// Makkah-Madina video
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The spiritual warrior is he who breaks an idol; and the idol of each person is his Ego. - Imam Abul Qasim al-Qushayri
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Makkah-Madina video  (Read 8325 times)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« on: Sep 12, 2010 08:05 PM »

Encouraged by the positive response I got after posting pictures of my trip to KSA,I made a video by clubbing small clips I had of my previous trips and this one.Hope you guys like it  Smiley

PS-Ignore the conversations in the background if you need coz I couldn't find a way to suppress 'em on moviemaker.

http://www.youtube.com/v/bK-pSr9pAuw?hl=en&fs=1
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2010 11:22 PM »

salam

Watching that brings back the desire to return so strongly subhanallah.

You know that bridge with the book, is that to mark the border between Jeddah & Makkah? I've always wondered about that.

You're so lucky to have frequented Makkah & Medina so much like that mashallah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2010 02:04 AM »

salam

Watching that brings back the desire to return so strongly subhanallah.

You know that bridge with the book, is that to mark the border between Jeddah & Makkah? I've always wondered about that.

The bridge with the book is just in between,on the highway.Makkah begins at the "Muslims Only" checkpoint and Jeddah has its own checkpoint as well.

salam

You're so lucky to have frequented Makkah & Medina so much like that mashallah.

Wassalaam

It's actually my dad,he works for Saudi Airlines in Jeddah (and even I used to live there a long time ago) and part of the package is free tickets for the entire family so we go whenever we can  Smiley But he's gonna have to leave his job in a year or two (stupid Saudization policy) and that's something I am not looking forward to  :'( . But Alhamdulilah for all these chances I had till date Smiley
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2010 01:21 PM »

Allahu Akbar!  I have never seen such a video of the grandness of the Prophet SAW's Masjid! Wow! Maasha-Allah. Jizakallah for sharing that!

I hope you take more advantage of your father's remaining time in Saudi Arabia. Your indeed lucky to experience it in depth like that. Happy for you!

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2010 06:24 PM »

Ma'sha'allah! That was too too beautiful and amazing!

Yes, you are indeed beyond fortunate to have the chance to go there so often with you dad's job - yup, too bad it will be coming to an end.

I feel just fortunate to have watched your video and to have seen the Prophet's mosque in a more intimate way, other than being there myself. So yeah, I echo what Sr. Halima said, never seen a video showing that grandness of Masjid An-Nabawi

I just can't imagine even walking where you were . . . . right now it's just a fantasy really . . . I just hope it is one that comes true sooner rather than later.

I've watched and re-watched a 2-part video that has a computer model of the Prophet's mosque with commentary on the special locations with the stories behind them during the Prophet's time. I think the Rawdah is the place I would want to go to first - that's marked by the green rather than red rugs, from what I learned. Those videos are posted in the Cool Islamic Videos section of the board.

Also, I couldn't help chuckling when I heard the Urdu conversation - I've got family from the area, so good chuckling mind you.  Smiley

Jazak'Allahu Khairan akhan bhai
BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2010 08:04 PM »

Thanks bhaya for the encouraging words, support, etc.

Actually, I was going to PM you, but just real quick - my abba's family is from Bangalore, but one of my most dearest cousin-sisters there, ended up marrying a bro from Hyderabad, who was at the time, working in my city, Portland (Oregon, which lies in the NW of the States) for Nike, via Tata. So my Amma and I did the checking up on behalf of my abba's side of the family, while parents met my cousin-sister back in India. After taking him to see Mujse Dosti Karoge (I'm a Rani-lover if you must know!) and dinner with just my mom and I and then with the extended family, we "cleared" him and without meeting, my cousin and him were engaged and alhamdulillah, I was able to attend their marriage in Bangalore soon after. They stayed in Portland for some years - I was very close to their son, but soon after their daughter was born in Oct. 2007, the following Feb, they had to go back to India due to Visa issues (though they had been awarded a new visa . .long story). But they went there for a good reason as Allah Planned it well (that I may PM you about if you are curious).

So, in short, that is my special connection to Hyderabad. It is actually in Kurnool, where his family lives and where they spent this past E'id.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
akhan
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2010 08:13 AM »

Thanks bhaya for the encouraging words, support, etc.

Actually, I was going to PM you, but just real quick - my abba's family is from Bangalore, but one of my most dearest cousin-sisters there, ended up marrying a bro from Hyderabad, who was at the time, working in my city, Portland (Oregon, which lies in the NW of the States) for Nike, via Tata. So my Amma and I did the checking up on behalf of my abba's side of the family, while parents met my cousin-sister back in India. After taking him to see Mujse Dosti Karoge (I'm a Rani-lover if you must know!) and dinner with just my mom and I and then with the extended family, we "cleared" him and without meeting, my cousin and him were engaged and alhamdulillah, I was able to attend their marriage in Bangalore soon after. They stayed in Portland for some years - I was very close to their son, but soon after their daughter was born in Oct. 2007, the following Feb, they had to go back to India due to Visa issues (though they had been awarded a new visa . .long story). But they went there for a good reason as Allah Planned it well (that I may PM you about if you are curious).

So, in short, that is my special connection to Hyderabad. It is actually in Kurnool, where his family lives and where they spent this past E'id.

BABA
 desibro

I think we might have common friends or relatives coz I have connections in Bangalore Grin
I am gonna PM you so that we don't turn this thread into an investigation of sorts Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: