Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramadaan is Coming - Submit your Change Requests Now...  (Read 959 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reps: 37

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Jul 20, 2010 05:33 PM »

As-salam-mu-alaikum!

Those of you are in pharma or IT or other regulated industries know that if you want to make a change to something, a system or process, you have to submit a change request... so since Ramadan is coming up... I'm proposing a change request system so that people can write about 1 or more things they want to change in ourselves... I know it sound weird, but if we submit a change, it means that we are planning for it, which means we are preparing for it  - which increases the likelihood of success!

thobebro
   UBAB

If the change is personal, then submit it anonymously... or use it for yourself - I have placed a template  at the end:

EXAMPLE:

CHANGE REQUEST SUBMITTED BY UBAB
PROPOSED COMPLETION DATE: END OF RAMADAAN

Name of Change:
Praying at the mosque

Description of Change:
Change schedule to ensure that we are going to the mosque one or more times in the day

Justification for Change:
Greater reward for praying in congregation in the mosque
Ability to meet other like minded people the mosque
Grow attachment for our institutions/facilities

Impact of Not Implementing this Change:
Letting life lead us, and not leading life
Could become complacent in our prayers
Prayers could become delayed, or we could forget

Impact to others:
Sakina - we are more at peace with ourselves
We can find out the situation of others in our community
we can invite others to pray with us via carpool (if applicable)

Detail Description of Implementation:
1. Confirm Athan/Prayer times in closest/favourite facility
2. Add times to your outlook calender or phone or daily timer
3. Determine if you have transportation there
3a. If yes, then invite others to the mosque
3b. If No, determine public transportation connections
3c. If No, determine carpool opportunities
4. Determine correct time you have to depart in order to reach the mosque on time
5. After prayer confirm if times have changed

Back Out Procedure:
If sick or other emergency, do not attend the mosque for that day, however, ensure you keep track of it so that you can make it up another day

Verification Process:
1. Create a monthly schedule with each day written out with the five prayers, tick off which prayer(s) in the day you have performed
2. At end of the month, review the schedule to confirm you have been the objective of praying the equivalent of one more prayer each day at the mosque

TEMPLATE

CHANGE REQUEST SUBMITTED BY:
PROPOSED COMPLETION DATE:

Name of Change:

Description of Change:

Impact to others:

Back Out Procedure:

Verification Process:

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox

Christine_1208
Sis

Reps: 13

« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2010 10:02 PM »

Thanks UBAB. Jazzaka Allahu Kheiran. I will post even though hard, I am hoping it will help. I am more worried about Allah then I am what people here think.

CHANGE REQUEST SUBMITTED BY: Christine
PROPOSED COMPLETION DATE: End of Ramadan

Name of Change:
Making all 5 daily prayers  bropraying

Description of Change:
Develop a system to  insure I am making all my obligatory prayers, on time everyday. Improve the overall salat, fixing mistakes and INSHA'ALLAH finally say it all in arabic.

Pleasing Allah
Better understanding of prayer and becoming closer to Allah
Ability to understand what led me off my schedule and how to avoid it.
Change of mind frame from chore/duty to willingness/worship
'No one who used to pray before the rising of the sun and before its setting will enter the Fire," meaning Fajr and 'Asr." [Muslim]

HELLFIRE
Haram leads to more haram
Becoming further away from Allah and not closer
"Between man and polytheism and unbelief is the abandonment of salat." [Muslim]

Impact to others:
How can I teach my children if I don't do it.
I maybe able to help another in the future

Detail Description of Implementation:Set phone at work for prayer times.
Change my breaks and lunch so it matches prayer time.
Make a buddy list to have someone say.. GO PRAY!
Fess-up to my husband that I have been severly lacking in prayer and I need him to help me.
When adhan plays at home make wudo, or finish up what I am doing and go make wudo. no procrastinating
Stop being shy to ask for help when I need it.
Pray with my husband more, instead of telling him I want to pray alone (this only enables me to hide and skip the prayer)
Read tafsir so I understand the deep meaning behind Al-Fatitha and the other surah's I do know,

Back Out Procedure:
If sick or emergency, make up prayers as soon as possible. Pray in bed if need be, just do not miss. Use post-it note and write I missed such and such, stick in on the fridge for the whole family to see... accountability

Verification Process:
Keep a small journal and write what I am feeling during my salat; at the end of the week reveiw and make changes.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.

skhansj
Bro

Reps: 14

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2010 02:48 AM »

Salaam Alaykum UBAB,

Thank you for sharing this. The plan to insha'Allah pray more in congregation. Too much individual and domestic salat. Let's see what impact this has on my life; I feel that perhaps my time will have more barakat in it.

Salaam Alaykum Sister Christine,
I used to find prayers very difficult when I was younger. The secret to making it second nature was to always be in wudu. Now, whenever I am out of wudu, I promptly get back into it.

This has two advantages:

1. There is one less step between you and the salat. Thus, it is the same reasons that shops accept credit cards, the customers do not have the excuse of not having money with them... it reduces 'friction' between you and the prayers.

2. When you are in wudu you seriously weaken the influence of the shaytaan on you. This probably has amazing impact on so many aspects of your life.

Sarah Amena
Sis

Reps: 16

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2010 05:26 AM »

Name of Change:
Giving more Sadaqha
Description of Change:
Spending money in the way of Allah swt and giving more generously with my family (inshAllah!!!)

Stop focusing on myself and my needs and instead focus on helping others.

Greed
Becoming materialistic

Impact to others:
By  providing means to people in need and InshAllah making their lives easier and bettering our Ummah

1. Take a set amount of each check and donate to our Masjid
2. In September, when doing the big United Way thing at work donate,not only to preventing animal abuse, but also to Muslim charities or even mosques or Muslim organizations
3. Sponsor an orphan in a Muslim country, hopefully by September.
4. Give my grandmother and my mom  some extra spending money and pay for any/all  medications
5. Think through before I buy something and think of other ways that I can spend that money
6. Be more conscientious of our finances and not go overboard............
7. Get rid of any access clothing, kitchen stuff, blankets, books or any stuff that I have that isn't being used and donate to Good Will or some other not-for-profit place
Back Out Procedure:
Verification Process:
1. If I start going off track, I will self monitor and InshAllah, self correct and always remember that the purpose of life is to worship Allah swt and do our best to please him

Christine_1208
Sis

Reps: 13

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2010 05:44 PM »

Salaam Alaykum UBAB,

Thank you for sharing this. The plan to insha'Allah pray more in congregation. Too much individual and domestic salat. Let's see what impact this has on my life; I feel that perhaps my time will have more barakat in it.

Salaam Alaykum Sister Christine,
I used to find prayers very difficult when I was younger. The secret to making it second nature was to always be in wudu. Now, whenever I am out of wudu, I promptly get back into it.

This has two advantages:

1. There is one less step between you and the salat. Thus, it is the same reasons that shops accept credit cards, the customers do not have the excuse of not having money with them... it reduces 'friction' between you and the prayers.

2. When you are in wudu you seriously weaken the influence of the shaytaan on you. This probably has amazing impact on so many aspects of your life.

Thank you!! Great idea!! I will implement that! Insha Allah!

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: