Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Charity: The Prophet said: 'Charity (sadaqah) is due upon every joint of a person on every day that the sun rises. Administering justice between two people is an act of charity; and to help a man concerning his riding beast by helping him on to it or lifting his luggage on to it is an act of charity; a good word is charity; and every step which you take to prayer is charity; and removing that which is harmful from the road is charity.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The desire to become a better Muslim  (Read 1961 times)
Anonymous
« on: Feb 16, 2008 07:41 PM »

When I became a Muslim looking back on it now I really didn't take it very serious.
It was in my heart but I haven't lived it.
The desire in my heart to become a better Muslim is getting very strong but I'm just
not sure how to get there. I haven't been to an Islamic center nor have I learned to pray.
There's no Islamic center around me.
They say when you become a Muslim all past sins are forgiven but I've mad so many more since
and my heart is very heavy.
Can anyone suggest books, tapes or DVD's on things such as
becoming a better Muslim. Maybe how to pray. Online courses.
Ones where can learn more about my faith (or how to develop my faith)
I'm feeling very hungry for knowledge and growth. Before I was scare to be Muslim
and now I am feeling proud and blessed to be Muslim.
 hijabisis
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2008 02:10 AM »

Asalaamualaikum sis,

Alhamdulilah you are having the urge to learn, go with it!  I'm sure others will chime in but I would suggest starting with prayer and other basics.  Here is a flash video on the basics of prayer:

http://english.islamway.com/prayer/BegSound.htm

I would recommend getting something like this: http://www.ilmquest.org/ps-270-3-2-shahadas-6-cd-set-by-yasir-qadhi.aspx

or

http://www.ilmquest.org/ps-329-3-basic-fiqh-8-cds-by-yasir-qadhi.aspx

you can read the descriptions and decide what you want to focus on.  I'm sure others will point out some other online resources. 

May Allah make this journey for knowledge fruitful for you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: