// Dreams
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 2311 times)
Sarah Amena
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« on: Jul 18, 2010 10:11 PM »

Asalaam Alaikum Madinah,

I just wanted to see if anyone is aware of any ahadith or Quranic references to dreams? I have been having very vivid dreams and I am curious if that means anything??? I haven't done istaghara or anything but I do say Allah Akbar or SubanAllah or different things before I sleep. Any suggestions? I had one last night about my grandma and I woke up in the middle of the night super sad, I was just kissing her and touching her face and telling her that everything is going to be ok  Sad I just wanted to know if that means anything???
Al-Abd
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Al-Abd has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2010 05:00 AM »

aslaamulaikum,

Sister, in order to get your dream interpreted you should go to a qualified Muslim dream interpreter.  I don't think asking random people on a forum is a wise thing to do.  You should see your local shiekh/Imam and see if he knows how to interpret dreams.  Dreams are amazing.  I've had many experiences with dreams and there interpretations.   I was blown away by many of the interpretations.  Sometimes when i would ask the sheikh what my dream meant, he would tell me things that only i knew about myself, and sometimes my dreams were personal messages that i had to convey to my friends/relatives.  One of the tips my shiekh told me was that i should never tell my dreams to just anyone because there can be negative repercussions if the person whom you tell says something wrong or jokingly/seriously interprets it incorrectly.  Only reveal your dreams to those who you are close to and who you feel are goodhearted and sincere. 

Check with your local shiekh, i never knew my shiekh knew how to interpret dreams until i asked him.  You may be pleasantly surprised. Smiley
saad3i
Bro

saad3i has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2010 05:25 AM »

Assalam o alaikum,

i also searched for this topic in the past and came to a conclusion that dreams are of three types mainly 1. from Allah or induced by a positive force 2. from shaytaan or a negative force 3. can be a mixture of what you did that day or what was on your mind or what you are thinking the whole day...
so you can't be sure which one it is.

though there are many books on dream interpretation,, and i would suggest that you don't stick to one kind of solution like asking a sheikh but rather research about it yourself or just leave it and pray to Allah to guide you.
Al-Abd
Bro

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2010 07:17 PM »

The only interpretation book that i would recommend(but never as a substitute to an actual interpreter) Is Ibn Sireen's book.  Many of the dream interpretation books out there are just plain inaccurate and can only provide you with very general or vague ideas of what your dream might mean.  A book can never substitute a living interpreter.  Go for the best.  Go find an interpreter.  Allah will guide you to him insha'Allah.
Sarah Amena
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2010 03:56 AM »

MashAllah, I didn't think anyone was ever going to reply, Jazak Allah Khair for you response. I will definitely be more careful when sharing my dreams!
Unfortunately in Des Moines,  we don't have a local Iman, sad huh?  Undecided

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2010 04:31 AM »

Salaam Sr. Sarah -There is a Book of Dream Interpretation in Sahih Bukhari. One short one that I've come across in the past when I was wondering about dreams myself, is the following:

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "A good dream (that comes true) of a righteous man is one of forty-six parts of prophetism." 

Sahih Bukhari, Book 87: Interpretation of Dreams hadith #112.

For now, maybe you can go through that part of the Sahih and see what you can find in a general sense about dreams. As far as who they come from, I think Br. Saad has given a accurate answer.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
optimisstt
Bro

optimisstt has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2010 02:03 PM »

Allah has hiden our future from us as a part of mercy .Why we are not using this mercy and try to interprate our dreams?

I THINK If we live the way ALLAH wants us and accept our destiny from HIM ,we do not need to know what the dream wants to say
Sarah Amena
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2010 03:47 AM »

Salam Alaikum Brother,
I definitely understand what you are saying and normally I don't question my dreams, however, SubanAllah this dream deeply touched me and in all honesty I don't know much about dreams, where they come from and how we are suppose to take them. I guess it's just my curiosity that I started this thread.  I definitely agree, not knowing the future is definitely a mercy, ALHAMDULLAH!!

optimisstt
Bro

optimisstt has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2010 10:29 AM »

Take it the positive way you would wish things go and ISHA ALLAH it is  Khair
May ALLAH protect you from all evil and open the door of mercy and “khairaat”  for you and your grandma you have seen in that dream
Al-Abd
Bro

« Reply #9 on: Aug 28, 2010 10:26 PM »

Allah has hiden our future from us as a part of mercy .Why we are not using this mercy and try to interprate our dreams?

I THINK If we live the way ALLAH wants us and accept our destiny from HIM ,we do not need to know what the dream wants to say

Although, you are correct in a way, you're also incorrect in a way.  In the general sense, yes it is a blessing that we
don't know everything that is to come in our future because if we did, then all the bad things to come would keep us in a perpetual state of sorrow. However, that does not in any way mean that it is a sin or even frowned upon for us to seek what messages Allah is sending us in our dreams; regardless of whether they are messages of the future or not.  In fact, it's the complete opposite. it is encouraged.  The prophet s.a.w used to listen to the sahabahs dreams after fajr and on many occaisons was asked to interpret a dream.  Also, another proof that it is encouraged is the fact that Istikhara exists.  Whenever you are doubtful on a matter as to whether you should do it or not, for example, whether you should marry a certain person or not, you then perform istikhara asking Allah to guide you as to whether this person is good for your future in this dunya and akhira.  In a lot of cases, the answer to istkhara comes in the form of a dream.  This is a blessing from All Might Allah that he gives us the answer as to whether our future with this person is good for us or not.  So ultimately, not knowing everything our future holds is a mercy from Allah, and knowing part of our future that Allah bestows upon us in our dreams is also a mercy.  Also, just thinking logically, if Allah sends you a message through a dream, wouldn't it be wrong to not seek its meaning?  Allah is trying to convey a message to you and what you choose to do is sit down and ignore it?  That doesn't make sense right?  Here's an ayah from the Quran about dreams:

For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present world. (i.e. righteous dream seen by the person himself or shown to others), and in the Hereafter. No change can there be in the Words of Allâh, this is indeed the supreme success.
The Noble Qur'an - Yunus 10:64

Here are some ahadith about dreams:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Nothing is left of the prophetism except Al-Mubashshirat." They asked, "What are Al-Mubashshirat?" He  replied, "The true good dreams (that conveys glad tidings)."
Hadith - Bukhari 9:119, Narrated AbuHuraira

Whenever the Prophet finished the (morning) prayer, he would face us and ask, "Who amongst you had a dream last night?" So if anyone had seen a dream he would narrate it. The Prophet would say: "Ma sha'a-llah"    
Hadith - Bukhari 2:468, Narrated Samura bin Jundab

Allah's Apostle  said (to me), "You were shown to me twice in (my) dream. Behold, a man was carrying you in a silken piece of cloth and said to me, "She is your wife, so uncover her,' and behold, it was you. I would then say (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' "
Bukhari 9:139, Narrated by 'Aisha  

Some men amongst the companions of the Prophet were shown in their dreams that the night of Qadr was in the last seven nights of Ramadan. Allah's Apostle said, "It seems that all your dreams agree that (the Night of Qadr) is in the last seven nights, and whoever wants to search for it (i.e. the Night of Qadr) should search in the last seven (nights of Ramadan)." --Bukhari 3:232, Narrated Ibn 'Umar

I used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard Abu Qatada saying, "I too, used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard the Prophet  saying, "A good dream is from Allah, so if anyone of you saw a dream which he liked, he should not tell it to anybody except to the one whom he loves, and if he saw a dream which he disliked, then he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil and from the evil of Satan, and spit three times (on his left) and should not tell it to anybody, for it will not harm him." Hadith - Bukhari 9:168, Narrated Abu Salama

seekingtawbah
« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2010 08:25 AM »

this is a very broad topic and a extremly important matter. never did the Prophet salla alayi wa salaam lead the fajr prayer and then not sit down with his companions and ask about there dreams. They did this often, i suggest you listen to the lecture from Anwar al awlaki called dreams and interpretation on dreams, ur not going to find out what your dream means by this, but it goes into detail on everything about them, stories of the sahabas dreams and so on, it is a few hours long i believe if not more, so try and listen to it.

CD1: seventeen Rules of Dream Interpretations
CD2: Dreams in the Quran and Hadith
CD3: Dreams of the Companions and examples of interpretation from the book of Ibn Qutayba

http://www.alghurabaa.org/lectures/awlaki/

it is near the bottom
Sarah Amena
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2010 04:58 AM »

Salaam Alaikum Brother,

Thank you for the follow up on my dreams inquiry!
You guys are the best and also
 welcome and  eidmubarakguy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: