Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

The dhulan doth protest too much.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World Cup 2010!!!  (Read 7028 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #75 on: Jul 11, 2010 08:34 PM »

salam

Wow Sr Shahida, the skyline at night looks beautiful mashallah!!!!

I think the psychic octopus predicted Spain will be the winners, now lets see....

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #76 on: Jul 11, 2010 10:06 PM »

salam

Spain take it home then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #77 on: Jul 11, 2010 10:11 PM »

Oh, my! What a game!  VIVA SPAIN. They deserved, earned and got it!  Way to go!

Having been to South Africa, I already know how beautiful it is.

Congratulations Sis Shahida for a job well done. South Africa did rise to the occasion majestically and proudly!  Hooray the rainbow nation for bringing a loads of fun and pride to Africa!

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #78 on: Jul 11, 2010 10:12 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

What a wonderful demonstration of patience by Spain.

In the face of abject provocation by the Dutch, they kept their heads and their hearts and made sure the best team won!!!

Just goes to show that sometimes the good guys do win!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #79 on: Jul 11, 2010 10:47 PM »

Salaam all - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! for Spain - but man that was a booooooooooooooooring game - but Shukr'Allah it didn't go to PK's - it's always hard to lose that way  -well extra hard. Great for Iniesta of course - to get his name out there, wen at least I was expecting D. Villa to come through with a goal and win the golden boot.

I don't know/haven't "talked" to Sr. Shahida  but in my time on the Madina I did figure out she was from RSA, so I too, will extend my congrats and a job well done on the part of her nation. Though I after listening to some commentary on the matter, what will they do with the stadiums and also, was it worth it for RSA? All that money surely could have gone to better things, but I know, I shouldn't be pessimistic after the world's greatest sporting event just took place in the country.

Also, as we mentioned and what has been talked about on TV the last few days, is that we were going to have a first time champion, which I love. I mean, I am sick of it being Brazil, Germany, Italy and France (though I supported the last nation back in '98). Spain has a great few years and even this year - they won the Euro Championship in 2008, and Rafael Nadal (tennis) won the French Open and Wimbledon this year and since the Lakers (basketball) have a Spanish player, they got a bit of that trophy as well.

Once more - woooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I wish I was from a country that was good at football - so I could experience both the heartbreak and joy. *sigh*
 desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #80 on: Jul 11, 2010 11:29 PM »

he got that chance because of the penalty though

why did Netherlands get a penalty at the time..? I watch the whole game, no goal, and right when I talk to my sister I miss that part:( (although I did see rerun)
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #81 on: Jul 12, 2010 07:36 AM »

Salam alaikum

Yayyy for spain! I am so happy.  Actually watched the whole match, and found it nerve wrecking!!! there were so many yellow cards (some of which should have been red btw)...good for spain, they just held out and finally got one in.  We could see the fireworks and stuff in the night sky, it was great!

Thanks guys:) I didnt have *anything* to do with the success of the world cup, but it sure was an achievement for our country. What are we going to do with the stadiums? talk is ...olympics next!  Cheesy hey, you never know.

Was so glad our crooks and robbers took the month off Wink they mustve been soccer mad like the rest of us! 

It was so nice to see Mandela there as well...Smiley

Glad you all enjoyed it!  bebsi for all bebzi
Salam
S.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #82 on: Jul 12, 2010 11:06 AM »

Awesome final!
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #83 on: Jul 12, 2010 01:18 PM »

salam

I think the Olympic bid would be great for south Africa, the closing ceremony for the world cup was absolutely amazing, none of the other nations has come near to topping it, you guys know how to put on a great show!!!!

Wassalaam

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #84 on: Jul 13, 2010 07:08 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Was so glad our crooks and robbers took the month off

It really is such a shame that South Africa (and Johannesburg in particular) has such a perception of crime because it really is a beautiful city with the most amazing amount of trees and greenery bro

That stadium as well is pretty impressive and I can imagine what the atmosphere was like on World Cup Final night.

I think the psychic octopus predicted Spain will be the winners, now lets see....

I hear that Paul, the psychic octopus, was retired after his World Cup exertions.

Perhaps his life depended on it, has anyone else here eaten octopus? Wink

Roll on Brazil 2014!!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #85 on: Jul 13, 2010 06:18 PM »

salaam Ahh what a boring game it was…  I was rooting for Holland, until they started playing like bunch of thugs! What a shame; they missed some golden opportunities and they don’t have no one else to blame but themselves.  oldshaykh

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: