Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 70 Major Sins‏  (Read 1326 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reps: 37

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Jul 19, 2010 11:29 PM »

As Ramadhan is approaching, I think we should start reminding ourselves to prepare for this blessed month so we can achieve most out of it.

Although we should consider every sin as major sin but Ulama have categorized some sins as major ones. Here are few to share with you. One thing to keep in mind that every time when we are about to commit a sin, we should atleast think once that
"who are we going to insult by doing this act" and obviously its Allah swt who would be insulted. So, if you can afford to bear the anger of Allah swt then please continue, otherwise stop...

70 Major Sins...

01. Associating anything with Allah
02. Murder
03. Practising magic
04. Not Praying
05. Not paying Zakat
06. Not fasting on a Day of Ramadan without excuse
07. Not performing Hajj, while being able to do so
08. Disrespect to parents
09. Abandoning relatives
10. Fornication and Adultery
11. Homosexuality(sodomy)
12. Interest(Riba)
13. Wrongfully consuming the property of an orphan
14. Lying about Allah and His Messenger
15. Running away from the battlefield
16. A leader's deceiving his people and being unjust to them
17. Pride and arrogance
18. Bearing false witness
19. Drinking Khamr (wine)
20. Gambling
21. Slandering chaste women
22. Stealing from the spoils of war
23. Stealing
24. Highway Robbery
25. Taking false oath
26. Oppression
27. Illegal gain
28. Consuming wealth acquired unlawfully
29. Committing suicide
30. Frequent lying
31. Judging unjustly
32. Giving and Accepting bribes
33. Woman's imitating man and man's imitating woman
34. Being cuckold
35. Marrying a divorced woman in order to make her lawful for the husband
36. Not protecting oneself from urine
37. Showing-off
38. Learning knowledge of the religion for the sake of this world and concealing that knowledge
39. Bertrayal of trust
40. Recounting favours
41. Denying Allah's Decree
42. Listening (to) people's private conversations
43. Carrying tales
44. Cursing
45. Breaking contracts
46. Believing in fortune-tellers and astrologers
47. A woman's bad conduct towards her husband
48. Making statues and pictures
49. Lamenting, wailing, tearing the clothing, and doing other things of this sort when an affliction befalls
50. Treating others unjustly
51. Overbearing conduct toward the wife, the servant, the weak, and animals
52. Offending one's neighbour
53. Offending and abusing Muslims
54. Offending people and having an arrogant attitude toward them
55. Trailing one's garment in pride
56. Men's wearing silk and gold
57. A slave's running away from his master
58. Slaughtering an animal which has been dedicated to anyone other than Allah
59. To knowingly ascribe one's paternity to a father other than one's own
60. Arguing and disputing violently
61. Witholding excess water
62. Giving short weight or measure
63. Feeling secure from Allah's Plan
64. Offending Allah's righteous friends
65. Not praying in congregation but praying alone without an excuse
66. Persistently missing Friday Prayers without any excuse
67. Unsurping the rights of the heir through bequests
68. Deceiving and plotting evil
69. Spying for the enemy of the Muslims
70. Cursing or insulting any of the Companions of Allah's Messenger

Anything  good in my message is blessing of Allah (SWT) and anything bad is from my nafs and I ask Allah (SWT) to forgive me and show me the straight path (Ameen)

سُوۡرَةُ حٰمٓ السجدة / فُصّلَت
And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allâh (believes in His Oneness)," and then stands firm (acts upon His Order), and] invites (men) to Allâh's (Islâmic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I am one of the Muslims." (33) The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allâh orders the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend. (34) But none is granted it (the above quality) except those who are patient - and none is granted it except the owner of the great portion (of happiness in the Hereafter i.e. Paradise and of a high moral character) in this world. (35) And if an evil whisper from Shaitân (Satan) tries to turn you away (O Muhammad SAW) (from doing good), then seek refuge in Allâh. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower. (36)

اور اس شخص سے بات کا اچھا کون ہوسکتا ہے جو خدا کی طرف بلائے اور عمل نیک کرے اور کہے کہ میں مسلمان ہوں (۳۳) اور بھلائی اور برائی برابر نہیں ہوسکتی۔ تو (سخت کلامی کا) ایسے طریق سے جواب دو جو بہت اچھا ہو (ایسا کرنے سے تم دیکھو گے) کہ جس میں اور تم میں دشمنی تھی گویا وہ تمہارا گرم جوش دوست ہے (۳۴) اور یہ بات ان ہی لوگوں کو حاصل ہوتی ہے جو برداشت کرنے والے ہیں۔ اور ان ہی کو نصیب ہوتی ہے جو بڑے صاحب نصیب ہیں (۳۵) اور اگر تمہیں شیطان کی جانب سے کوئی وسوسہ پیدا ہو تو خدا کی پناہ مانگ لیا کرو۔ بےشک وہ سنتا جانتا ہے (۳۶) 

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox

saleem
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2010 03:19 AM »

Hey !!!!! what are you trying to do? I have enough trouble memorizing Newton's Laws of motion and you come up with this list!

There is only ONE golden principle (?principal) to remember:  you have to justify your actions to an entity which knows not only what you did but also how and why. If you keep this principle in mind, you will always get the right answer as to what you should do in any particular situation. whether you do it or not is up to you. 

AH

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2010 07:21 AM »

wsalam,

I don't think we have to memorize the list, but we should really know them. I know that I never knew a lot of those things were MAJOR sins before I read adhahabi's book. I"m sure a lot of others don't either...

About justifying things I agree that is a good principle to go by, but you'd be surprised by how much wack stuff ppl justify in their minds  Roll Eyes that's why we have the laws in Islam, bc ppl are just too subjective...

UBAB
Bro

Reps: 37

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2010 03:58 PM »

Saleem - I usually don't post these reminders ... or anything that Islamic for that matter... hmmm... so don't stress...

...on the lighter side ... since this post came from me, please don't confused this list as a bucklet list    Smiley

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox

skhansj
Bro

Reps: 14

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2010 05:00 PM »

JZAK UBAB,
There are three on the list that I need to be more careful of.

May Almighty Allah reward you for supporting the mission of our Rasool'Allah (SAW) by conveying the message (islamic knowledge) to those that need it.

This was very useful, and there were a few surprises there for me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: