Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Apr 16, 2014 02:38 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some writing  (Read 714 times)
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« on: Jul 09, 2010 07:26 PM »

So it's been a looong while since I've put on here things that I've written.  Yesterday I had the urge to just write free-flow but nothing came, which left me feeling a bit jittery as my fingers were itching to write *anything*.  So whilst I mull over how to get the creative juices flowing, I surprisingly have found myself wanting to share something I wrote a few months back... :-).  (P.s. more and more I miss the writings of people like Maliha/Nur al Layl, Umm Wafi ;-) and others).

We jump through the maddening crowds, angry outbursts from the flocks of people falling behind us, our hearts beating fast, adrenaline making us giddy, and for a moment our hands brush innocently, as we slow down to run single file through a narrow alley. We run through naked streets, trying to bypass open gutters, the stench hitting our nostrils, the wind blowing through our hair, drawing wetness to our eyes as we urge ourselves on, as if the ghosts of our pasts are at the ends of our heels.  

We come upon another market square and we weave our way through this new crowd, scattering people in our wake.  For a moment we lose sight of each other, and we search between the arms and legs of the market crowds, trying to catch a glimpse of a familiar form, panic rising in our throats.  We finally stagger through another alley, looking in to open doorways as we give chase to our childish dreams.

Up ahead, riot police, batons and shields weighing heavy in their grasps.  We split, running through wild streets, and later, as the streets converge on to an open market, we meet again by chance and I catch your eye.  And I see your heart beat still as you realise, no longer wanting to dart away, all alone, that perhaps our meeting is more than just mere chance.  

Maybe this is what happens when you careen through furious crowds; they part, making you collide unto one another.  

And as we grow tired, our smiles say that which we are unwilling to acknowledge openly, and we decide to surrender to fate, and walk side by side to places of quietude.

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2010 06:23 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Jazakhallah khair for sharing Sr salaampeaceshalom

It certainly takes a huge amount of effort (and courage) to put down words on to a piece of paper!!

I really do take my hat off to you literary guys; you really do make it look so easy and I agree I do miss the musings/reflections/thoughts/perspectives of those who used to share with us on a regular basis.

For us ‘mathie’ types, it takes so much more effort to do anything remotely creative!! bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2010 05:11 PM »

Thanks Smiley.  I think some of you are too shy or modest, as I have seen some of the creativity in people's posts, especially in the Ramadaan Diaries!

For us ‘mathie’ types, it takes so much more effort to do anything remotely creative!! bro

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: