Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 20, 2014 10:05 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: This is the winter of our dawah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: umm.. Maternity Clothes??  (Read 2296 times)
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« on: Jul 08, 2010 10:48 PM »

Okay so I am starting to not fit in my normal clothing.

Where on earth do you find maternity clothing that is modest/Islamic? All the shirts are short and it dips in the cleavage area. Why do women here wanna wear these tight shirts.. UGH! I have been wearing some long skirts, but I work at the newspaper and it is not the best thing. I can find jeans and loose pants.. but shirts.. forget it. I am not the abaya wearing type, I have a few but even then my tummy will eventually push it out showing my figure. Any suggestions on what to wear and do?

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2010 02:41 AM »

As salaamu alaikum, Christine --

Some of these clothes aren't so bad, but you might need to do some layering:

http://www.modestclothes.com/linktracker.asp?name=prettyme

Can you sew? Or do you know someone who does? Some simple skirt patterns and peasant-type blouses might be just what you need.

Good luck!  purplehijabisis

Pearl

Sarah Amena
Sis

Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2010 04:27 AM »

Salam Alaikum Sister Christine,

Try this website:
http://www.eastessence.com/catalog/KURTI_TUNIC-17-1.html

Just get stuff that's like 2x or something when you are further along in your pregnancy, InshAllah.

The clothes are pretty reasonable and super cute!
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2010 11:12 AM »

How about buying nice maternity dresses from maternity stores... layering with full-sleeves tees and maternity pants underneath...

I just LOVE maternity pants...
Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2010 04:44 PM »

I love the maternity pants too. Just hate how short some of the shirts are. I found some long dresses, but most have a big slit, so I will have my nana stitch them shut.

I am gonna go check out these sites.. Thanks ladies.

Pearl...I can give you an advertising campaign over a million dollars and even design it, set up clients, print and deliver to your target audience.. but I can't sew a hole in my daughter's shirt...lol

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2010 05:40 PM »

Pearl...I can give you an advertising campaign over a million dollars and even design it, set up clients, print and deliver to your target audience.. but I can't sew a hole in my daughter's shirt...lol

I can't sew either. My mother used to sew, but I never enjoyed it and never learned to do anything more advanced than simple hemming and mending.

I regret that now! Being able to sew allows for so many more options, and saves lots of $$$$.

Pearl
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jul 11, 2010 08:40 AM »

salaam

hmm I thought maternity clothes were actually long

Try cheaper stores like Ross (which have maternity section) because the actual maternity stores are pretty expensive
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 2010 08:40 PM »

salam

Really don't you get places which do maternity workwear in the states?

In england you can get maternity suits and long sleeved shirts etc....

I didn't think america was that different a shopping experience from here...

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Jul 14, 2010 09:18 PM »

They have dress clothes, but I don't wear dress clothes. Besides that a pair of slack is 45.00. I found some jeans on ebay and I went and bought XL shirts from clearance and salvation army.

I remember buying clothes with Lily and the shirts were longer. Now they don't even cover your butt and they are that spandex/cotton blend. I have no idea why pregnant women wanna show that off, like they are headed to the club. Guess they figure boobs are bigger so show them if you got them.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #9 on: Jul 14, 2010 10:57 PM »

salam

Actually I take that back, I just had a quick look for maternity wear, and it all appears to have plunging necklines and high hemlines!!! The world has gone mad!!!

Don't women want to wear clothes that look beautiful and modest, who on earth wants to be falling out of their clothing whilst pregnant?Huh?

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Jul 15, 2010 05:36 PM »

salam

Actually I take that back, I just had a quick look for maternity wear, and it all appears to have plunging necklines and high hemlines!!! The world has gone mad!!!

Don't women want to wear clothes that look beautiful and modest, who on earth wants to be falling out of their clothing whilst pregnant?Huh?

Wassalaam

I know, it is appauling. When I was prego, NO WAY did I want my stuff hanging out. Now Muslim I have even more reason. Sheesh what is the world coming to!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: