// US Open - Mens Doubles Final - Aisam-ul-Haq of Pakistan and Rohan of India
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: I wonder where Bart is, his dinner's getting all cold... and eaten. - Homer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Open - Mens Doubles Final - Aisam-ul-Haq of Pakistan and Rohan of India  (Read 1497 times)
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« on: Sep 12, 2010 03:39 PM »

Salaams,

They were runners-up in Mens doubles. Aisam-Ul-Haq delivers message of peace at U.S. Open after Indo-Pak Express suffers defeat:

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2010 04:06 PM »

AWESOME!!!!

I am a tennis player myself, though I haven't played so much the last few years (2x in the last 5 years  Sad) - stupid medical school!  Tongue

I've played since I was 6 - it is a great game.

It's so great that they played together. I haven't been in the loop with the tennis news/doubles pairings lately, so this was a great surprise to see.

Anyways, ma'sha'allah, wonderful message by Br. Aisam - I think that was a great and even gutsy thing to do on such a stage. We need more of those who may be in the public eye to come out and do that when possible. Much respect to him for what he said.

Jazak'Alllahu Khairan for sharing this Bro. H2H

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2010 02:08 PM »

Salaams,

You are welcome Baba. Aisam is also my best friend's cousin. I haven't ever personally met him though.

Tennis is a great sport, I dont play but I like it a lot.

Wasalam,
-me

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2010 03:57 PM »

ohh that was wonderful! Thanks for posting
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2010 12:01 PM »

Salaams,

Follow-up...

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2010 09:54 AM »

Follow-up to the follow-up - Aisam and Rohan on Riz Khan discussing whether a sporting pair such as them can help towards foster peace between the two nations.  :desibro:BABA

Riz Khan - The Indo-Pak express of peace
Can an unlikely tennis duo from India and Pakistan bridge the bitter political divide between their two countries? We will be talking to Pakistani tennis star Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi and his Indian counterpart Rohan Bopanna who have formed a unique partnership as a doubles team on the international tennis circuit. It is the first time a Pakistani and an Indian have paired up to play on the same side in professional sport.That has generated global headlines with the international media calling them "ambassadors of peace" and the "Indo-Pak express." Both Qureshi and Bopanna themselves have started a movement called "Stop War Start Tennis." They are among the top eight doubles teams in the world and made the final of the US Open in September.

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: