Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The moments between Ramadan and Eid  (Read 1807 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« on: Sep 10, 2010 08:32 AM »

beautiful public note on facebook.........

The moments between Ramadan and Eid

In these moments between the sunset of the last day of Ramadan and the twilight stars of Eid, I can't help but remember as Um Ayman, the Prophet's foster mother, wept tears of grief on the death of the Prophet peace be upon him. When she was asked why she was crying she explained that she knew he would eventually pass away, but her tears and grief were because revelation from on High had ceased forever.

We too knew Ramadan would inevitably end, but our hearts twist and hurt to have to let go of a month full of forgiveness, self-restraint, love, and mosques that overflow with worship, tears and hearts that are alive. Our pain is that divine mercy and grace no longer cascade down on us unrestrained. The month of Ramadan is like the opening of floodgates, while your works and intentions during Ramadan are how many pails of water you manage to carry away. ´╗┐If you began working steadily to take as much as you could from Ramadan, you will have pails of water to last you until the floodgates are opened once more. Ramadan is a school, and the most important lesson is something we realize within ourselves: a surprising ability and readiness to give ourselves up and seek Allah as He wants us to.

As astonishing as Ramadan is in its utter generosity and pervading mercy, we must never forget that the mercy of God inundates us throughout the year in ways we are unable to be fully thankful for. It knows no limit, undeserving as we are. And so, Eid was given to us too in order to ease the pain of Ramadan. The word Eid in Arabic means to return. And Eid is truly a return to God in everything we have been able to acquire throughout Ramadan, begging Him to further bestow us with His generosity and allow us to keep our new habits throughout the new year ahead. It is a return to His blessings of sustenance and pleasure which we abstained from during fasting, with hearts full of thankfulness and appreciation. It is a return to new resolve, new promises and goals. It is a return to the end of another full month of Ramadan, that God has allowed us to come back to in health and fortitude. Alhamdulillah!

And as our teachers have said: to enter into Eid reminds us that we are always returning and coming closer with every year to the greater Eid. It is a return to God in everything, before our souls undertake the bigger Return unto Him for Eternity.

"Now it's time again for Eid / Ramadan ran with speed / Please come again! / Like an old friend." -Yusuf Islam

And so, with a full heart, I wish you a very Eid Mubarak Smiley

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reps: 519

« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2010 11:52 AM »

Aww, ma'sha'allah, that was beautiful and lovely. Jazak'Allahu Khairan for sharing Sis Jannah - especially for those of us not on the FB.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2010 09:41 PM »

Yeah, simply beautiful.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reps: 185

« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2010 05:26 PM »

Wow...so beautifully written. Deep thoughts we should really refelct on.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon

um aboodi
Sis

Reps: 268

« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2010 01:44 AM »

salam

subhana Allah, few days ago and before reading this post, I was feeling sad that Ramadan was coming to an end. I was thinking about this incident with Um Ayman crying over the termination of "wahy" with the death of of the prophet salla allahu alaihi wa sallam.

somehow, we feel special, tranquil and protected in Ramadan.  It is a great blessing from Allah. 

wassalam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: