Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shrinking stomachs...  (Read 1107 times)
ruqayyah
Sis

Reps: 1

« on: Aug 17, 2010 06:15 PM »

So these fasts are long (started at about 2.15am till about 9pm)...but alhumdulilah I've been finding them sooo much easier than I thought they were going to be.

I started off Ramadan eating a pratha at sehri thinking i'd need to stock up lol and now my tummy can only handle something light like an apple! Is anybody else feeling their tummies can't cope with food  anymore??

Sarah Amena
Sis

Reps: 16

« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2010 04:29 AM »

Asalaam Alaikum Sis,

Yes, I definitely agree and I am totally loving it!! There really is more to life than food and drink  woohoo

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2796

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2010 05:28 AM »

ws,

I don't like it actually Sad I'm used to spreading light things out across a whole day, the limited time hours and I can only eat a little and then I'm weak and listless the next day Sad

blackrose
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2010 07:54 AM »

salaam Jannah since you stay up late and stuff, maybe you can eat little little throought the night

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1248

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2010 08:12 AM »

salam

I think what it is, is that iftar is so late, and then suhoor is so early, and personally, my iftar has not yet digested enough to eat another meal.

I tend to eat things like porridge and bananas for suhoor, and a main meal for iftar, I leave out most of the smaller snack type foods otherwise I wont eat properly I know I wont and like Sr Jannah then I end up tired and listless throughout the day!

Having said that I've found this ramadan the easiest by far alhumdulillah!!!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

khadija13
Sis

Reps: 15

« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2010 09:55 AM »

ws,

I don't like it actually Sad I'm used to spreading light things out across a whole day, the limited time hours and I can only eat a little and then I'm weak and listless the next day Sad

Jannah i agree wid u as from last three days i was breaking fast wid cold water n now i m suffering from bad throat due to hot season i dont feel like eating anythg n i just drink drink lot of cold water wic effect me as illness Sad too :'(

When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

khadija13
Sis

Reps: 15

« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2010 09:58 AM »

salam

I think what it is, is that iftar is so late, and then suhoor is so early, and personally, my iftar has not yet digested enough to eat another meal.

I tend to eat things like porridge and bananas for suhoor, and a main meal for iftar, I leave out most of the smaller snack type foods otherwise I wont eat properly I know I wont and like Sr Jannah then I end up tired and listless throughout the day!

Having said that I've found this ramadan the easiest by far alhumdulillah!!!

Wassalaam

Salaam sis u r ryt i know its like bigger days n small night which make us feel so weak as we cant cope up eating so mch at same tym as if we have dinner till 10 pm n again wake up for suhoor at 3 am its so difficult to eat in suhoor ....

When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah

Sarah Amena
Sis

Reps: 16

« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2010 05:33 PM »

huh, maybe it's been easier for me because I have quite a bit of reserve?

But I hope InshAllah it gets easier for all of you, I do think it takes the body a little while to adjust but InshAllah it will get easier!  hug

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reps: 519

« Reply #8 on: Aug 18, 2010 08:03 PM »

I have to admit that yes, food is feeling a bit repulsive or maybe that when Iftar time finally arrives, it is a bit anticlimactic so-to-speak.

I don't mind not eating during the day, but it's just that on a regular non-fasting day, I would like to have the option to eat or drink something when I feel low on energy.

Wow, Sr. Ruqayah, only a roti satisfies your stomach?? Now only an apple? Wow. You ladies have smaller stomachs and/or appetites than us guys - at least that what I noticed when I was back in high schhol where the girls just had a salad for lunch - that is at least an appetizer/side dish for me!

I think I feel the same way as Sr. Jannah, it would be nice to have snacks here and there (like Wheat Thins crackers) and then of course, a mid-afternoon tea.

For some reason today though, is going alright. I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked and I had an errant to run in the city around 8, so I had to face all the traffic heading into the city, which isn't fun BUT I feel ok right now, and it's 12:01 PM. I did have lots of water (I drink too much tea in general, so hydration hasn't been where it should be as of late - only had tea once since Ramadan started) so I am thinking that may be why I feel pretty alright - though the finally cooler weather doesn't hurt either!

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]

ruqayyah
Sis

Reps: 1

« Reply #9 on: Aug 18, 2010 11:36 PM »

Yeah jannah, I'm usually a 'grazer' too so trying to have two big meals within a few hours of each other is not really working for me! The mind is saying yes, but the body disagrees!

Wcoastbaba - trust me I don't get girls who eat just salad either!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: