Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Double, double toil and tazkiyah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Unusual Places You've Prayed In- Part 2  (Read 1221 times)
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« on: Aug 05, 2010 12:29 AM »

As salaamu alaykum
This is the second part of 'Unusual places You've Prayed In" because i couldn't find the old post!

Today I prayed in a Butterfly Conservatory!

Subhannah Allah- it was so beautiful. There were over three hundred butterfly species and many types of birds- mostly finches. The colors were so beautiful and I began to contemplate Allah's creations and wondered about one of the levels of paradise said to have butterflies.

I just had to pray- right then and there. I asked my non Muslim niece to 'stand watch' and made my salat.
It was one of those moments in life I hope will be a memory in my old age. Being in a tropical garden, with lush vegetation, colorful birds and butterflies fluttering all about. Our Lord is truly Al-Khalaq!

When I got home I found out that my husband found a job...

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2010 03:00 AM »

Salaam dear Sr. Kathy! Long time no hear, hehe.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Anyways, what a beautiful surrounding to do the most beautifuil of acts! Thanks so much for sharing this . . .

. . and ma'sha'allah and Allahu Akbar for the good news!!!
 desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2010 06:21 PM »

WOW.. Beautiful! I love butterflies, what an amazing experience!

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2010 11:29 PM »

salam

masha'Allah, that's awesome!! did  passersby ask you afterwards what you were doing or why??

congrats on the new job for your husband!!

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2010 11:47 AM »

Salam alaikum

Sr Kathy, thats amazing...and such great news. mashaAllah, tabarakAllah.

You know, reading this reminded me (yet again) of the fact that we should always turn to Allah swt, in times of need and in times of plenty (or in this case, time of awe, not necessarily related to the fact that you were going through a rough time)...

and look at how our Rabb can open doors to those who are thankful? subhanAllah.

I am very happy for you, and hope that Allah will bless your husband in this new job with Halaal rizq that suffices for all your needs.

Salam
Shahida
Abdullah (*
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Abdullah (* has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2010 03:34 PM »

As salaamu alaikum. I used to work at an Applebee's in my city. I worked ten hour shifts from 4pm to 2am so i had to pray 3 of my 5 there. I used to go outside into a chemical storage shed, lock myself in and pray. Once i prayed behind there and was standing in ants. Didn't even notice it while i was praying lol.

Then Which Of The Favors Of Your Lord Will You Deny?
skhansj
Bro

Reputation Power: 1
skhansj has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2010 08:22 PM »

Posted by: Abdullah (*
Once i prayed behind there and was standing in ants. Didn't even notice it while i was praying lol.

Almighty Allah makes it easy for you if you can practice khushoo and are in a state of ihsaan.

I know of someone who was standing in water doing some zikr for half an hour or so at one of the local lakes. After that we decided to make some tea, and when we scooped up the water, we found leeches (blood-suckers!) all over the place... and wow do they move fast. It's amazing that they decided to not attack this person as he was standing in the exact same spot for 30 minutes.

Almighty Allah protected him from the leeches, but looking back, even if they had latched on, it would have been a mercy. After all, they would have drained some of his sins with the blood :-)

You occasionally read stories of how sahabah used to not be attacked by lions etc, and how dedicated scholars like Said Nursi were poisoned 19 times (or so; the number may not be exact) and almighty Allah protected them.

May Almighty Allah not let us be distracted from His worship by either the unpleasant or the appealing creations of His in this world (amen).
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2011 03:28 PM »

This funny article reminded me of this thread Wink http://www.salon.com/life/life_stories/index.html?story=%2Fmwt%2Ffeature%2F2011%2F02%2F23%2Fawkward_moments_muslim_prayer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: