Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramadan Cupcakes (if u hungry don't click!) ;D  (Read 2516 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2781

I heart the Madina

« on: Aug 30, 2010 02:50 AM »

salams,

I want to make some Ramadan cupcakes this week so looking online for inspiration... these are so awesome... have no idea how to go about making them tho Sad i just know how to make regular ones, anyone tried any of these fancy designs and knows how to make them?

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2010 02:57 AM »

More...

rahma
Sis

Reps: 739

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2010 03:36 PM »

Cheesy I love the Vimto one! Cheesy

It looks like a lot of the decorations were made out of fondant.  I've never used fondant before; maybe someone else on the board has...

Sadiyah
Sis

Reps: 1

« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2010 08:20 PM »

Aww I wasn't even hungry until I saw these! lol

I think my sister can make these if she had the right tools, mayb I should buy them and have her make some for eid

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2010 09:52 PM »

ws,

I really love #19. I think those are sugar cookies that are decorated and then put on top of the cupcakes. Definitely doable but labor intensive... wish I had my nieces and nephews around me, we'd have a ball making these!!

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1247

« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2010 10:53 PM »

salam

No. 19 looks like rice paper cake toppers to me.  You get icing sugar pens which you can draw intricate designs with, pretty much like childrens colouring pens.

The more involved icing decorations look like marzipan, I can't stand the taste  of marzipan.

Wassalaam
Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Sep 01, 2010 09:17 PM »

ws,

you could be right fozia...but i've seen that rice paper and it's very thin, not sure how they got it to stand up like that (toothpics?) and were able to do all teh frosting designs on it? maybe they printed the designs onto the rice paper then put them on cookies or something?? there's so many interesting decorating ideas!! but i think i'll just go with a simple one... i'll put a picture up of them when i get a chance!

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2010 09:33 PM »

salam

The rice toppers prop into the icing like this.

I made these for a friends sons party.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2010 09:39 PM »

salam

The rice paper is very thin and stands up easily.

Wassalaam

Arrrggghhh huuuge pictures

Sadiyah
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Sep 01, 2010 10:50 PM »

Mashallah they look nice! I like the sparkles you used.
I decided to get some kids together before this eid over at our house and have them decorate sugar cookies and cupcakes, (and mayb one big cake)
Inshallah I'm getting the supplies today, can't wait!  Grin

Sadiyah
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2010 05:23 AM »

We ended up making the cupcakes/cookies/cake today  Smiley They don't look anything like the ones in the picture though lol
Inshallah I'll upload the pictures as soon as I find my USB

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: