Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramadan in the Haramain  (Read 3255 times)
akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« on: Sep 08, 2010 09:54 PM »

Since I've finally decided to be active on the board after ages of being a silent spectator Smiley I'd like to share something with everyone.
I was on vacation in Jeddah for a few weeks (which included the first week of Ramadan) and that gave me the opportunity to perform Umrah and visit Madina as well..here are some pictures I thought you guys would like to see..cheers Smiley

akhan
Bro

« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2010 09:58 PM »

more..

akhan
Bro

« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2010 10:02 PM »

and more..

akhan
Bro

« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2010 10:09 PM »

and more...

akhan
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2010 10:20 PM »

and more.....

akhan
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2010 10:24 PM »

and more........

akhan
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2010 10:29 PM »

and more..........

akhan
Bro

« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2010 10:33 PM »

and more............

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2010 05:22 AM »

salam

Wow Jazakallah, those pictures give me goosebumps... The last time I was there was over a decade ago, there's  a kind of celestial calm that descends around Maghrib time over the Harram, I remember walking up to the Harram and looking at the sky I could not stop staring it was just so beautiful.

Madina tho is always my favourite, there a calm about it that no other place I have ever visited has.

I didn't realise that the tents in Mina are now permanent structures, they used to be regular collapsing tents many years ago, and after Hajj the area would be empty.......ah how times change oldshaykh

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

akhan
Bro

« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2010 11:04 AM »

I agree with you about the calming effect of Madina.I've noticed over a long period of time that the same pilgrims are really aggressive and rush headed while in Makkah but come Madina,the aggressiveness almost disappears.In fact it has been my personal experience too  Grin.Even the locals from the two places have that stark difference in their behavior and mannerisms.

Well,the magnitude of transformation that Makkah has been undergoing has been phenomenal.There's always some kind of stuff going on 24*7.The tents were made permanent and fireproof(thankfully) a few years ago.The stoning area has also been enlarged and streamlined and there are plans for more development in Muzdalifah and Arafat as well.But somehow all this development scares the hell out of me,especially the Haram expansion project coz that is one of the signs of the end of the world.When the Haram is expanded till the Meeqat that is when its all gonna end.

InshAllah I've plans to go again in Dec/Jan..lets see what more changes I can find then,if I live that is Smiley

PS-Can somebody show me how to resize the pictures?

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2777

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2010 04:32 PM »

wsalaam,

i resized them all. they're still a little big but i think smaller you wouldn't be able to see any details. jazaks for posting. if you have photoshop or paint you can resize your pictures there before uploading.

ws

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reps: 519

« Reply #11 on: Sep 09, 2010 05:26 PM »

Br. Akhan - these were just breath-taking to say the least! Gosh - I am so envious of all of you on the board that have been to the Two Holy Cities - how much longer Ya Allah? Seriously, I just want to go!!!! My mother isn't getting any younger (well, her knees at least) and we haven't been . . . . . each year that passes without going, just hurts and seeing such beautiful pictures and hearing the experiences that you all give . . . *sigh* just have to wait for the Call I guess . . what to do. Jazak'Allahu Khairan for the photos - just amazing.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]

Sarah Amena
Sis

Reps: 16

« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 2010 09:36 PM »

Brother akhan,

SubanAllah! These pictures made me feel really emotional! Jazak Allah Khairan for posting!  It touched me deeply to see such beauty!

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2010 12:40 AM »

It is like being there, in a way! Beautiful and breathtaking!!! Shukran for sharing, brother. Love them all.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

akhan
Bro

« Reply #14 on: Sep 10, 2010 02:27 AM »

Brother akhan,

SubanAllah! These pictures made me feel really emotional! Jazak Allah Khairan for posting!  It touched me deeply to see such beauty!
It is like being there, in a way! Beautiful and breathtaking!!! Shukran for sharing, brother. Love them all.

well well well,seems like I am not bad at photography..I used to think I was Grin
Or is it just the sheer beauty of the subject which overrides my ludicrous skills??  idunno

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #15 on: Sep 10, 2010 02:39 AM »

well well well,seems like I am not bad at photography..I used to think I was Grin
Or is it just the sheer beauty of the subject which overrides my ludicrous skills??  idunno

You are very good! Not only the beauty but the night pics emphasize your photographic skills!  If you can capture the Harram and its grandeur as best as you can during the day, then you are already set as a photographer to my estimation. No mean feat!

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

lala marcy
Sis

Reps: 143

« Reply #16 on: Sep 10, 2010 03:42 AM »

Lovely Bro. Thanks for sharing...Happy EID! Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print