Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramadan Goals!!!!!!  (Read 1931 times)
tahirah
Sis

Reps: 199

« on: Jul 26, 2010 03:34 AM »

salaam

I thought we could encourage each other by sharing some of our Goals for Ramadan this year. I'll start:

- Insha Allah, I'm planning to focus on a few simple, consistant personal accomplishments this year (instead of trying to do 100 different things)

What about the rest of you Madinans?

t

JustOne
Sis

Reps: 172

« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2010 06:30 AM »

But what are you focusing on?  Smiley
I have to give this some thought (I have a few in mind, but I have to prioritize them), but I'll be back!

blackrose
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2010 06:41 AM »

salaam

memorizing, reading more Qur'an, more dua... helping people more, being there for people more.  ..

se7en
Sis

Reps: 117

« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2010 06:44 AM »

salaam,

yeah t., are you being intentionally vague, or are you just vaguely intentioned? Cheesy

tahirah
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2010 11:13 PM »

are you being intentionally vague, or are you just vaguely intentioned?

Lol, perhaps I am being intentionally vague because I am vaguely intentioned, 7. Cool  So in the interest of better clarity, how about this:

Last year was maybe the first year I decided to move away from the do-everything-imaginally-possible style of Ramadan, where I would do tarawih, qiyam, halaqahs, reading quran, ittikaaf, masjid activities, community activities, MSA activities, other stuff and then fit school in there somewhere. It was rewarding, but I also taxed myself more than I should have.

When I moved back home after college my environment changed  as well as my outlook, and instead of going off on my own to do 100 things I decided to focus on one over-arching goal, last year - focus on my family (parents and siblings) and have a good Ramadan experience with them. So I still did some tarawih but not everyday in the masjid. I went out of town with my brother to a Ramadan workshop, and that was a great spiritually bonding experience for us. My mom, my brother and I spent the 27th night at the masjid. My dad and I worked together to coordinate a workshop at the masjid. That was the first workshop we coordinated in our masjid in a really long time, and since then we have had a few more. I considered that a successful Ramadan in that sense even though I didn't rack up a list of accomplishments on a long To Do list. I also got to appreciate what its like to have a nice Ramadan outside of the on-your-own-in-college experience. It's different, but it has its rewards.

Insha Allah, I'm going to try that again this year, except maybe have two big goals. I think maintaining some of the that family oriented experience as well as working on my relationship with Allah, in whatever form that will be (some time in seclusion each day, praying qiyam, halaqa). I still have to work out the details of of a reasonable schedule, so I don't over tax myself like I love to do.

Did that answer your question Just1 ?

t

JustOne
Sis

Reps: 172

« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2010 08:24 AM »

That sounds amazing actually, mashaAllah...

I think my goals are different this year too... I will not be praying taraweeh at a masjid, and I may not be fasting throughout either...

My concentration will be on prayer and Qur'an inshaAllah...

tahirah
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2010 09:44 PM »

Cool JustOne. I'd like to read your perception of the difference between this Ramadan and the ones before in your Ramadan Diary. I definitely miss Ramadans in College, but sometimes when we embrace the changes in our lives we find hidden blessings. May Allah accept our efforts and our Ibaadah, and guide us along the straight path.

t

Aryam
Sis

Reps: 1

« Reply #7 on: Aug 09, 2010 06:57 PM »

Salam
that sound good.. Actually I'm looking forward to make a special plan for this Ramadan; for exemple I will read Qur'an most of my time; and I won't focusing on cooking. also I won't watch Television whatever the reason except programms about my religion that's my plan Undecided

Many hands make light work

tahirah
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Aug 09, 2010 10:25 PM »

May Allah grant you success in your efforts Aryam, and accept your Ramadan.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: