria will beat USA, Inshaallah 

and Aussie will beat Serbia

Go Go
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #26 on: Jun 21, 2010 08:01 PM »

Not that I care..but it's kinda funny that we would use 'GOD willing' to hope real hard that a team wins a game. Like GOD really wants one team or the other to win a soccer/ football, baseball game ..hehe..

Sorry, but at work we've been joking about some things people say that are just 'sayings', euphemisms? perhaps...that really dont make sense..

For example, so many people here at my job say , ' at the end of the day.... and then say something like - at the end of the day, it doesnt really matter. But at the real end of the day, xyz doesnt happen etc. Anyways, just another thing to think about.

How about Portugal putting a pouncing on North Korea...OUCH!
shaa-ista
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
shaa-ista has no influence :(

« Reply #27 on: Jun 23, 2010 11:25 AM »

Salaams

I wanted to share this presentation I just received with you all.
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #28 on: Jun 23, 2010 03:01 PM »

Just a general comment from me - I love watching the World Cup - just love the atmosphere that the fans have - though I think the English hooligans or others that treat it as if is life or death (i.e. sending death threats or killing players after a bad performance) is ridiculous, though being an American, I do understand that passion, but there should be some limits.

Anyways, sorry, just had to share that - um, haven't been able to watch games yet (exams, argh! though, are finally done alhamdulillah!).

Can't wait to catch the games once I get back to the States, though it would have been fun here in Europe to watch games with extra-enthusiastic fans in the sport hot-spots here in Prague.

Anyways, the elimination games are the best, so insha'allah will catch those next week or afterwards!

desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Mohamed
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Mohamed has no influence :(

« Reply #29 on: Jun 23, 2010 05:18 PM »

Algeria   0   USA       1    

Who would have thought? Especially at the end of regulation time. At 90° +2    LANDON DONOVAN SENDS AMERICA INTO THE LAST 16!!!!

The thin line between success and failure, three minutes before the end...

How football is a cruel game!!

The United States progress with England to the round of 16!  

Good Luck
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #30 on: Jun 23, 2010 05:41 PM »

GO USA. At least they have Heart. So did the Algerians...but to move on they needed to win anyways. Good game. I think Ghana is still in the runs right? As the only African team left?

Craziness.

You gotta love sports.
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #31 on: Jun 23, 2010 10:40 PM »

No muslim team should compete in the World Cup.  The muslim players are it seems preening, self-obsessed twats, and on top of that:  they SUCK!  Check out what one Algerian player did

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23062010/58/world-cup-2010-algerian-slaps-female-reporter.html

Algeria player Rafik Saifi slapped a female journalist across the face as the aftermath of the USA’s dramatic World Cup victory turned ugly at Loftus Versfeld Stadium on Wednesday night.

While walking through the interview zone, Saifi spotted writer Asma Halimi, who works for Algerian newspaper Competition, and struck her with his open hand in front of dozens of witnesses. Halimi responded by striking the player in the mouth.

Saifi then threw a sports drink bottle at a wall in the interview area, as Halimi was ushered away by security staff.

Saifi came on as substitute for the last five minutes of the USA’s 1-0 victory.

“I said nothing to him and he reached over and hit me,” Halimi said to Yahoo! Sports. “So I hit him back. I said nothing to him first.”

It is understood that Saifi and Halimi had previously had a difference of opinion over an article she wrote for her newspaper.

“She was standing there and the guy came here and he hit her,” said Francisco Aguilar Chang, a reporter from Guatemala who witnessed the incident. “Then she hit him back and her nail caught his lip.”

Saifi and Algerian football association officials refused to comment when quizzed by Yahoo! Sports.

The Algerian team has come under heavy criticism in its homeland after a disappointing World Cup in which it finished at the bottom of Group C and was knocked out of the tournament.

When asked if she would launch an official complaint with governing body FIFA and the Algerian FA. Halimi replied: “Of course.”

Soccer City Live - Every evening on British Eurosport (Sky 410 / Virgin 521) & on the Eurosport Player.
Martin Rogers, Yahoo! Sports / Eurosport
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #32 on: Jun 23, 2010 11:08 PM »

salam

Footballers, they're a charming breed ....not!!!

I'm kind of impressed she punched him back tho!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #33 on: Jun 24, 2010 04:37 AM »

Football - is simply beautiful. The world cup is breathtaking. It has its moments of anxiety, jubilation and wonder. The surprises are all part and parcel of the game as far as the fans both in and out of the stadiums is concerned.

Yeah, Ghana is through to the second round - a saving grace for Africa!

Watching Algeria loose at the dying moments of the game was painful. Not because I like Algeria as a team but it is an African Team, still.

South Africa played beautifully in their last game. Too little to late. But they went out in style unlike the French.

As far Portugal vs Korea DPR are concerned, the less said the better. It reminded me of a time when Germany beat Saudi Arabia 8 nil 2002. Really makes you feel sorry for the poor fellas! It is goes beyond OUCH!

It was beautiful watching Argentina beat Greece. Now my best two teams - Argentina vs Mexico - will meet. Dilemma.

England scrapes through. Good!

Next - Ghana vs USA! Go Ghana!

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #34 on: Jun 26, 2010 05:46 AM »

My favourite versions of the K'naan's World Cup 2010 Official Theme Song - Wavin' Flag:

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #35 on: Jun 26, 2010 10:12 PM »

Now wave your flag... Ghana wave your flag... For Africa!!! Now wave your flag... You have made us PROUD!!! Blow the vuvuzela...

The Almighty Allah says,

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #36 on: Jun 26, 2010 11:21 PM »

ws,

wow that was quite a game! you could clearly see ghana was the better team but the US has had luck on their side this world cup... kinda sad that they're not advancing...
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #37 on: Jun 27, 2010 07:49 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Isn't it typical when England lose, there is always some sort of controversy in the game!!

We are a nation forever doomed to ponder the 'if and buts' of international football.

For example, if only the Americans hadn't scored their last minute goal against Algeria, England would have been playing Ghana instead of getting completely trounced by the Germans (again!!)  bro

I wonder if anyone is now brave enough to predict a winner in this somewhat crazy tournament Huh?

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #38 on: Jun 27, 2010 09:48 PM »

ws,

wow that was quite a game! you could clearly see ghana was the better team but the US has had luck on their side this world cup... kinda sad that they're not advancing...

the USA is just as good.  the USA was just too tired after chasing 3 games. 

so disappointing to see them out; also very upsetting to see how the referee stole the game from England. i HATE! germany. 

the referees have been abysmal and the blame lies totally with FIFA head Sepp Blatter (total idiot). 
Halima
Sis

« Reply #39 on: Jun 28, 2010 03:01 AM »

As a fan of England, I knew that they had no hope against the Germans - except a miracle. England needs to seriously go back to the drawing board about its performance and especially the world cup. So far, they haven't showed any brilliance in any of their matches. Scrapping through is no longer enough or acceptable. The fans know this. But the team and the coach don't

No offense Br.Khalid but Ghana are a far better team than England. And would have beaten the current England world cup team.

Glad that Argentina has been consistent. Wonderful team.

I wonder if anyone is now brave enough to predict a winner in this somewhat crazy tournament

The operative word here being 'somewhat crazy tournament' can anyone really predict it?

The Almighty Allah says,

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #40 on: Jul 02, 2010 12:45 AM »

This is a nice thingy that keeps track of the matches and who's won what... Hmmm of the teams left I'm thinking Germany is the strongest team?? oldshaykh

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #41 on: Jul 02, 2010 04:13 AM »

Salaam, I want Spain. David Villa rocks! Plus, I heard an analyst on NPR say that they play the 'beautiful game' that Brazil used to play - passing, good execution, etc.
 desibro
BABA

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #42 on: Jul 02, 2010 07:48 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Well finally people are starting to be brave and predicting winners!!

I have to say, I think Argentina v Spain would have been a good final but they can only meet in the semis.
Brazil v Holland will be a tough match today but I cannot help but think whoever wins that match will make it to the final, but I do hope Ghana wins and makes it to the semis.

What a great achievement that would be for African football!!

We have yet to see a truly classic match in this World Cup thus far and history shows there is at least one in every tournament so here’s hoping bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #43 on: Jul 02, 2010 04:52 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! DOWN GOES BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!! (I always cheer for the underdog!)
 desibro
BABA

Halima
Sis

« Reply #44 on: Jul 02, 2010 07:01 PM »

I am so very glad that Brazil has been eliminated. Yey!  That was sweet.

As for Ghana, we are praying!  It will be a great feat if they get to the Semi Final.

The Almighty Allah says,

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #45 on: Jul 02, 2010 10:32 PM »

salam

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ghana are out, I would throw my TV out of the window (except I dont own one) :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #46 on: Jul 02, 2010 10:44 PM »

ws,

OMG!!! What a game!!! And Americans think soccer is boring... wow that was crazy. To be fair Ghana had so many chances... but blocking with your hand that was low uruguay..
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #47 on: Jul 02, 2010 11:15 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

You just knew Ghana were going to lose on penalties once they missed their own penalty  Sad

Perhaps the rules should change such that a deliberate handball results in a penalty goal instead of just a penalty.

Very very unlucky indeed!!

Halima
Sis

« Reply #48 on: Jul 03, 2010 05:18 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

You just knew Ghana were going to lose on penalties once they missed their own penalty  Sad

Perhaps the rules should change such that a deliberate handball results in a penalty goal instead of just a penalty.

Very very unlucky indeed!!

I agree Br.Khalid. There was no need for that penalty. The ball was already in the net.

It was too painful and heartbreaking. I am still coming to terms with the missed opportunity with the penalty. From then on, I had a sinking feeling in my gut.

The Almighty Allah says,

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #49 on: Jul 03, 2010 04:03 PM »

Hey a cool video I found of Ghana before their match vs. Uruguay - what team spirit!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print

Jump to: