// Interesting clash of religion and health...
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Morality: The Prophet said: 'The most perfect of the believers in faith are the best of them in moral excellence, and the best of you are the kindest to their wives. (Sunan At-TirmidhĂ®)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting clash of religion and health...  (Read 1069 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Aug 06, 2010 03:22 PM »

What would you do?

Health case study: Women, especially in the UK, are stuck in small houses indoors all day. They do not have sufficient Vitamin D (from Sunlight) ...the problem is so serious that they are warning that these women may break their spine due to the lack of vitamins... especially during pregnancy...so doctors are asking muslim women to go outdoors and remove their hijabs in order to get enough VitD ... however, there is no private park or private areas in the urban areas where one can take off the hijab and not be seen in public... the question is... what do you do in this scenario

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2010 04:47 PM »

salam

Dr told me it was fine I get all the vitamin D necessary from my diet & sunlight, one doesn't need to lay out in the sun & get a tan apparently.

All these scare stories about ricketts & I've never met a single Muslim person who has it!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
skhansj
Bro

Reputation Power: 1
skhansj has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2010 05:01 PM »

There is no reasons to not spend at least an hour every day in the sun, whether it is commuting to/from work, time with the kids in the park, gardening or just chilling via a walk. Try it; go for a walk and do some dhikr.

Being a houseplant is just too depressing a thought to bear... and it's completely within your control, unless you're in prison I guess.

.. and you don't have to remove the hijabs to get the Vit D. You get enough sunlight on your face, hands (and arms for those who expose them).

Even 15 minutes is usually sufficient, and I'm advocating an hour here!
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2010 05:44 AM »

asak
This year I found out I had dangerously low amount of Vitamin D. Which surprised me because i drink milk every day... and love ice cream....
Doc put me on mega doses of vitamin D for a month and eventually I as 'normal'

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2010 06:58 AM »

ws,

so true about getting enough from hands etc and the diet/pills if u have severe lack of sunlight problem.

there is no need to take off hijab, that's just ridiculous. btw being uncovered in the sun for periods of time is NOT a good idea for anyone.

don't ppl have backyards or porches? or even windows that have sunlight coming in???
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2010 08:35 AM »

salam

Sr Kathy, did the dr tell you why he thought you might have developed this deficiency suddenly?

I tend to regularyly take vitamin supplements and one cannot avoid the sun anyway, I'm out in it for at least two hours a day whilst travelling to & from work, & as sr. Jannah say we have large windows & a garden etc.

Being out in the sun without sun protection for ages on end is also dangerous.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: