Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "One day my maternal uncle said to me, do you not remember God who created you? I replied, how shall I remember Him? He told me, when you change into your bedclothes, say three times in your heart without moving your tongue: God is with me, God watches over me, God is my witness … For years I did not cease to practise this, and I experienced a sweetness in my innermost being because of it." - Sahl Al-Tustari
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prostration in nafil salah?  (Read 1038 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Jun 30, 2010 01:28 PM »

salam,
So today after magrib fardh i did two nafil rakaat sitting down. I made ruku bending slightly and sajah by bending further but not puting my hands on the ground.

My friend jumped on me after salah and told me i was wrong in prostrating the way i did .i said it was nafil i was offering and the rules are more   relaxed..can someone help me out if i am right or wrong

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2010 02:10 PM »

Although not exact answer to your question, the requirements for the acts of prayer are same be it fard or nafl. There is nothing 'light' about the essence of nafl prayers.

Allah knows best 

Anonymous
Bro

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2010 04:10 PM »

br jaihoon thank you.I think I got this idea in my head based on a hadith that the prophet saw prayed witr on his camel and it was changing directions too..

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
peaceman
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
peaceman has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2010 04:59 AM »

assalamualaikum

Here is what the ulema say about praying sitting, lyeing etc:

In the obligatory salat, one has to pray standing if he is able. If he is unable, then he is allowed to
pray sitting. He can pray sitting only if he is not able to pray standing. If he is unable to pray sitting, he is allowed to pray lyeing down. If not lyeing down, then by eye movements.

In the salatal tatauwau (nafl and sunnah) one can pray sitting or lyeing down, even if one is able to pray standing.
However one gets 1/2 the reward for praying sitting, and 1/4 for praying lyeing down.

In the case of a person being unable to pray standing, the ulema say that he will get the full reward, and it will not be diminished, because Allah does not hold people to account for something they cannot bear.

This issue is found in many fatawa by our noble ulema,  and as far as I know, there is no difference with the ulema
on it.

And Allah knows. 

May Allah increase you in knowledge.
Take a look at my site:  http://www.tajwid.info

Also a good site with several mp3 durus of beneficial knowledge from our ulema, fiqh explaining the book "bulgh Maram" , Q&A, http://www.imamfaisal.com
Anonymous
Bro

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2010 04:42 PM »

jazakhallah kheir bro peaceman....withtwo small kids i just get exhausted at times..so i thought atlest i can pray sitting ..rather than not do nawafil at all...may Allah swt accept from us all inspite of our shortcomings.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: