Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramadan Kareem...  (Read 1472 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1244

« on: Aug 10, 2010 08:11 PM »

salam

Well it's Ramadan in England, we begin fasting as of tomorrow inshallah!!!!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

tq
Sis

Reps: 189

« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2010 08:22 PM »

Assalamo elikuim

For us in Atlanta, they are starting from tomorrow also.
May Allah swt accept our ibadan , Ameen.
Ramadan Kareem !!!!

Wasalam
tq

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2010 10:17 PM »

Ramadan Kareem to All Muslims Around the World!

Ramadan Dua:Day 1 to Day 30 Ramadan Dua: DAY 1 ALLAH, on this day make my fasts the fasts of those who fast (sincerely), and my standing up in prayer of those who stand up in prayer (obediently), awaken me in it from the sleep of the heedless, and forgive me my sins , O God of the worlds, and forgive me, O one who forgives...

Got a call from Sis in Nairobi. They are fasting tomorrow, too.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

Baji
Sis

Reps: 331

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2010 11:15 PM »

Salaams,

I'm also in the uk but for some reason my local mosque (Watford) isn't starting till Thursday.... Given that the other 3 mosques (including Regents Park) i called are starting Ramadan tomorrow and the Islam Channel broadcast live tarawih from Makkah i am afraid i will not be following our local mosque. Sad

Allah knows best may he guide us all and unite us all in this blessed month, may he accept our fasting and may he answer our prayers inshaAllah.

Baji

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reps: 519

« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2010 12:54 AM »

I was just told by my khala here, who lived much of her life in the UK, that even some parts of London are starting on Wednesday, while others on Thursday, as you said (Sr.) Baji. It's sad and confusing to say the least . . .   Sad Huh?

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]

skhansj
Bro

Reps: 14

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2010 06:12 AM »

I am proud of the unity displayed by the Hilal committee of Ottawa. There were all sort of opinions, but they discussed it in a civilized way when I was listening in on the conference call.

I could see that there were two major camps, but they worked out their differences and came to an unanimous decision.

We are fasting from Thursday insha'Allah.

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reps: 519

« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2010 06:15 AM »

I just got an e-mail from our Islamic Institution and announcements from our masajid and we are also starting on Thursday. I have to admit I'm disappointed, as a sister that we know told us it would be tomorrow. . . . .this still frustrates me . . makes me feel sad too. Knowing that others in the US, not to mention the world, have already begun.

BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2775

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2010 06:46 AM »

I think I'm confused cuz I just prayed Taraweeh but the Mosque I usually go to/Shaikh I follow is starting on Thursday!!  bropraying

I think I'll go with Thursday and hope my 'taraweeh' is counted as extra credit!!

Ramadan Mubarak everyone!! Smiley

P.S. - Don't forget to change your profile pic to something Ramadany in 'Forum Profile Info'. There's a whole Ramadan category!

JustOne
Sis

Reps: 172

« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2010 10:15 AM »

Ramadan Mubarak!!!

blackrose
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11, 2010 11:33 AM »

salaam

I think the problem might be is that ISNA announces the day beforehand so those who follow ISNA will be doing it tommorrow but the others I think are saying that they did not see the moon therefore they are starting fast from thursday.
We have started fast

Ramadan Mubarak to all!  May Allah swt accept our fasts and prayers and may he help all those in need. Ameen.

Siham
Sis

Reps: 229

Ahla Haya

« Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2010 05:43 PM »

Ramadan Kareem everyone,
May Allah (SubHana Wa Ta`ala) accept our worship and grant us forgiveness in this blessed month.
Ameen. Smiley

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: