// Du'a for anxiety?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Du'a for anxiety?  (Read 2022 times)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« on: Sep 13, 2010 08:02 PM »

Salams
I tend to get very anxious and nervous quite a lot of times,doesn't always have to be when I try to start something new but it also happens right out of the blue at times with no reason at all.Sometimes there's this sixth sense which tells me that something awful is gonna happen which freaks me out even more.
Just wondering if there is a Du'a or something that I can recite to counter all this.
Jzk.
Nafs
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2010 08:09 PM »

Walaikum Asalaam Bro!

I am exactly like you ... I am sure many people will come in with good advice InshaAllah...but as far as duas, here you go:  http://makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=34.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2010 09:36 PM »

salam

I get that feeling of dread, that something bad is going to happen.

I tend to recite;

“Hasbunallahu wa ni’mal wakeel”, “Allah is sufficient for us and He is our Guardian”

May Allah give you peace & serenity Inshallah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
seekingtawbah
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2010 03:43 AM »

It was reported from ‘Abdullah bin Masud that the Prophet salla alayi wa salaam “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says: O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.” recorded in Al Musnad(Ahmad 1/391) graded as Sahih
seekingtawbah
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2010 03:45 AM »

sorry nafs i didnt see u posted this dua
worshipper
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2010 11:05 PM »

salaam brother.whatever is meant to befall you will, even if the whole dunya tired to protect you from it.and what is not meant to befall you wont, even if the whole dunya stood against you.everything is from allah.plz read this book called DONT BE SAD.and FORTRESS OF THE MUSLIM which has so many duas.trust me brother as these 2 books helped me so much through my dark times.one thing they taught me was not to fear anything because allah is in charge and everything is decreed Smiley
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2010 08:39 PM »

Assalam alaikom brother,

Anxiety attack and nervousness can be a condition brought on by a chemical inbalance. I have had panic attacks and anxiety after having both my children falls under post-partum. I assume I will have the same with this pregnancy. Du'a and dhikr do help refocus your mind and give relief. However, you still may wanna seek professional help if anxiety is affecting your daily routines or becomes hard to manage. Over anxiety can lead to depression. Of course, pray and seek refuge in Allah but do not discount medical help for a true medical condition.

May Allah give you peace of mind. Ameen

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2010 01:54 AM »

Thanks people..
Sis Christine,I don't have such an intense problem..it's just that I am a tad bit more anxious than other people Smiley
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2010 06:14 PM »

assalamualaikum

i think this is common to most practicing muslims. 

all of us muslims sometimes, or perhaps even often feel feel anxious because we don't expect Allah's help because we think we are crap Muslims.  you get this hollow feeling inside, and are fearful that something bad is gonna happen real soon.  i think this feeling is because practicing muslims know all the bad things that can happen.  they know that their mother can suddenly get cancer.  they know that somebody might suddenly die -- muslims are a lot more sensitive to the changing winds of fortune.  and because we put our trust in Allah to protect us, we feel really, really, really, really inadequate when our Islam isn't going so well. 

i think the best cure for this is a lot christian optimism.  when i was a kid, my dad gave me Norman Vincent Peale's "The Power of Positive Thinking."  christians are kindof amazing in that they can sincerely hope for anything, no matter how crappy a christian they are. 

this is something for us to appreciate as well.  Allah is the most merciful, the most kind, the most generous.  remember that -- and hope -- really, really hope and EXPECT Allah to save you, protect you, and avert calamities from your life.  you have to have that belief, that hope, and you have to really, really believe -- otherwise you will suffer anxiety often. 

happy go lucky is the way to go.  boundless, irrational exuberance, and fool-hardy hope is the way to confront life.  you must expect from Allah, and you must hope. otherwise shaytan will fill you with anxiety, loosen your hopes, and eat you alive.

btw: christine has a good point about chemical imbalances.  my sister gets panic attacks.  its a chemical thing, and in cases like that medication is the way forward.
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2010 09:33 PM »

i think the best cure for this is a lot christian optimism.  when i was a kid, my dad gave me Norman Vincent Peale's "The Power of Positive Thinking."  christians are kindof amazing in that they can sincerely hope for anything, no matter how crappy a christian they are. 

Well said! Very true. As a past Christian I can agree with this, you are raised to have no fear in God. Jesus is your best friend and you don't fear your best friend. I never even feared death, until I became Muslim. Then all these issue started in my head. You are so correct on you post. I enjoyed it.

akhan: Glad it is nothing serious Smiley

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: