Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Many times I heard Imam Ahmad saying (when asked to give his opinion) on controversial scholarly issues ‘I do not know.’” - Abu Dawud (ra)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama backs Muslims' right to build mosque near ground zero  (Read 6358 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Aug 11, 2010 09:44 AM »

salaam

After long time I go to check the news out and see that there is a lot of controversy going on about Ground Zero Mosque.

I don't understand why they need to build one there anyway, obviously there would be controversy. I just think this was totally unnecessary
Abdullah (*
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Abdullah (* has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2010 02:05 PM »

Yeah. I'm all for building more mosques but at Ground Zero? That's just asking for trouble and adding insult to injury. It was totally unnecessary. It's not like there are very few mosques in New York. It's so many muslims there, it's not even funny. Of course with more muslims you need more mosques but it's not a dire need for one, ESPECIALLY at Ground Zero. Doesn't seem like a very Godly thing to try and provoke people like that. I think some muslims had genuinely good intentions. But most had to been trying to start something.

Then Which Of The Favors Of Your Lord Will You Deny?
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2010 06:13 PM »

this is obviously strange that such a place was chosen for a mosque. I we put ourself in their shoe can we tolerate the construction of a place of worship of those people who killed 3000 of our people in that same spot........
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2010 06:35 PM »

Salam,

Wow you guys must be watching FoxNews !!!  Those are things that totally come out of their mouths. First of all, there is no controversy except from Islam haters who want to make a big deal out of it. (Watch when Eid falls on September 11th how they will villify all of us then as well.)

Everyone in the US has the right to build their houses of worship wherever they want. That said: The mosque is NOT being built at Ground Zero!!! D'oh there is a whole memorial or whatever there, and they are rebuilding there. The Mosque is blocks away, has been planned for YEARS in the place of another Mosque that HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE. They did not "choose" Ground Zero, it is blocks away and again there has always been a Mosque there in lower Manhattan.

Headlines like "Mosque being built at Ground Zero" are just sensationalist garbage written by those people to CAUSE controversy and hate. They have used this sensationalism to spread hate to other communities where Mosques are being built, as well as to spark a lot of hate crimes against Mosques across the country. They are also launching a whole hate campaign against Muslims on the buses of New York City. How sad. This country was supposedly founded on freedom of religion, but apparently that goes for everyone except Muslims.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2010 06:40 PM »

BTW if you guys have visited NYC you know how extremely dense it is. There are a millions businesses, churches, synagogues all in the same region as Ground Zero. The original Mosque in that area is there for all the Muslims who work down in that area and also Muslim students at NYU etc.
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2010 07:50 PM »

Interesting replies. It's not simply a mosque guys. It's really an Islamic Center kinda like a YMCA..Where you have services for the community such as a gym, pool, classes etc. In the plans are also included a Mosque to serve the area downtown which New York University primarily serves currently. Like Jannah said, it's not on or in Ground Zero. It's a few blocks away. I think those that came up with this idea were merely looking for a good space and didnt consider the backlash this would bring them. IT's a great idea and worth supporting. Check out the web site.. http://www.park51.org/landmark.htm

Peace and love.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2010 08:20 AM »

Wsalam,

Yes an interesting exercise that everyone should do: Go to google maps http://maps.google.com/ and type in 51 Park Place, New York, NY. This is where the new Mosque will be (a replacement for the old one nearby) inshaAllah. Now look at all the businesses and things around it: Amish Market, St. Paul's Chapel, John Street United Methodist Church, Battery Park Synogogue, St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church, Trinity Church, a Marriot, a Hilton, hundreds of businesses. Now what's the big deal about Muslims building a Mosque there??! Why villify a Mosque, Muslims/ Islam? Whatever happened to religious freedom, the thing this country is BUILT on?? Hmm.
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2010 03:47 AM »

Salaam all,

In relation to the discussion on the near Ground Zero Mosque, I thought some of you might feel a little differently when you read this...

t
-------------------------

Obama backs mosque near ground zero
By ERICA WERNER, Associated Press Writer Erica Werner, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama on Friday forcefully endorsed allowing a mosque near ground zero, saying the country's founding principles demanded no less.

"As a citizen, and as president, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country," Obama said, weighing in for the first time on a controversy that has riven New York City and the nation.

"That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances," he said. "This is America, and our commitment to religious freedom must be unshakable."

Obama made the comments at an annual dinner in the White House State Dining Room celebrating the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

The White House had not previously taken a stand on the mosque, which would be part of a $100 million Islamic center two blocks from where nearly 3,000 people perished when hijacked jetliners slammed into the World Trade Center towers on Sept. 11, 2001. Press secretary Robert Gibbs had insisted it was a local matter.

It was already much more than that, sparking debate around the country as top Republicans including Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich announced their opposition. So did the Anti-Defamation League, a Jewish civil rights group.

Obama elevated it to a presidential issue Friday without equivocation.

While insisting that the place where the twin towers once stood was indeed "hallowed ground," Obama said that the proper way to honor it was to apply American values.

"Our capacity to show not merely tolerance, but respect towards those who are different from us — and that way of life, that quintessentially American creed, stands in stark contrast to the nihilism of those who attacked us on that September morning, and who continue to plot against us today," he said.

Obama harkened back to earlier times when the building of synagogues or Catholic churches also met with opposition. "But time and again, the American people have demonstrated that we can work through these issues, and stay true to our core values and emerge stronger for it," he said. "So it must be and will be today."

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, an independent who has been a strong supporter of the mosque, welcomed Obama's words as a "clarion defense of the freedom of religion."

But some Republicans were quick to pounce.

"President Obama is wrong," said Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y. "It is insensitive and uncaring for the Muslim community to build a mosque in the shadow of ground zero. While the Muslim community has the right to build the mosque they are abusing that right by needlessly offending so many people who have suffered so much."

Entering the highly charged election-year debate, Obama surely knew that his words would not only make headlines but be heard by Muslims worldwide. The president has made it a point to reach out to the global Muslim community, and the over 100 guests at Friday's dinner included ambassadors and officials from numerous Muslim nations, including Saudi Arabia and Indonesia. Seated around candlelit tables, they listened closely as Obama spoke, then stood and applauded when the president finished his remarks.

While his pronouncement concerning the mosque might find favor in the Muslim world, Obama's stance runs counter to the opinions of the majority of Americans, according to polls. A CNN/Opinion Research poll released this week found that nearly 70 percent of Americans opposed the mosque plan while just 29 percent approved. A number of Democratic politicians have shied away from the controversy.

The group behind the $100 million project, the Cordoba Initiative, describes it as a Muslim-themed community center. Early plans call not only for prayer space but for a swimming pool, culinary school, art studios and other features. Developers envision it as a hub for interfaith interaction, as well as a place for Muslims to bridge some of their faith's own schisms.

Opponents, including some Sept. 11 victims' relatives, see the prospect of a mosque so near the destroyed trade center as an insult to the memory of those killed by Islamic terrorists in the 2001 attacks. Some of the Sept. 11 victims' relatives, however, are in favor.

The mosque has won approval from local planning boards but faces legal challenges, and New York's Conservative Party is planning a television ad campaign to pressure a New York City utility to use its power to block the project.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_ground_zero_mosque_obama

skhansj
Bro

Reputation Power: 1
skhansj has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2010 04:45 AM »

Thank you for sharing this Sister Tahirah, one line stood out for me.

70 percent of Americans opposed the mosque plan while just 29 percent approved

I can bet that the 29 % who approve know Muslims and have interacted with them. The 70 percent who do not approve probably only know us through Fox news. We need to reach out to them.

Interesting enough, this mosque is an excellent vehicle for that, as it makes people think and will insha'Allah encourage them to find Muslims to discuss this with.
Sarah Amena
Sis

Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Aug 14, 2010 06:25 AM »

So glad that I voted for him, I couldn't imagine McCain EVER supporting this project!
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2010 07:17 AM »

Did you guys hear that even their own evangelical leaders are condemning this event?

Also read somewhere that these people call themselves zionist christians..anyone know anything about this?

Sorry I am a little annoyed by their ignorance but at the same time I find it funny, not only their ignorance but the reason they are doing this. This church will one day be destroyed from within itself just like most other cults have been.

Assalamu Alaikum
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Aug 14, 2010 08:48 AM »

salaam
You can hear his exact words in this video:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2010/08/13/sot.obama.entire.cnn.html
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #12 on: Aug 14, 2010 01:14 PM »

salaam,

I didn't know much about the ground zero masjid and went on youtube to find out.  Bad idea!  Fox news was particularly annoying and biased.  I'm flabbergasted they can even broadcast as a news channel.  That aside, I'm glad that Obama is coming out in favour of the mosque and speaking up for the constitutional rights of muslims. 

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #13 on: Aug 14, 2010 06:42 PM »

Lexington

Build that mosque

The campaign against the proposed Cordoba centre in New York is unjust and dangerous

Aug 5th 2010

WHAT makes a Muslim in Britain or America wake up and decide that he is no longer a Briton or American but an Islamic “soldier” fighting a holy war against the infidel? Part of it must be pull: the lure of jihadism. Part is presumably push: a feeling that he no longer belongs to the place where he lives. Either way, the results can be lethal. A chilling feature of the suicide video left by Mohammad Sidique Khan, the leader of the band that killed more than 50 people in London in July, 2005, was the homely Yorkshire accent in which he told his countrymen that “your” government is at war with “my people”.

For a while America seemed less vulnerable than Europe to home-grown jihadism. The Pew Research Centre reported three years ago that most Muslim Americans were “largely assimilated, happy with their lives… and decidedly American in their outlook, values and attitudes.” Since then it has become clear that American Muslims can be converted to terrorism too. Nidal Malik Hassan, born in America and an army major, killed 13 of his comrades in a shooting spree at Fort Hood. Faisal Shahzad, a legal immigrant, tried to set off a car bomb in Times Square. But something about America—the fact that it is a nation of immigrants, perhaps, or its greater religiosity, or the separation of church and state, or the opportunities to rise—still seems to make it an easier place than Europe for Muslims to feel accepted and at home.

It was in part to preserve this feeling that George Bush repeated like a scratched gramophone record that Americans were at war with the terrorists who had attacked them on 9/11, not at war with Islam. Barack Obama has followed suit: the White House national security strategy published in May says that one way to guard against radicalisation at home is to stress that “diversity is part of our strength—not a source of division or insecurity.” This is hardly rocket science. America is plainly safer if its Muslims feel part of “us” and not, like Mohammad Sidique Khan, part of “them”. And that means reminding Americans of the difference—a real one, by the way, not one fabricated for the purposes of political correctness—between Islam, a religion with a billion adherents, and al-Qaeda, a terrorist outfit that claims to speak in Islam’s name but has absolutely no right or mandate to do so.

Why would any responsible American politician want to erase that vital distinction? Good question. Ask Sarah Palin, or Newt Gingrich, or the many others who have lately clambered aboard the offensive campaign to stop Cordoba House, a proposed community centre and mosque, from being built in New York two blocks from the site of the twin towers. Every single argument put forward for blocking this project leans in some way on the misconceived notion that all Muslims, and Islam itself, share the responsibility for, or are tainted by, the atrocities of 9/11.

In a tweet last month from Alaska, Ms Palin called on “peaceful Muslims” to “refudiate” the “ground-zero mosque” because it would “stab” American hearts. But why should it? Cordoba House is not being built by al-Qaeda. To the contrary, it is the brainchild of Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, a well-meaning American cleric who has spent years trying to promote interfaith understanding, not an apostle of religious war like Osama bin Laden. He is modelling his project on New York’s 92nd Street Y, a Jewish community centre that reaches out to other religions. The site was selected in part precisely so that it might heal some of the wounds opened by the felling of the twin towers and all that followed. True, some relatives of 9/11 victims are hurt by the idea of a mosque going up near the site. But that feeling of hurt makes sense only if they too buy the false idea that Muslims in general were perpetrators of the crime. Besides, what about the feelings, and for that matter the rights, of America’s Muslims—some of whom also perished in the atrocity?

Ms Palin’s argument does at least have one mitigating virtue: it concentrates on the impact the centre might have, without impugning the motives of those who want to build it. The same half-defence can be made of the Anti-Defamation League, a venerable Jewish organisation created to fight anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry. To the dismay of many liberal Jews, the ADL has also urged the centre’s backers to seek another site in order to spare the feelings of families of the 9/11 victims. But at least it concedes that they have every right to build at this site—and that they might (only might, since the ADL hints at vague concerns about their ideology and finances) genuinely have chosen it in order to send a positive message about Islam.

The Saudi non-sequitur

No such plea of mitigation can be entered on behalf of Mr Gingrich. The former Republican speaker of the House of Representatives may or may not have presidential pretensions, but he certainly has intellectual ones. That makes it impossible to excuse the mean spirit and scrambled logic of his assertion that “there should be no mosque near ground zero so long as there are no churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia”. Come again? Why hold the rights of Americans who happen to be Muslim hostage to the policy of a foreign country that happens also to be Muslim? To Mr Gingrich, it seems, an American Muslim is a Muslim first and an American second. Al-Qaeda would doubtless concur.

Mr Gingrich also objects to the centre’s name. Imam Feisal says he chose “Cordoba” in recollection of a time when the rest of Europe had sunk into the Dark Ages but Muslims, Jews and Christians created an oasis of art, culture and science. Mr Gingrich sees only a “deliberate insult”, a reminder of a period when Muslim conquerors ruled Spain. Like Mr bin Laden, Mr Gingrich is apparently still relitigating the victories and defeats of religious wars fought in Europe and the Middle East centuries ago. He should rejoin the modern world, before he does real harm.

Economist.com/blogs/lexington

United States

http://www.economist.com/node/16743239?fsrc=scn/fb/wl/bl/buildthatmosque

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #14 on: Aug 14, 2010 11:53 PM »

I think he later said that he supports the right to build the mosque, but will not comment on the wisdom behind building it...

And frankly... why the heck are Muslims insisting on building a mosque there? And okay so if they are, why is it such a big problem for everyone else?

Really, the entire episode is so foolish.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Aug 14, 2010 11:55 PM »

Ahh just read this... scrap the comment on the other article - I need to do more research before I form an opinion.
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #16 on: Aug 15, 2010 12:08 AM »

Ahh just read this... scrap the comment on the other article - I need to do more research before I form an opinion.
-1 rep Cheesy

Jk, I am just posting random stuff to get to that 50 post mark lol

Assalamu Alaikum
tahirah
Sis

« Reply #17 on: Aug 15, 2010 03:01 AM »

Salaam,

I probably should have posted the Obama Article in this thread instead of assuming people would read this one first  Smiley

t
tahirah
Sis

« Reply #18 on: Aug 15, 2010 04:28 AM »

Salaam,

When I first read the headline about an uproar regarding plans to build a mosque at ground zero, I thought "why are they doing that so close by? Surely they expected a backlash." Then in the actual news report on CNN they mentioned it was near ground zero not on ground zero, that there was already a moque that had been there for a long time, and they were planning to expand it into a community and cultural center. That shed a new light on things.

I also saw snippets of a town hall meeting held to discuss the issue. There were people who felt that this was a "slap in the face" to all those that died in the towers. The mosque should be built "somewhere else." THEN there was a comment that really resonated with me. It was from a young muslimah who said "My parents died that day!"...but that emotional exclamatoin was not enough for people to understand that the attack was a collective tragedy. It happened to Americans - Christians, Jews and Muslims. The opponents to the expansion were unmoved, and perhaps even more hostile. It was as though some believed that the lives of Muslim Americans were not worth as much as the lives of "real" Americans.

Later on I began to read reports about people protesting the building/expansion of mosques all around the country. This is not an issue of sensitivity about the location; it is fear of the religion itself.

The US Constitution protects religious freedom for a reason. When there is a period of intense fear and mistrust (whether of a race, nationality, or religion) people begin to discriminate, and even persecute, minorities irrationally. You can look at examples like the Salem Witch Trials, Jim Crow laws, Japanese internment camps, etc. The guarantee of religious freedom and other civil liberties in this country is intended to protect minorities from majority discrimination, so that we don't have to look back 50 years or 100 years later, when the fear starts to die down, and apologize as a nation for years of discrimination against -- [insert your oppressed minority of choice here].

A Christian President is standing up for the Constitutional right of Muslims to practice their religion in this country. We should be thankful, but we should not be waiting for others to stand up for us. Allah has blessed us with a beautiful deen. It is our reponsibility to live it and be examples of respect, kindness, and dignity in our relationships with our parents, our family, our neighbors, our classmates, our teachers, our coworkers, our employees, and anyone we meet. When we do this, we will no longer have to convince people of the beauty of Islam. They will see the truth.

t
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #19 on: Aug 15, 2010 12:25 PM »

A Christian President is standing up for the Constitutional right of Muslims to practice their religion in this country. We should be thankful,

One who does not thank people, does not thank Allah

lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #20 on: Aug 17, 2010 12:55 AM »

i can't believe building a mosque has become a national issue.  i don't live in the States anymore, so i had no idea what was going on.  but man, am i glad that i don't have to face all the crap all of you are going to have to face because of this. 

people are saying this is going to be an election issue, that it will unravel obama's reelection campaign, that it will harden American opinions.  judging from the comments sections in newspapers like the wall street journal, etc...boy is that true.  stuff like this is really bringing the haters out of the woodwork. 

man, am i glad i don't have to face that. 

but i have to say, the people organizing this mosque ought to be severely reprimanded.  i mean slapped real hard.  i mean what were they thinking? how daft could they be?  why did they have to build a mosque downtown?  stuff uptown is even cheaper.  these people because of their lack of wisdom, despite their best intentions, have imperiled muslims all over the country. 

we all know that whenever a mosque gets built, there is amazing opposition, even if its built in the middle of nowhere.  what did they expect by building near such a sensitive area? 

this is naivete at its worst.  and as my favorite quote says:

"the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

tahirah
Sis

« Reply #21 on: Aug 17, 2010 04:01 AM »

very true, Jaihoon.

why did they have to build a mosque downtown?  stuff uptown is even cheaper. 

There is a masjid already there. They are just expanding it.

people are saying this is going to be an election issue, that it will unravel obama's reelection campaign, that it will harden American opinions.  judging from the comments sections in newspapers like the wall street journal, etc...boy is that true.  stuff like this is really bringing the haters out of the woodwork. 

I think Obama was already going to have re-election problems. That's probably why he is trying to get so much done in this term (economic stimulus, health care reform, credit card/financial reform, wall street reform, education reform, withdrawing from Iraq, and even immigration). I suspect this issue is going to affect the midterm elections for the Democrats. But American politics seems to suffer from ADD (Obama's announcement about closing Guantanamo within a year was a stroke of political genious. Notice everyone has already forgotten about it. We are talkng about immigration, Shirley Sherrod, and mosques in New York). By the time 2012 rolls around there may be some other "urgent" issue leading the headlines. Republicans will accuse Obama (and the democrats) as trying to destroy "real" [read Christian] American values. Democrats will paint Republican as crazy Tea Party extremists. And Independents still wont have a chance

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #22 on: Aug 17, 2010 05:37 AM »

salam

Out of curiosity, when the mosque was initially being expanded, but before the trustees began taking polls and advertising themselves by being concerned about public opinion..... Was anybody aware of the mosque (apart from the worshippers), did anyone give a damn?

Around here, the Muslim community tend to be very vocal about plans to do things, with the result they're never allowed as the public outcry is immense. Then you have the Jewish community who just go ahead and do what they want & nobody but them gets a say as by the time anyone is aware it's a done deal!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Sarah Amena
Sis

Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #23 on: Aug 17, 2010 05:44 AM »

Good point Sister Fozia!

I also think it's important to point out that not ALL people are against the mosque being built, there are a lot of Americans that support the project but of course those aren't the ones that make the news  Wink
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #24 on: Aug 17, 2010 07:13 AM »

This is a great blog: http://daryllang.com/blog/4421
Photos of stuff that’s the same distance from the World Trade Center as the “Ground Zero Mosque.

The scary thing is that they're using this "ground zero mosque" fear mongering to try to stop mosque building around the country and are even picketing certain normal mosques like in Connecticut . (Ppl have the right to demonstrate right in front of a mosque on the sidewalk.) Horrible...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: