Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

All the world's a dars.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Women are most attractive at 31  (Read 4876 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jul 20, 2010 07:24 AM »

True or false? Wink

-----------------------------------
Women are most attractive at 31

Women are at their attractive bets when they are 31— that’s the precise age when, according to a survey, they are considered most beautiful.

The poll of 2,000 men and women, commissioned by the shopping channel QVC to celebrate its Beauty Month, found that females in their early thirties are seen as more attractive than younger girls as they are more confident and stylish.

The research concluded that beauty is as much about personality as appearance.

It was defined as being confident by 70 per cent, having good looks by 67 per cent and being stylish by 47 per cent.

Almost two thirds of women surveyed - 63 per cent - agreed that "with age, comes beauty".

The same number said that as they get older, they care less about what others think of the way they look.

And 51 per cent said as they age they shed their insecurities and feel prettier.

The survey also found that men now spend more on their looks than women—their monthly bill including gym and hairdressers is 119 pounds, compared to girls'' 105 pounds.

"This research shows what many have always suspected - real beauty is about more than just good looks, but a combination of confidence, style and personality too,” the Scotsman quoted Sue Leeson, marketing director of QVC, as saying.

"We know that treating yourself to something that makes you feel good, experimenting with hairstyles, and knowing the make-up to wear that makes you look your best will enhance your confidence and make you feel at your peak,” she added
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2010 08:33 AM »

salam

OK this is my utterly unscientific observation.

I've actually noticed this very point a while back, young girls are pretty and baby faced when they're young, but they tend to grow into their beauty so I would agree thirties is a time when women are beautiful.

I noticed this whilst watching a long running TV show, the girls start off very pretty anyway, but by the final season about eight years later they really have grown into their looks, and are beautiful (I have the box set so it's easier to observe the aesthetic differences).

I had no idea that 31 was the optimum tho....too bad I missed my own peak!!! Cheesy

On the other hand has anyone noticed that boys who are good looking as teenagers, do not tend to age well at all....

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2010 09:20 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum :bro

True or false?

It was narrated from Mu’aadh ibn Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:

“The people of Paradise will enter Paradise hairless, beardless with their eyes anointed with kohl, aged thirty or thirty-three years.”

Tirmidhi

Given the above hadith, perhaps 31 isn’t too far off the mark? bro

On the other hand has anyone noticed that boys who are good looking as teenagers, do not tend to age well at all....

Does that give hope to those who were not good looking when young? Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2010 12:01 PM »

I noticed this whilst watching a long running TV show, the girls start off very pretty anyway, but by the final season about eight years later they really have grown into their looks, and are beautiful (I have the box set so it's easier to observe the aesthetic differences).

I've noticed this too!!  This isn't Friends btw is it?  Because I think I really noticed this 'phenomenon' in this show Smiley.

It was narrated from Mu’aadh ibn Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:

“The people of Paradise will enter Paradise hairless, beardless with their eyes anointed with kohl, aged thirty or thirty-three years.”

Tirmidhi

Given the above hadith, perhaps 31 isn’t too far off the mark? bro

I instantly thought of this hadith too masha'Allaah Smiley

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2010 01:32 PM »

salam

No I was thinking of Charmed as the main protaganists are female, it's very interesting watching them grow into their looks....I do have the Friends boxset too, and the girls in that would be lovely, except both Courtney Cox, and Jennifer Anniston turn so skinny that it casts a pall on their beauty somewhat.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2010 02:06 PM »

Salam alaikum

Cheesy Wink Grin

Oh gosh, waiting for this rush of beauty thats supposed to appear as if by magic on my 31st birthday! Will I turn from  sis into  princesssis? I sure do hope so Wink

no seriously, I have no idea about the age 31 or otherwise!  I do look at pics of myself at 20 and think, wow, I sure have changed, and not for the better.  It's like I can *see* the youth in me back then? alhamdulillah for everything, Allah swt knows why and how we age, and may He swt beautify our character and Imaan more than anything else.

Here's a bebsi for those waiting for the transformation  bebzi and an extra one for thos who missed the boat  bebzi bebzi  Wink

Salam
S.

p.s wasnt there another hadith about women being the equivalent of 16 and men 30?  in Jannah I mean...?
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2010 04:31 PM »

Interesting article and yes, I think, from my point of view as a male, women do look more mature at that age and have "grown into" their looks as you guys have said.

As for guys, not so sure,  Cheesy about that age milestone and um, yeah, nature hasn't been so kind when it comes to my hair (not much left  Sad Sad Sad) and I'm 28.

Yes! I too thought of that Hadith, BrKhalid when I saw the article title!
 desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
skhansj
Bro

Reputation Power: 1
skhansj has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2010 06:09 PM »

For someone who spend lots of time on statistics, I would approach these claims about '31' being a prime age for beauty' with a bit of skepticism.

For one thing, it is right there in the middle of the prime child-bearing years, which makes it a bit of default peak when you have a bell curve distribution. Personally, I feel that the beauty-age curve is probably more likely to fall into continuous 'ranges' than discrete years. You are not all that different at the age of 31 as compared to 32 or 33 (maybe it becomes more extreme once you cross 60 though).

Switching to subjective non-scientific observation, I'll be the first to admit that 16 - 24 years old have a beauty born of freshness and innocence. However, even though they are beautiful (and Almighty Allah has made them that way), I would lose interest in them very quickly as their interests and maturity level differs from mine.

25 - 37 year old women are more interesting. I can actually carry on a conversation with them, and learn something in the process; they can keep my attention for a more sustained period of time. My interests will probably shift over the years, as I age as well, and so will this range.

Any women who can bring me closer to Allah is an absolute stunner in my books. However, that is a dangerous hypothesis to test out, and I'll hold off on that experiment....

The two variables discussed in the article 'confidence' and 'stylishness' are so subjective. What one person perceives as confidence can be defined as 'jerk-like' behaviour or arrogance by another. What one person sees as stylishness can be perceived as showing-off, prudishness or lewdness by another.
It's the whole goldilocks story all over again (too hard, too soft, just right...)

The true measure of beauty (at least in my opinion) is not skin-deep. It has nothing to do with age.

It starts out with you both sharing something that brings you closer. Whether it is a love of Allah, a spoken language, a love of travel, surviving an air crash together or an unhealthy propensity for consuming tons of restaurant food. Something has to be there that would convince two people to spend more than a few hours at a time together.

Over time, that builds into something more; a set of shared 'stories', achievements and spectacular failures that almost tie you together.

It's like when I look at my wife and I see someone who had done a million things for me, who has shared the adventure of living in four countries in three continents, supported me through the difficult days of my PhD,  and with whom I have had three wonderful kids. She is the heart of my family. There cannot be someone more beautiful than her. Even if I ever had to get married again, she would still be someone ever so special to me (I am sure that any Hoor Al'Ayn's that may be in my destiny are jealous about now  Wink ).

It is like the stories of how Ayesha (may Almighty Allah be pleased with her) used to be so jealous of Khadija (may Almighty Allah be pleased with her as well); Khadija was the first person to accept Islam, and supported the Rasool'Allah (SAW) in his most difficult days; she was the mother of his children. Even though Khadija was not there in Madina, Ayesha still felt her presence in some habits that our Prophet (SAW) continued (like certain forms of charity etc) and some friends that he honoured above others (due to their friendship with Khadija).

Age has limited impact on perceptions of real beauty (which I define as a quality that leads to sustainable, lasting love).

Age definitely has something to do with attraction (which is a more shallow measure of beauty), which is a different variable, innit? This is what the modern consumer focused society would love us to define beauty as, and the QVC magazine is an integral part of this culture.

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Jul 21, 2010 06:08 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

p.s wasnt there another hadith about women being the equivalent of 16 and men 30?  in Jannah I mean...?

I can’t say I’ve heard of anything like this.

I hope it isn’t a reflection of how long it takes men to mature Wink

For one thing, it is right there in the middle of the prime child-bearing years, which makes it a bit of default peak when you have a bell curve distribution. Personally, I feel that the beauty-age curve is probably more likely to fall into continuous 'ranges' than discrete years.

That’s kind of interesting, I wonder what the bell curve would be centred around for men? Are there any factors which correspond to a default peak for brothers?

Also some really interesting insights there Br Shezad, jazakhallah khair for sharing.

I have to say I particular liked the following line bro

Any women who can bring me closer to Allah is an absolute stunner in my books

It reminded me of a quote from Hamza Yusuf which basically said that the first stage of love is attraction.

If that’s the case, maybe we should all be really lowering gazes when we meet 31 year olds Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2010 12:50 PM »

I like this statistic.  It's give me hope that the best is yet to come.  I'm currently having a bit of a crisis turning 30!

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Jul 21, 2010 01:27 PM »

salaams,

Interesting. I read this during the day on some news site. For sure, I didnt expect to see it posted on themadina! Anyhoo.

So I gather I'm at my most attractive state right now being 32. Okay, unless we are very exact..I could be past that prime also. Let the world be the judge I suppose. Eh. I guess it is a matter of growing into ones self; being comfortable in your own skin; the addition of a few grey hairs here and there and so on.

With all of this said, this may well be my moment to find that husband of mine! haha. Let's see. I'll keep ya posted on my progress, if any.

Bro skhansj , interesting thoughts btw.

peace out all.
me
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Jul 21, 2010 04:28 PM »

"It sometimes happens that a woman is handsomer at twenty-nine than she was ten years before; and, generally speaking, if there has been neither ill-health nor anxiety, it is a time of life at which scarcely any charm is lost."

-- Jane Austen's Persuasion
Sarah Amena
Sis

Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #12 on: Jul 21, 2010 05:38 PM »

25 - 37 year old women are more interesting. I can actually carry on a conversation with them, and learn something in the process; they can keep my attention for a more sustained period of time. My interests will probably shift over the years, as I age as well, and so will this range.

Whew Brother Skhansj  I just made the cut  Cheesy
skhansj
Bro

skhansj has no influence :(

« Reply #13 on: Jul 21, 2010 09:21 PM »

Wow, what an active thread!

Sarah Amena :
Whew Brother Skhansj  I just made the cut

I guess that means that I don't have to baby-sit you if we ever meet up.  Wink
You do appear to be mature beyond your years my child.  oldshaykh
se7en:
"It sometimes happens that a woman is handsomer at twenty-nine than she was ten years before; and, generally speaking, if there has been neither ill-health nor anxiety, it is a time of life at which scarcely any charm is lost."
-- Jane Austen's Persuasion

I like my life simple. Jane Austen complicates the existence of anyone whom her sharp wit touches. Scary.  bolt
I completely admire anyone who loves the classics, but classic novels wear me out. Sorry   Smiley

I'd rather read a book on Alexander the Great's military strategies, or a systematic dissection of post-modernism.
lala marcy:
So I gather I'm at my most attractive state right now being 32. Okay, unless we are very exact..I could be past that prime also. Let the world be the judge I suppose. Eh. I guess it is a matter of growing into ones self; being comfortable in your own skin; the addition of a few grey hairs here and there and so on.

Sr Marcy, I am sure that you are stunner. Your propensity to make a distinction between the equal vs the equal-or-greater operations appeals to the geek in me. Not something I find in most women...

orangetree:
I like this statistic.  It's give me hope that the best is yet to come.  I'm currently having a bit of a crisis turning 30!

Age is not the most important variable. However in a world where people are shopping for products based on feature lists, you want to be a complete solution (how is that for marketing double-speak). No one buys a drill for itself, they purchase a drill to make quarter-inch holes.

You need someone to find you who is not looking for a template of age/ethnicity/income/etc etc, but someone who wants you for who you are. May Almighty Allah make this person appear for you soon (Amen).

BrKhalid:
That’s kind of interesting, I wonder what the bell curve would be centred around for men? Are there any factors which correspond to a default peak for brothers?

I am going to officially crown you our resident intellectual.
Cool

Here is a cold beverage of carbonated characteristics  bebzi

I have no idea what the default peak is for brothers, I am sure that some of the lovely ladies on this forum have strong opinions on that.
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #14 on: Jul 22, 2010 08:46 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I guess it is a matter of growing into ones self; being comfortable in your own skin

There is actually probably some sound reasoning to the above for both males and females!!

As we mature, we move away from those awkward ‘don’t know what I’m doing’ or ‘don’t know who I’m supposed to be’ type questions as we realise where and how we ‘fit in’.

That realization, whenever it happens, probably results in a sense of renewed confidence and tranquility which perhaps manifests externally as well as internally Huh?

It wouldn’t be too far-fetched to suggest we start feeling comfortable with who we are at around 31 and hence the statistic.

Of course, according to this theory, people who ‘discover themselves’ earlier will tend to be more attractive earlier and vice versa so it’s not all necessarily downhill post 31 bro

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #15 on: Jul 22, 2010 06:47 PM »

wsalam,

maybe we should do a poll on the above to get some 'real' results Wink i think back to when we were younger and we were always trying out new clothes and hairstyles and crazy makeup and the latest styles. getting older ppl find what suits them, they have more money to buy nicer things, get facials whatever. maybe this makes them look more 'elegant' than previous even if they don't have that 'youthful beauty'.
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #16 on: Jul 24, 2010 04:35 AM »

as salaamu alaykum,

I like my life simple. Jane Austen complicates the existence of anyone whom her sharp wit touches. Scary.

beat

Sorry
I'd rather read a book on Alexander the Great's military strategies, or a systematic dissection of post-modernism.

I will have to let you go on that one, because I think many men are just not genetically coded by Allah (swt) to appreciate the depth and beauty of such things.  Tongue   One day a few years back I found my husband with my worn out, oft-read copy of Pride and Prejudice and he told me that he wanted to discover what it was that made me so attached to that book.  A while later I came back to find him asleep opened to to the third page I think Smiley 

salaam
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #17 on: Jul 24, 2010 05:50 AM »

salaamz

One day a few years back I found my husband with my worn out, oft-read copy of Pride and Prejudice and he told me that he wanted to discover what it was that made me so attached to that book.  A while later I came back to find him asleep opened to to the third page I think   

LOL. It's really hard to adjust to the pace of 19th century literature (and adaptations in film) plus the subtlety of Austenian dialogue. But it is definitely worth the adjustment, to see what lies beneath the surface of Austen's seemingly calm and tranquil literary ocean.

t
helwa
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
helwa has no influence :(

« Reply #18 on: Jul 24, 2010 08:01 PM »

HA!!  Grin

This is so good to know, now I dont feel so bad about being old and 30 .. next year is MY YEAR hahahaha
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #19 on: Jul 25, 2010 09:00 AM »

Something to look forward to....

Also, I heard (in a movie), that one's intellectual peak is at 22, and one's emotional peak is at 40...

It's all downhill from there, though.
 oldshaykh
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #20 on: Jul 25, 2010 07:29 PM »

now I dont feel so bad about being old and 30

Old at 30!?! Give me a break!! Cheesy

I'm 55 going on 10 and LOVING it!!!

peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #21 on: Aug 18, 2010 10:11 AM »

I think men are most attractive at around 40
saad3i
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
saad3i has no influence :(

« Reply #22 on: Aug 18, 2010 05:12 PM »

it might be true because i think they become more Elegant as they reach their 30's
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #23 on: Aug 18, 2010 06:14 PM »

salam

I'm beginning to feel a leeetle annoyed now, how come every other woman gets beauty and elegance and I get saddled with wrinkly eyes?Huh??

Wassalaam

Sarah Amena
Sis

Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #24 on: Aug 19, 2010 08:07 AM »

Sister Fozia,
Wrinkly eyes just means that you have laughed a lot, so really it's a good thing!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: