Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times... it was shaadi season time.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Extremely Annoying Things  (Read 1099 times)
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« on: Jul 22, 2010 08:28 AM »

as salaamu alaykum,

Just need a little space to vent, hope you all don't mind... and you are welcome to join in Tongue

Here goes... Annoying Things, aka Things that Make Me Want to  karate Someone:

- People you haven't heard from in a while who get in touch with you out of the blue and ask for updates about your life... but then don't write back with reciprocal information when you ask them the same

-- People who write facebook status messages that are intentionally obscure hoping to elicit comments/attention.  Ex. "I can't believe it."  Can't believe what??? Just say it foo or don't say anything at all.

-- People who think sensitivity is a sign of weakness or lack of intelligence.  Especially in children.

-- People who never write back to emails.  Just write and say you can't do it, don't want to, are not interested, need more time, etc.  Give the other person closure!

-- Popular authors who get to the NY Times Bestsellers list multiple times, who just get lazy (or run out of ideas?) and end up with predictable, formulaic writing that wastes your time/money

-- Unwarranted advice on parenting

woo I think that does it for now.  thanks for the virtual therapy session Wink

salaam

rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2010 03:25 PM »

Thank you sister Seven, I was thinking of starting a "pet peeve" thread.

Here's mine:

This has happened several times:  There's a pot luck in the masjid, and I'm talking with a woman who is complaining about how her child won't eat or drink anything but soda.  I tell her, well, why don't you just stop buying it, don't have it in your home (that's what I did when my kids were little, I mean, soda is SOOOO bad for your health).  The other sister just sighs and says she HAS TO buy it because her husband likes to drink it.  !!!  So that's my pet peeve:  fathers who put their own selfish desires ahead of the child's health!

And then there is the stupid mothers who think it's funny to let their little baby (I mean, just a month or two old) sip coke,  "Oh, look, look, he likes it, ha ha..."

I've got more, but I'll let it go for now...

UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2010 09:24 PM »

People who add coke to their child's milk bottle so that they will drink it and then wonder why they have cavities when they are 3 years old

People who feed their kids nothing but chicken mcnuggets for 5 years and wonder why their children are malnourished ...

and se7en... I am guilty of one of the things you mentioned - so I will make sure I will try and resolve it Smiley

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2010 11:19 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Gosh I fear to tread within this vent filled thread!!  Lips Sealed

But a couple of observations:

People who think sensitivity is a sign of weakness or lack of intelligence.  Especially in children

So very true but alas they cannot see what you see!!

fathers who put their own selfish desires ahead of the child's health!

It really is scary how much our children will blame us on the Day of Judgement, the Day on which no family ties will be of significance and everyone will be out for his and her ownself.

Refining one own's character should surely be the precedent in nurturing your children and their welfare.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2010 11:19 PM »

GREAT THREAD Tongue

My friend sent me some things in an email.. I'll share here Smiley Little annoyances.

I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart". 

How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

People on the bus who have annoying cell phone rings and the darn thing goes off 6 times in 10 minutes

I also hate the cars in my neighborhood with music so loud my windows vibrate, I don't wanna hear the.. "Yo shorty" Or "Let me bust a cap in ya ni**a* songs

The victoria secrets commercials inbetween a DISNEY movie.. WTH!

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2010 11:56 AM »

People who have a syndrome of thinking that everything anyone else has been through somehow pales in comparison to what they are going through. Even if you reply with, "well put yourself in her shoes, she has cancer..." they will reply with, "yeah but at least she has a good support system"  Huh?

Okay then, chapter closed.

duaa
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
duaa has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jul 24, 2010 12:43 PM »

Assalamu alikom,

Wow .. i like this thread .. especially these:

- People you haven't heard from in a while who get in touch with you out of the blue and ask for updates about your life... but then don't write back with reciprocal information when you ask them the same

Some may blame you for not keeping in touch, & they're already the ones showing no interest in your friendship  Undecided

-- People who write facebook status messages that are intentionally obscure hoping to elicit comments/attention.  Ex. "I can't believe it."  Can't believe what??? Just say it foo or don't say anything at all.

I'll add this:

-- People writing in franko-Arabe; writing 3 for the Arabic letter 'Ain' .. etc.
Why don't they write in pure Arabic/English ??
(Of course, I'm not referring to any member here, including me  Wink )

blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2010 07:21 AM »

salaam

I guess this just shows how we are all different people and think different things and its good to keep and open mind and remember that
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: