Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Workers can break their fast if necessary, say Islamic authorities  (Read 718 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2775

I heart the Madina

« on: Aug 09, 2010 04:41 AM »

Not sure why they needed a fatwa for this  Huh? but always good to ask I guess... also maybe they should make a fatwa to treat workers humanely  Roll Eyes

======
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/employment/workers-can-break-their-fast-if-necessary-say-islamic-authorities-1.665531

Workers can break their fast if necessary, say Islamic authorities

The workers can compensate for missed days later, the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment (Awqaf) explained.

* "People who find it impossible to continue fasting while working in the heat may end their fasts and make up for these missed days after Ramadan, because Almighty Allah burdens not a person beyond his capacity," said the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment (Awqaf).

Abu Dhabi: Workers who find fasting beyond their physical capacity in the summer heat may end their fast during the day, the Islamic authorities have said.

The workers can compensate for missed days later, the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment (Awqaf) explained.

"People who find it impossible to continue fasting while working in the heat may end their fasts and make up for these missed days after Ramadan, because Almighty Allah burdens not a person beyond his capacity," said the Awqaf ruling.

The ruling also added that this does not mean workers must not start fasting at dawn. Instead, they must begin the fast at the break of dawn, as usual, but are allowed to end it if they find it very difficult to continue till dusk.

The Awqaf was responding to a question from an oil-rig worker who was worried about possible dehydration and fainting spells caused by fasting in the heat. The worker said this was especially risky while working on an oil rig.

As one of the five pillars of Islam, fasting in the month of Ramadan is mandatory for all able-bodied, healthy adults, who must abstain from eating and drinking. Depending on the sighting of the moon, which signals the start of the Islamic month, Ramadan is expected to begin on August 11 or 12 this year.

Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reps: 214

« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2010 05:57 AM »

i and my colleague just talked abt this few minutes ago. He found it extremely ridiculous.

Wish there were some directives to the corporate owners as well to change work timings or make some compromises to treat workers more humanely...

Ilyas
Bro

Reps: 24

« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2010 09:16 AM »

Not sure why they needed a fatwa for this  Huh? but always good to ask I guess... also maybe they should make a fatwa to treat workers humanely  Roll Eyes

Agreed!!

Assalamu Alaikum

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: