Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Original Al-Efaasi Recitations > New  (Read 1569 times)
sofia
Sis

Reps: 85

Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob thabbit quloobana ala deenik

« on: Aug 24, 2010 10:00 AM »

As-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah, and Ramadan Mubarak, all -

It was here on jannah.org that I was first introduced to Al-Efaasi recitations (at least 10 years ago, and I cannot remember which sister sent me the tapes, may Allah reward her. Yes, I said tapes, which have been used dry), so I thought I'd kick it old-school style.

http://www.feqih.com/uploads/Quran_ereb_dilinde/index.php?q=f&f=%2FMishari+Rashid+Al-Afasy+%28namaz+vaxti+seslendirilib%29

You cannot imagine how excited I was to be reunited with my favorite recitations...if you need more proof that his older recitations are better than the new ones, have a listen to Surah Waaqi'ah. 'Nuf said. Other than, masha'Allah la quwwata illa billah. And my husband would beg to differ, since he can only listen to Egyptian-style recitations (Minshawy), but to each his own.

purplehijabisis

"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Qur'aan 20.114)
"Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!" (23:109)
"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves..."(3:10)

peace
Sis

Reps: 214

« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2010 05:28 AM »

salaam sis!
I have recently started to listen to quran recitation. I dont really have any skill to tell styles and qaris from one other. I started on utube and listen2quran application on madina. Then today I listened to feiqh.com as u suggested. I may sound very naive saying this (b'coz thats what I am right now  Wink) I am not able to tell the diffrence between mishary rashid on utube ( i assume thats new style) and the mishary rashid on feiqh. But I really want to know the difference Smiley

sofia
Sis

Reps: 85

Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob thabbit quloobana ala deenik

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2010 01:13 PM »

Salaam and Eid Mubarak!
Sorry, Aazeen, didn't see this until now.

While there are different recitation styles that Efaasi uses, I was referring more to the general feeling/emotion behind his older recitations being >> than his recitations now, but that's just my feeling.

Way back in the day, I remember being totally blown away by Surat Al-Waaqi'ah recited by him, masha'Allah. I listened to it so much, I think I broke the tape...anyhow, maybe youtube has his older recitations, so that may be why you don't notice the difference.

sofia  hijabisis

"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Qur'aan 20.114)
"Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!" (23:109)
"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves..."(3:10)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: