Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Simplicity: The Prophet said: 'What is little but sufficient is better than that which is abundant but causes heedlessness. ' (Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acne problem?  (Read 1300 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Jul 24, 2010 07:22 AM »

i am a young girl sruggling with a face acne problem i have tried every product for my face but nothing seems to work . i often find myself feeling like i dont want to go out of the house and i feel ashamed of myself any advice

your sister in islam

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2010 08:54 AM »

Sometimes acne is more severe and the over-the-counter stuff does not help it, but rather aggravates it.   If it's really bad, you may have to see a dermatologist who could really offer better advice.

If it's mild acne, try to avoid using any types of soap/cleansers for 2 weeks.. use plain water to wash your face...  see what happens.  There are some herbal things you can try too... but I find that not everything works on everyone. My mother used to swear by a mashed bananas and honey mask... it didn't help me much though (or maybe it did, but i hated the ickiness on my face). My sister used to use yogurt and some other stuff - i can't even remember... I guess my acne was never really that bad, but I use to kill any sign of the slightest pimple with a tomato (not advisable if you have a lot of acne, it's going to sting)..
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2010 10:26 AM »

salam

I never suffered from acne as a child...and then hit my late twenties and my beautiful skin just I dunno.....

They way I treat myself is this, I obviously ensure my skin is kept clean, especially after I've been out I wash it with a mild face wash, but I also take high strength vitamin C, and Star flower oil, the Starflower oil I take for other reasons but one of its unexpected side effects is the most gorgeous glowing skin ever, and shiny hair and strong nails....of course then I read that article about women in their 30's being at their aesthetic peak, so it could just be that it's all going to go down hill from here for me!!!

Try not to stress, eat well, drink lots of water, do not use harsh treatments for your face it makes the problem worse. Inshallah it will clear up.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2010 12:43 PM »

Actually that's a great point... it could be what you're eating, as well...

Cut out all the greasy, fatty, sugary, caffeinated stuff... 

Just try it for 2-3 weeks, and see if it improves your situation.

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2010 04:41 PM »

Salams,

The best thing is to try different things and find what works for you. What worked for me is to cut out a lot of fried food/soda/chips and use a good cleanser every morning and night. The one I love is St. Ives Tea tree cleanser. A lot of people swear by cetaphil which is very gentle and has a moisturizer too, but I found it didn't work for me. So try different things and inshaAllah you'll find something that works. Also if you get zits let your face heal naturally otherwise you end up with a lot of scars later in life. Make sure to cleanse makeup completely and use stuff that doesn't clog pores. Also, 90% of the time it's a teenage thing that disappears so just be patient Smiley
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2010 08:29 PM »

salam

good advice in above posts.  try to be careful about what you eat, have a healthy lifestyle and don't expect results overnight.  if you persist on using a good cleanser and moisturizer routine, you  will reduce breakouts considerably. being consistent is very important.

whatever you do DO NOT take accutane. accutane is a prescription drug for severe cases of acne.  it is now understood that accutane may give rise to crohn's disease after use.  crohn's is a chronic inflammatory disease of the digestive tract.  
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2010 12:14 AM »

asak
My son...and I use Oxy face pads. Really works well for us.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #7 on: Jul 25, 2010 07:26 PM »

My son used Proactive and it worked well for him.  However, my friend used it and hated it.  Said it dried her skin out too much.  I guess you just have to see what works for you....
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2010 11:19 PM »

Asalam Alaikum,

I have had acne problems since I was 14. It started out as moderate became severe a few years later and now is mild again. To be honest I never really cared to treat my acne, always thought it would just disappear by itself but it never really did. I've gone to the dermatologist and tried different medications which helped a little but I quit using them because well I don't like putting stuff in my body that isn't natural or that will harm me. What I use now is Panoxyl, it's a soap that has 10% benzyl peroxide and it works really well for me. I have oily skin so I have to use something along with water to wash my face.

Assalamu Alaikum
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #9 on: Sep 16, 2010 02:00 PM »

I cant seem to log in, but wanted to post this to the sister with acne problems.

ask ur doctor first before doing this, but it really works.

mix 1/2 warm water (not too hot) with 1 teaspoon active bakers yeast, and 1/2 teaspoon sugar.

First thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything drink this mixture.

keep it up for at least 30 days and inshAllah you will see a big difference.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: