// Advice needed for mother-in-law?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Do not speak much without mentioning Allah because you will harden your hearts. A hard heart is far from Allah, but you do not know. Do not look at the wrong actions of people as if you were lords. Look to your wrong actions as if you were slaves. Some people are afflicted by wrong action and some people are protected from it. Be merciful to the people of affliction and praise Allah for His protection." - Jesus (Peace be upon him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice needed for mother-in-law?  (Read 690 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Jul 24, 2010 07:21 AM »

salam....please advice me on an issue...my mother in law is living with me now and she finds my friends circle very rude.once when we at a friends place she felt left out and humiliated...she doesnt want to visit my friends .one particular one she dislikes her children because they are hyperactive and my son does not get along with them.what should i do. My husband insists on his mother to come because she doesnt know anyone in this area and we dont like to leave her at home and go out by ourselves.we were a group that hanged out for  every weekend..should my friends come to my house and say sorry ..also my motherinlaw doesnt know if i told my friends how she feels...the situation is very awkward..please advice

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2010 10:21 AM »

salam

Your mother in law needs friends of her own age, she's going to be uncomfortable amongst your friends as they're from a different generation, possibly backgrounds and what she would consider rude they consider as normal as you are all so close, you don't necessarily stick to social niceties (I know my friends and I don't).

Can you invite a few of your friends around to yours at a time with their mothers in law/mothers etc and encourage them to interact?

Btw, don't tell your friends your mother in law has taken acception to them and their offspring it will cause unneccessary bad feeling, and then tell your mother in law you haven't said anything either just to clear the air....unless you have in which case I have no idea on that one.

Try and maintain a respect for your mother in law, ensure she has her own space, it's hard having a third person living with you I know we had our grandmother living with us from when I was 11 years old.

Lots of duas for you all inshallah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2010 08:20 PM »

salam

why don't you ask some of your friends to bring to their moms or their moms in law when you have your gatherings? this way your mother in law will have someone to talk to.

if you notice that your mother in law is being ignored or talked over during these gatherings, remind your friends gently to be kind to her and include her in conversation. 

if you treat your mother in law with respect and deference in these gatherings, others will follow, hopefully.

take care

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: