// Formal prayer
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Beauty: The Prophet said: 'Allah is beautiful and loves beauty.' (Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Formal prayer  (Read 1281 times)
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« on: Jun 16, 2010 07:55 PM »

When was the formal prayer of Islam completed?

I ask because I notice in Tashoud we give blessings to Abraham (saw) and Muhammad (saaw). I wondered if Muhammed said this in his prayer as he would be talking about himself in the third person. So it sparked a question. I am just interested.. Thanks guys. Hope this makes sense.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2010 08:28 PM »

Salams,

He would say it in the first person and the companions that followed would say it in third person like we say now. Formalized 5 times prayer was sent down on the night of Israa wal Maaraj, when at first it was 50 !!! Can you imagine... thank goodness for the other prophets that were like ... ask Allah to reduce them because ppl will not be able to do it... and sure enough sadly even 5 xs is too much for some...
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2010 09:11 PM »

I can't imagine 50.. thank you Musa for have Muhammed go back is right.

Thanks Jannah for the info Smiley

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
syid
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
syid has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2010 10:02 PM »

sending blessings on the Prophet (saw) was revealed in the year 5 A.H. in surah 33: 56,  while the Israa wal Maaraj was a year before the hirjah

LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH:
IF IT'S NOT FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH IS IT EVEN WORTH DOING?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: