// Texas mom told 911 operator she killed 2 children
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Business Ethics: The Prophet said: 'A truthful and trustworthy merchant will be in the company of the prophets, the very truthful, and the martyrs.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ad-Dârimî, Sunan Ad-Dâraqutnî)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas mom told 911 operator she killed 2 children  (Read 1230 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jul 22, 2010 06:21 AM »

Texas mom told 911 operator she killed 2 children
AP

DALLAS – A suburban Dallas mother accused of strangling her two young children told a 911 operator she killed them because they were autistic and she wanted "normal kids," according to a tape released Wednesday.

Irving police released the recording after Saiqa Akhter was charged with one count of capital murder in the strangling of her 5-year-old son, Zain Akhter, at the family's apartment Monday night. Police spokesman David Tull said another capital murder charge is pending in the slaying of her 2-year-old daughter, Faryaal Akhter, who died Tuesday night.

Police say the mother called 911 after attacking the children. In the recording, the woman identifies herself as Saiqa Akhter and repeatedly tells the operator she killed her two children, describing how she first tried to poison them, then later strangled them with some type of wire. At one point during the recording, the woman hangs up and the dispatcher calls her back.

"I killed them. I killed both of them," she told the operator. Later, she explained that both children were lying motionless on the bed in the master bedroom.

"They are not doing anything. They are just blue and they are not taking any breaths and ... their heart is not beating," she said.

She told the operator she initially tried to poison the children with bathroom cleaner but they refused to drink it. When that didn't work, "I used a wire on their necks," she said.

When the operator asked the woman why she attacked her children, she said, "They're both not normal, not normal. They're autistic. Both are autistic." Pressed further, she said, "I don't want my children to be like that. ... I want normal kids."

Later, the dispatcher asked the woman what she was feeling. "Nothing," she responded.

At one point, water can be heard running in the background and the dispatcher asks what the woman is doing. She told the operator she was trying to wash the smell of cleaner off of her hands. The dispatcher then told the woman to go sit on a couch in the living room and wait for police.

At the end of the recording, police can be heard arriving at the home.

Akhter has requested a court-appointed attorney but one hasn't been assigned to her case yet, an Irving jail official said Wednesday. If convicted of capital murder, Akhter could face the death penalty, though prosecutors have not said if they will seek that punishment. Otherwise, she could face life in prison without parole.

Saiqa Akhter's uncle, Wasimul Haque, told The Dallas Morning News that his niece had been depressed since moving into a new apartment in Irving. Haque said Zain had autism and a severe speech impediment but had been improving and was in speech therapy.

The children's father, Rashid Akhter, emigrated from Pakistan in the late 1990s, the newspaper reported. He married Saiqa, who also is from Pakistan, several years later, it said.

Zain was buried Wednesday in Richardson, another Dallas suburb. Faryaal's funeral is scheduled for Thursday.
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2010 06:40 PM »

disgusting....the erosion of the maternal instinct is a really scary thing

Initially when I saw the subect title I thought was this story:

Debra Janelle Jeter 911 Call Released: "I Just Killed My Children."

HILLSBORO, Texas (CBS) As a part of the plea agreement that has put Debra Janelle Jeter behind bars for the rest of her life, the Hill County Sheriff's Office has released the 911 tape from the evening she killed one of her daughters and critically injured the other, reports The Hillsboro Reporter.

The tape had previously been withheld because it was part of an investigation.

Jeter, who had recently divorced from her husband, was watching her two daughters for the first-time under a custody agreement, when things went horribly wrong.

According to The Hillsboro Reporter, Mrs. Jeter called 911 and the dispatcher had to ask a second time for Mrs. Jeter to repeat her emergency.

"I just killed my children," she responded.

After refusing to identity herself or give the age of her children, she pleads with the dispatcher, and asks that help come quicker in order to save her then 13-year-old daughter Kiersten, who was still fighting for her life.

"One of them is dead. She's dead, dead. But the other one wants to be saved," Jeter exclaims to the dispatcher. "She's asking to be saved, and I couldn't handle that. She's bled out a lot. She might die."

Toward the end of the call, she lets the dispatcher know that she is unarmed and the only thing that she has in her hand is her cell phone. The knife used during the attacks on Kelsey, 12, and Kiersten was found on top of Mrs. Jeter's car which was parked in an abandoned farm house where the crimes occurred, says paper.

When help arrived, Mrs. Jeter was lying on the ground and immediately taken into custody.

Mrs. Jeter has refused interviews to discuss events leading up to the attacks.

http://www.ktva.com/ci_15211736?source=most_viewed
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:34 PM »

THIS IS WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND...

there are so many childless couples out there who can't afford the $10 000+ of treatment required to have kids... why not just give these children to them instead of killing them... isn't having the love of a child who is autistic better than not have a child at all?

My friend has a child who is missing an arm and a leg... they were told that when she was in the womb ... but they chose to continue the pregancy... you know how beautiful she is? How she learned to crawl is just amazing... and now when she smiles your heart melts in a second...

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2010 10:12 PM »

salam

There's got to be something wrong. There just hasto be more to this story than that she killed her children, she could have been suffering fomr mental health problems, depression anything....

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2010 11:34 PM »

I just don't understand what is wrong with people. You would have to be mental to hurt your child! Give me a baseball bat and 5 minutes with both these women. Sorry it just really angers me, like UBAB said.. Some people can't have children give your kids away don't kill a human life... blah!!!!

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2010 06:54 AM »

Gosh this is really sad. SubhanAllah...

I think we have such a lack of professional psychiatrists who are practicing Islam... and such a huge taboo in our societies on seeking help for mental issues, that we end up in situations like this. 

This is the extreme end of the problem, but there millions of other cases who don't actually die and don't end up in the papers either.

She does sound rather off... washing her hands and stuff...
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2010 07:12 AM »

what i dont understand is how can you KILL someone????forget the stupidness of that she doesnt want her own children but how can you KILL?Huh?
Sarah Amena
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2010 09:25 PM »

I have had the opportunity to work with children with Autism and they are wonderful!  I realize that there is a spectrum of autistic behaviors but my experiences have been positive and the children are truly special. So sad that this mother  thought something was wrong with her children..  Sad
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2010 09:38 PM »

So sad that this mother  thought something was wrong with her children..

Perhaps a cultural stigma. Add that to psychiatric problems and you've got a recipe for disaster
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: