// Burn the Quran
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Beauty: The Prophet said: 'Allah is beautiful and loves beauty.' (Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burn the Quran  (Read 3633 times)
helwa
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
helwa has no influence :(

« on: Jul 25, 2010 05:04 PM »

Assalaamu Alaykom everyone

I am asking you to all do something. If you have a FB account then please read this.

this page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Burn-A-Koran-Day/134718123226530

Belongs to a CHURCH half an hour from my house. They have repeatedly made such calls and are very dangerous. They have a big sign outside the church saying "islam is of the devil" and they call on people to actively commit acts of violence and hate against islam and muslims.

FB clearly states this is against the rules, yet they have yet to take the page down. Allowing this page to be on FB gives them a bigger audience, gain followers, and spread this message further, and to call on and incite hatred and violence. This is a crime, and is against FB rules.

Please go to the page, scroll down to the end of the left hand column and click on 'report this page' and select 'hate speech' or 'violence'

that is all you have to do to take a stand for Islam and Muslims living in this area. I am not asking you to protest or even leave your chair.

If they were burning crosses and calling for black people to be hung, they would be taken down and people would be outraged. Muslims are human beings as well and deserve the same protection of our civil liberties.

Thank you

Aminah

keep in mind that an organization recognized by the united nations advocating for palestinian refugees is being refused by FB
http://prrnblog.wordpress.com/2010/07/25/facebook-blocks-palestinian/

yet this hate group exists on fb.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2010 05:58 PM »

salam

How about nobody clicks that link, and nobody looks at that page, and everyone ignores it?

Going by f/b's past reticence to withdraw pages which incur huge numbers of hits, you are actually helping the cause by putting up links to it and creating awareness of it.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
skhansj
Bro

Reputation Power: 1
skhansj has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2010 06:57 PM »

I support sister Fauzia's suggestion. You only support these groups by taking part in debates on their turf.

If you want to get involved, take part in the debate on boingboing, the more neutral news sites etc, which are well read and neutral.

If you are a lawyer, you may consider suing the group for defamation or hate speech, or give a donation to CAIR to help them do that.
helwa
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2010 09:53 PM »

wow

i did not ask you to go debate them, i have no done that as i know it is useless.

So that is what muslims what to do when someone is buring a pile of qurans/??? i am so ashamed.

EVIL persists when good people remain silent.

FB is not taking the page down because not enough people are complaining and the page is getting thousands of hits ANYWAY so why not let your hit count for something ...

anyway ... seems muslims in general do not care at all ... have no jealous fire in them for the holy things of Allah. CAIR by the way is offering no response to the group AT ALL. they said to instead give a friend a quran .. why? why would i give someone a quran who does not want it ... so silly.

this is not a page just offereing up an idea. this is an actual EVENT that is happening, they are inviting people getting word out via FB ... they are using fb to commit a hate crime !!!! were it not for the FB page they would only get the word out to the small town they live in...

and i think fb is intelligent enough to look at the number of hits and subtract the number of complaints from it.
Sarah Amena
Sis

Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2010 10:09 PM »

Salam Alaikum Helwa,

I understand your frustrations and I definitely would be just as irate  but what our brothers and sisters are suggesting is to let the fire burn out.   Let us focus on things that we can change  and increase peoples awareness of Islam.  Getting into verbal warfare is exactly what these people are after.  Instead of falling into their trap, let's all agree to do something postive for our Ummah or do some type of Dawah, like giving a copy of the Holy Quran to someone. Let's all work on our patience and pray to Allah for guidance.

Salam,

Amena
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2010 10:19 PM »

salam

Look Helwa, f/b really don't take down these kind of pages, they enjoy them, they enjoy the attention the notriority it brings, and the news make us sound like crazy people.

F/b really don't listen to complaints against anti Islam pages, they haven't, they wont.

I suggest not clicking on the link and us not give them the interent traffic they so crave. That's the only thing we can do, and also deactivate our f/b accounts....can you do that as a protest?

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
skhansj
Bro

skhansj has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2010 10:32 PM »

SA Helwa,
I understand your anger. We all feel the same way.

However, years of dealing with crazies and reactionaries has given me some guidelines on which battles to fight and which are losing propositions.

This group is not interested in exploring options, or anything civilized. They are simply seeking attention. If you give it to them, you have only encouraged then. When the average person sees them, they will automatically associate the 'crazy' label to them and move on with their lives. Thus, there is no real impact from them.

Almighty Allah has also given us a guarantee that the Qur'aan will be preserved till the last day. If you want to support the Qur'aan, spend some time learning it and teaching it, and be counted as one of the best persons in this world in the eyes of the one who really counts, Almighty Allah.

If you do debate any of these nutters, please don't mock their beliefs. There is an explicit ayat in the Quran that mentions that you should not mock the idols of the disbelievers lest they mock our Lord (I need to dig this up, but am really pressed for time right now). This mutual mocking is not good in any way, for you or for them.

Also, speak gently to them, following the example given to Moses when he was commanded to admonish the Pharaoh (once again, I do not have the ayats here, and if someone could look them up, I'd be appreciative).

Given 24 hours a day, and only so many free hours, we all should spend our time on that which can help the most. Almighty Allah is far more capable than us in taking care of His reputation and name, some of His names testify to his irresistable power, but also to His great patience and mercy.

We should definitely work to strengthen His community and uphold His word, but that is best done by being a positive example, and an ambassador of the deen, not by rolling in the mud with the crazies.

Make dua that Almighty Allah changes the hearts of these people and takes them on the true path. Perhaps their obsession with the Qur'aan will encourage some people to open a copy and read inside a bit, which will lead them to the path of those that Almighty Allah is pleased with.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2010 03:34 AM »

wsalam,

I agree with the posters above. The issue is not "number of complaints". (It also isn't that we aren't offended, upset and angry about these horrible, evil people, we surely are.) If we all remember Facebook had over 1,000,000 people AGAINST the 'draw Muhammad day' group and whole COUNTRIES even banned Facebook, but they did nothing. The whole heat and propaganda from that did nothing for the Muslims, except make it look like we were fundo-crazies against western freedom (as usual). Let's learn from our mistakes and focus on better strategies.

Since these people are in your community how about setting up an inter-faith program. Something along the lines of Muslim-Christian understanding on a topic like Mary or Jesus in the Quran and the Bible. Things like that go a looongggg way. Much further than us being reactionary and getting fired up about every hate-islam group on the internet and believe me there are hundreds on facebook alone, and thousands on the internet.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2010 06:53 AM »

salaam

Leaving facebook is not the solution
I agree that facebook is not doing anything
But we have to look at the big picture
If all the Muslims leave facebook who will spread Islam?
The more we alienate ourselves the worst it gets and facebook is a great way to show we are here, there are many of us, and this is what we believe
helwa
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Jul 27, 2010 07:53 PM »

salaams

you guys missed the entire point.

i did not ask, and would not encourage, arguing, debating or discussing anything with them. I simply asked you to complain to FB and youc an do that WITHOUT clicking on the link to their page. FB does not count visits to a page, they count the amount of friends/joins/likes a page gets.

You do not have to join like or friend the page to complain nor do you even have to click it. you can complain to fb and simply copy paste the link to them. but whatever.

AGAIN ... these are not just some people on fb complaining about muslims, THIS IS A REAL EVENT that is threatening the safety and security of muslims here where I LIVE. this is REAL not just some crazies on the internet debating or whatever.

They ONLY reason they are so popular, and able to spread their hate is because FB is allowing them the avenue to do it.

And Muslims are sitting around praying for guidance ... maybe we should all realize that Allah does not come blasting lightening from the sky, sometimes it is that we use our own common sense and DO SOMETHING.

LIke the hadith says, if you see ANY injustice do what you can to stop it by your hand, if you can not then speak against it, if you can not then assist those who can. (or at least do not discourage them)

muslims the world over are being abused and slaughtered while we pray for a sign.

Smiley salaam
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Jul 27, 2010 08:40 PM »

salam

F/b wont take it down, they don't, especially with Islamic related stuff. I'll report it if you want but they wont remove it.

My point in my original post was that f/b will see the volume of complaints as endorsement rather than a reason to remove the page. This has happened with other pages against islam and endorsing hatred and hurting muslims, f/b really don't move it....mind you, try posting up a nazi page and watch you get banned about three seconds later!!!

Wassalaam

helwa
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Jul 28, 2010 05:17 PM »

your point is taken ... the last link i posted in my post ... is about how the word 'palestinian' can not be used in group or page names nor the word 'arab' as of last week. but other nationalities and countries can be used.

Maybe it is time we STAND UP for ourselves. take some pride in who we are as a people instead of going into things with a defeated attitude ...

the mosque in my city was bombed 2 months ago ... it wasnt on the news AT ALL locally or nationally ... had that been a church or temple it would STILL be on the news .. and that is a direct result of THIS PAGE and this specific church calling on its members to assault muslims any chance they get.

no one was hurt during the bomb, but they could have been, children were near and could have died. while we wait and say oh well nothing can be done ... things are getting very scary.
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #12 on: Aug 02, 2010 03:48 AM »

Asalam Alaikum.

Helwa sister, what everyone is trying to say is that facebook is prejudice against our deen, against Islam. They will let the page get as much attention as possible then take it down when they see trouble coming which rarely does. There have been plenty of other groups such as this and as far as the ones I know of, they were never taken down they just died down. People lost interest in the group and found something else to busy themselves with. By going to those pages and complaining to Facebook about the page, you're only giving them attention and you're fueling the fire. You're giving attention to those attention seeking losers.

However I agree with you and I am sure everyone does as well that we can't just sit and let someone threaten our safety and get away with it. There are other ways of dealing with this, you can call bigger news stations, you can call your mayor, have a petition against the church, etc. etc. Nothing is going to happen by complaining on a website. I would actually go and video tape the sign stating the church's hatred towards Muslims and anything other evidence you can get against them. Take legal action. I am sure there are members on this forum that are more knowledgeable when it comes to the law and what you can do.

I will pray for you and the safety of all the Muslims in your city. I truly hope whoever is responsible for these things get what they deserve.

Assalamu Alaikum
Ilyas
Bro

« Reply #13 on: Aug 04, 2010 07:25 AM »

Asalam Alaikum,

thought I'd post the video relating to this sad event.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html#fbid=tWTNYIE9o-E

I truly hope that somehow this is stopped before someone out there decides to get violent.

Assalamu Alaikum
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Sep 05, 2010 11:47 AM »

salam,

on the lighter side of things watch this video it's quite funny. i think any decent, intelligent person would realize burning books of faith is ignorant and uncivilized. i honestly think the best way to counter this is to ignore it, and continue doing positive dawah.

rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #15 on: Sep 05, 2010 12:11 PM »

Just out of curiosity...

In all of Islamic history, has there ever been an instance of a mosque anywhere in the world burning Bibles?

Just wondering...

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Sep 05, 2010 12:53 PM »

ws,

I can't think of any. We do know of the Mongols (not muslim at that time of course) when they sacked Baghdad and burned and threw all the books (priceless and lost forever) in the river so it turned black with their ink. That's what this event reminds me of.

Also a reminder that generations later the Mongols themselves became Muslim. They were probably the most evil destructive force in history and it's really incredible how Islam completely transformed them. So don't lose hope bros and sisters, these things give us more opportunity for positive dawah inshaAllah....

By positive Dawah I mean not debating/countering/returning the attacks/focusing on negative things about other religions, but sticking with the positive things of Islam and teaching ppl about those.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #17 on: Sep 05, 2010 02:03 PM »

salam

OMG that clip is so funny sr Jannah!

I don't think Muslims would burn prayer books of other religions we're told to treat other religions with respect less our actions lead to people deriding Islam...

Wassalaam

Ashek
Bro

Ashek has no influence :(

« Reply #18 on: Sep 08, 2010 01:31 AM »

Ramadan is the month when the Quran was first revealed to Prophet Muhammad (S). Now in this Ramadan a saitan decided to burn the holy Quran. Feeling very impotent. Ya Allah please save the Quran. Please Allah please. None but You can help us.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Sep 08, 2010 05:24 AM »

Salam brother,

No one can destroy the Quran. It is an oral document preserved in the hearts of millions of people, not to mention thousands and thousands of Quran memorizers. Allah has said in the Quran that HE will preserve and protect the Quran. And inshaAllah He will. If someone wants to burn a copy of a Quran what does that mean to us? Nothing. It is an uncivlized act of an ignorant person. We must be patient and continue our Dawah efforts, even in the face of open hostility and hate like this.

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #20 on: Sep 08, 2010 09:17 AM »

salam

Also as per that manic muslim article, burning is a way of disposing scripts with respect form an Islamic point of view.

Can't the authorities step in tho, because it's inciting to religious hatred, and an act of hatred isn't it...? Or is this one of the american freedom type things?

Wassalaam

Ilyas
Bro

« Reply #21 on: Sep 08, 2010 03:15 PM »

salam

Also as per that manic muslim article, burning is a way of disposing scripts with respect form an Islamic point of view.

Can't the authorities step in tho, because it's inciting to religious hatred, and an act of hatred isn't it...? Or is this one of the american freedom type things?

Wassalaam

Walaikum Asalam,

According to the ones organizing this thing, they're burning the Quran because they don't agree with Islam and they want to express that. That is their only intention, so they say. The authorities can't do anything but advice the people not to do it in fear of it evoking violence because it is freedom of speech and expression.

I am not sure if you guys have heard or if I read it on here or another forum but there are pastors who are planning to actually read passages from the Quran on Sunday the 12th to promote peace between the people. I will try to find the original article and post it up inshAllah if it's not already posted here.

Assalamu Alaikum
Mohamed
Bro

Mohamed has no influence :(

« Reply #22 on: Sep 08, 2010 03:31 PM »

there are pastors who are planning to actually read passages from the Quran on Sunday the 12th to promote peace between the people. I will try to find the original article and post it up inshAllah if it's not already posted here.

I quote "Twenty five clergy and religious leaders from Protestant Catholic, Jewish, and Islamic congregations have joined together to state clearly that the act of burning the sacred scripture of Islam has no place in our faith, our religious communities, our town, or           in our nation.
     As an act of support these congregations will each sharing a common reading from Hebrew scripture, Christian scripture, and the Quran on September 11 and 12 in their places of worship."

http://www.ucgainesville.org/
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #23 on: Sep 09, 2010 05:39 AM »

For all those who are disappointed/upset by this event, I want you to really think about this. Yes it is sad and upsetting, but I actually think that the park51 mosque controversy confuses people, they think it's a sensitivity issue. But to actually go out and burn Qurans is just so completely out there, even people who don't know *anything* about any of the issues involved, think it's ridiculous to burn holy books and think they are bigots and over the top. Even other churches and others condemn this event and distance themselves from it. If this is the only way people realize bigotry of Islam has gone too far then so be it1!!!
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #24 on: Sep 09, 2010 08:04 AM »

Salaam Sis J - Yes I'm upset and disappointed, but what really scares me, is not what this pastor is doing; as has been stated above and by many in the media, he is "out there" when it comes to his place among Christians and what he does shouldn't really matter, but it is what our fellow Muslims, in areas of the world who are not educated and will go do something that will only further the hatred and tarnish the image of Islam. Killing or other forms of violence will only used to further "prove" that Islam is about violence and not the beauty that we all know and love. I was just watched a segment of TheYoungTurks and I think Cenk made a good point - going out and killing someone will only bring negativity to the situation from our side. Furthermore, he said - Allah is on your (the Muslims') side, so why do you think that what you can do, God can't do?" I agree with the sentiment of this idea - there are many ayat in the Qur'an that show that those who act against Allah (swt), they will be "taken care of" by the Almighty. Also, Cenk mentioned, that if we have Faith, we know that we are in the right, we should do things that show the good in Islam, as you have suggested Sis J - daw'ah, sharing the Qur'an with others, explaining, answering questions and things of that sort. Yet, I know this is not what is going to happen in Afghanistan and other places where there is no good leadership or guide to show what can be done in a peaceful manner, to drive people towards Islam, rather than away. Yes, our duty is to defend the Qur'an, Islam and the Prophet, so we must do this in the proper way that will BENEFIT Islam - we must show Patience in such times - as Allah has stated many times, that he Rewards those who patiently persevere. May Allah (swt) make us among those who are steadfast in Faith and show Patience in difficult times. Ameen!

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: