// Major Issue in todays society - family vs. beliefs
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Here’s something to think about: How come you never see a headline like ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’? - Jay Leno
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Issue in todays society - family vs. beliefs  (Read 1820 times)
sana24
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
sana24 has no influence :(

« on: Jun 23, 2010 12:17 AM »

Assalmulaikum wrt wbkr,

Here is a problem which we often face in our society and I'm just wondering whats the best way to deal with it?

Should you attend parties/weddings held by muslims where there is mingling of opposite sexes, dancing and music?

What if it is your sisters wedding? Or your parents party? Or another really close relative?

Case:
My Friend and her husband are invited to his parents 25th Wedding Anniversery.
Now there will be music and dancing, which both my friend and her husband are against. Its not segregated either.

They have tried explaining this to the parents but the scenario is not likely to change, at the moment they are planning on going and just leaving early.

My friend feels that should go becuase otherwise the parents will be hurt and upset which may cause more damage then good. They can go and NOT dance or mingle (with the opp.sex), but on the other hand if they do go, they're supporting that enviroment.

At the moment they dont have children, but what if they did? Would that make it an even bigger issue? Because you dont wwant to expose your children to that enviroment and be a hypocrite saying its wrong its wrong but then finding exceptions to the rule. But then you dont want to start a family feud, like not turning up to your own sisters wedding because there is music playing.

Any Advice?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2010 04:09 AM »

wsalam,

best to avoid a place where you know something you feel is not right is going to happen. a lot of weddings/receptions kind of have a point where it goes from just eating to music/dancing/fun. thats when i see some ppl skip out so maybe they can try that Wink
Sarah Amena
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2010 07:42 PM »

Salam Sister Sana,

I agree with Jannah, I would attend the wedding and reception and mingle and congratulate the bride and groom and stay for a little bit and then bounce  bolt
I think a lot of that is personal choice, I think it's important to support a newly married couple but I don't think you should attend if it makes you uncomfortable...  I don't know..maybe I am just a little to open minded when it comes to that stuff  cute

sana24
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
sana24 has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2010 12:38 PM »

Thanks for the advice sisters  Smiley

I have the same view - stay for a bit to show your respect and then leave when it gets a bit crazy  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: