Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Sight to behold...  (Read 1369 times)
Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« on: Sep 01, 2010 11:29 PM »

This morning at Suhur time after Tahajjud prayers, I saw something that brought a lump to my throat and made my heart flutter with emotion.

There was this elderly Muslims brother in a wheelchair. His son who is about 10 years old was feeding him suhur. The boy was doing it with such tenderness and patience, I was almost tempted to get up, go touch his head and give me him a kiss.  Allahu Akabar!

The boy reminded me of this Qur'an quote:

Random Quran Verse[17.23] And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and show goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) "Uff" nor chide them, and speak to them a generous word.

Subhanallah! The boy was already doing this at a tender. I asked around and apparently the brother has a boy and girl. The girl was around too but I didn't see her with her dad at the time.

May our children be kind to us. Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1248

« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2010 03:28 AM »

salam

Mashallah Ameen. And may that boy continue to be a kind and generous as he grows older inshallah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reps: 519

« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2010 09:30 PM »

Wow, ma'sha'allah, what a lovely thing to see and hear about! Thanks so much for sharing Sr. Halima. May Allah (swt) Bless that child and Reward him. Ameen. We older people can still learn from the young ones - it's good to know that there are kids like that in today's world.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: