Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times... it was shaadi season time.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Silliest thing you've ever done?  (Read 3242 times)
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« on: Feb 20, 2008 10:33 PM »

Okay, I'm completely ditzy and have an appalling memory in terms of everyday things and exam dates and deadlines and whatnot so there are loads of really silly situations that I've got myself into (and then made the mistake of telling people about them!).

BUT! I'm not going first  Wink  ....any volunteers??
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2008 08:17 AM »

Salaams,

Here goes, in no particular order.

++  Wrote a friendship letter to a girl in 10th grade. The letter got caught by her parents, who came marching down my door after tracking me down using school records. Then they taught me a lesson on morality while sitting in "my" guest room. Jusst emay-jin.

++ Arm wrestled with 7 stranger boys  of my age in a row, in the middle of a crowded bazaar/market. And actually beat em all *roars*

++ Later on raced bikes with those lads, one of them actually laid on his bike to cut the air resistance, and he beat me by a mile :- /

++ Step on the front of a car, then its roof, and came off from the top of its dunk, when a friend challenged me to do it. Needless to say, it made so much noise that we had to run like hell to avoid a fight with cars owner.

++ Challenged wifey to enter a mini-cinema and freak people out by shouting for no reason. Which she actually did, and then we hurried to the empty gym and hid there.

And too much detail already. So i'll just end it at that  bro

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
a_desert_rose
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2008 08:45 AM »

Cheesy That's too funny Uncle Nomi!

And actually beat em all *roars*

Why do all guys' fight stories end like this? I've got older brothers so I should know  Smiley

We used to pass around notes in our class (although not..ahem..to boys) but once my friend and I were discussing on paper this one girl who we didn't really like and we put the paper in the bin at the end of class, not even dreaming that she would fish it out of the bin out of curiousity to see what we'd written. Needless to say we got into trouble with our teacher and had to apologise shame-facedly to the girl. I felt soo bad and so embarrassed that day I've never backbitten about anyone since (on paper anyway!)

Wassalam
a_desert_rose
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2008 09:16 AM »

Cheesy That's too funny Uncle Nomi!

LOL hahahah best laugh I've had in days... Well I guess he is an uncle now that he's a papa... same difference eh... pretty soon.... nana  oldshaykh
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2008 09:27 AM »

Salaams,

Yeah I'm a self proclaimed uncle ... i've this theory that if you are above 25, u become an uncle/auntie by default, coz thats the age when random kids start addressing you with those killing words. Resistance is no good.

Oh and I wont even think of mentioning my stories of passing notes about ppl in uni, because they were actually 'posters'. And before graduation, because I had become a different person, I broke it to 2 of my classmates that it was actually me who ruined their "Yo" carrier by circulating posters and asked for their forgiveness, which they couldn't believe because I looked so shareef/noble for such acts.

Astagfirullah...

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
a_desert_rose
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2008 09:38 AM »

I'm sorry! I typed it without thinking, I remember we used to call you uncle ages ago when you were called Nomi...I don't know how that started  Huh?

Wassalam,
a_desert_rose
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2008 09:46 AM »

Hey, i'm more than fine with it. No need to say sorry kiddo Smiley

Wifey calls me "old man" (baba) all the time  bro

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2008 09:53 AM »

One time I got an email from some relative in India and she wrote: Dear Aunty, How are you and I miss you... and I was like oooh that's so cute they're writing to my mom and then I realized.   ... wait...this is my first cousin's daugter and so I"M THE AUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Yeah that was a sad day...but now that I really am an aunt I'm ok with it  Cheesy
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2008 10:02 AM »

As an aside... Many desis actually force their kids to address those who are around 8-10 years older than them kids, as uncle and auntie. There are couple of known reason for that.

1] Their mothers think that the kids would be considered older if they dont do so.

2] Young mothers want to teach their younger female cousins/relatives a lesson, and give a boost to their ego. ("if i'm a mom now, then you aren't a girlie anymore either" <= that kinda stuff)

Us men are generally less fussy about it  bro

Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2008 01:19 AM »

As salaamu alaikum

Okay, I admit it, one of the silliest - and ultimately most humiliating - things I've ever done was in 5th grade.  I left a "I like you note" in a boy's schoolbook, he found it, read it and then the teacher got it and read it out loud.  Why oh why couldn't there be a fire drill at that moment.   Then of course there was the time I chased someone down the street barefoot and slipped, got up and finished the chase.  Or when manager of the boy's track team in high school, chased one down the hall in shoes.... and you guessed it, slipped (why didn't I take off my shoes)... and finished the chase.  The coach put them all through a grueling practice just for making me take up the chase in the first place; how dare they take my free tickets to the big track event at Madison Square Garden.  Clearly, they forgot that when the coach was absent I was in charge and I got to check report cards and had the power to recommend suspension for any player that wasn't keeping his grades up (not that I'm power hungry mind you  Grin )

Now that I'm a grown-up I don't do silly things anymore.... well, okay maybe a few.  The silliest of which is the comedy act I put on everytime I cut the bush in my front yard -I need to stand on a chair because I'm too short to reach the top; I know my neighbors get a good laugh. 

Think I'll go have a  bebzi and watch wrestling now

As salaamu alaikum

Fa'izah
a_desert_rose
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2008 01:50 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

I did a silly thing the other day. Got onto a bus behind a woman wearing a long skirt and woolly hat and thought "here's a muslim sister (wearing a hijab under her hat)". Sat down next to her, and noticed her shifting away so I glance across and its........a  bro !!! wearing a thoub, not a skirt. I felt sooo embarrassed and foolish, especially since there were lots of other seats available, but I chose the one next to him  Embarrassed ...moved to another seat at the next stop as discreetly as possible  Roll Eyes

Wassalam,
a_desert_rose
sahira
Sis

sahira has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Feb 25, 2008 01:52 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

I did a silly thing the other day. Got onto a bus behind a woman wearing a long skirt and woolly hat and thought "here's a muslim sister (wearing a hijab under her hat)". Sat down next to her, and noticed her shifting away so I glance across and its........a  bro !!! wearing a thoub, not a skirt. I felt sooo embarrassed and foolish, especially since there were lots of other seats available, but I chose the one next to him  Embarrassed ...moved to another seat at the next stop as discreetly as possible  Roll Eyes

Wassalam,
a_desert_rose      lol that was so funny Cheesy   
Hafsa
Sis

Hafsa has no influence :(

« Reply #12 on: Mar 25, 2008 03:04 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

Wassalam,
a_desert_rose

LOL I still can't believe you did that!!!!!!!
nuh
« Reply #13 on: Mar 25, 2008 05:51 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

I am embarrassed just thinking about this.

Funny how silly quickly becomes shameful!

nuh
 bro
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: