Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Laylat Al-Qadr  (Read 1374 times)
Christine_1208
Sis

Reps: 13

« on: Jul 21, 2010 11:02 PM »

The night has been variously fixed as the 21st, 23rd and the 25th of Ramadan. Ibn Hanbal reported that Ibn Omar had related a hadith in which the Prophet said "Whosoever seeks the night, let him seek it on the 27th".

So which is it? How do we know? Is there a sign we should be looking for?

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2010 06:51 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

InshaAllah the following article should help.

http://www.jannah.org/ramadan/lailatulqadr.html

There is probably much wisdom as to why we don't know the exact date for the Night of Power!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2010 04:54 PM »

Thank you brother..

What is I'tikaaf?

Also I know this sounds stupid all these questions, but please be patient.

So let me get this straight you are to pray all night??? I have to work in the morning and get my kids ready for school, how many hours is the minimium? Obviously I can't stay up all night every odd night because of this. So what do I do?

Are these regular prayers? When do you say O Allaah you are the one who pardons greatly, and loves to pardon, so pardon me? I will be alone the last ten days, my husband will be at the masjid. I am trying to figure all this out, before hand. I am already asking him too many questions  Sad  I am trying to figure out my schedule.. sigh, I pray this is not like last year   :'(  Sad

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.

UBAB
Bro

Reps: 37

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2010 05:47 PM »

I'tikaaf is being in seclusion for a period of time.  Basically spending the day and night in prayer and in the remembrance of Allah (swt)... so some people set up a small space in the masjid or their home where they have their basic belongings (sleeping bag, toothbrush, favourite quran, etc).

People spend this time away from others, and in prayer...

This mainly occurs in Ramadaan...
some perform this for the entire month of Ramadaan
some more perform this in the last ten days...
some more perform this on the odd nights (21 st , 23th, 25th, 27th ...) of the last tens days and some more perform this on the 27th night itself...

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox

Christine_1208
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2010 07:00 PM »

Thanks so much! Jazzaka Allahu Kheiran.

WOW.. That would be great. To experience that. Never had seculusion before. Only one time during a weekend retreat when I was Catholic. It was awesome, to have lectures and then be way from everything and everyone. You, God and no one else. Although that was only one and 1/2 days Tongue

I could not imagine having extended days like that. My husband is so lucky to work for the masjid, added perks when Ramadan comes. I had enough trouble getting off for Eid on 9-10.

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2010 08:18 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

So let me get this straight you are to pray all night???

By no means, one does not have to pray all night but one does what one can.

If that means praying a bit more after Isha and then heading off to bed, then that’s good.

Alternatively, getting up a bit early before Fajr and praying in the last third of the night is also good.

If you can do both, even better and so on and so forth.

Human beings tend to gravitate towards extremes (either we do too much or too little) and being moderate is actually something we all have to learn and work on.

Unfortunately there is no escaping that this takes time and effort. Sad

If you ever see a baby from young and marvel how when it’s first born, it cannot even move from just lying on its back. Thereafter it begins to turn over, then crawl, then starts to stand up and subsequently learns how to walk and eventually run!!

All too often we start off lying on our back and expect to be running the next second!!

And whilst it’s good to try and emulate those that are ‘running’ we have to appreciate we may not be at that level and hence we need to focus on bringing ourselves up rather than being discouraged at our own inability compared to others.

In summary, therefore, try and work out a schedule that is realistic and will be achievable and inshaAllah try and implement it during every day of Ramadhan. Good deeds done regularly (even if small) are far weightier than lots of good deeds performed only haphazardly.

Also I know this sounds stupid all these questions, but please be patient.

Fret not, that’s why we have this community so we can all benefit from each other! bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: