// Latest updates...
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Leadership: The Prophet said: 'On a journey, the leader of the group is their servant.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Shu'ab Al-Îmân Al-Bayhaqî)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest updates...  (Read 6338 times)
Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« on: Sep 15, 2010 11:35 AM »

Salams,

I just changed the theme and adjusted a few things. Everything's pretty much the same except there's a new button on the top for "Recent Topics" which is nice if someone wants to bookmark that. At the bottom it shows 20 recent topics in 4 rows not sure if that's confusing. Also random quotes will not work Sad Ooo I don't see any 'new' signs down there at the bottom... will have to see where those went!
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2010 12:53 PM »

Yeah, didn't see the "new" signs either, was wondering about that. I find that most useful when I might have cleared topics as "read" but when I know there are some posts I still haven't clicked on from maybe several days back.

The recent topic feature is alright I think, not too confusing really. Nice touch.

Otherwise, I like the update!

Well done Admin!  Smiley

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2010 01:18 PM »

salam

Good grief.....what happened Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2010 02:09 PM »

salam

Good grief.....what happened Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wassalaam

OK, I guess Sr. Fozia doesn't agree with me, hehe. I think when updating, there will always be little fixes that need to be taken care of, but I've got full faith in the Admin. We just need to be patient.

BABA
 desibro

Sarah Amena
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2010 05:58 PM »

Sister Jannah,

I love the new theme!
I am not kidding, this site is a million times cooler than Facebook!  Tongue

Keep up the great work Admin!  shaykh
Mohamed
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Mohamed has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2010 06:51 PM »

Salaam Alikoum

Great work just we need time to be used to it ...

Yes the "NEW" sign and also Opening a new window with first right click on the title of an issue!

Thank you so much Sis Jannah

madinaflag
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Sep 15, 2010 07:26 PM »

salam

I'm old, I don't do change....the shock of this could kill me you know.... oldshaykh

<<goes to lie down in a darkened room>>

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Sep 15, 2010 07:40 PM »

wsalam,

lol it's almost literally exactly the same thing.. just the bottom thing is in 4 rows... i think i accidentally took out the new signs have to find where those are but after that should be no difference really!
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2010 08:48 PM »

OK I think I fixed most of the things... the "new" and changed the recent topics at the bottom back into 2 rows and they should open into new windows... let me know if there's anything else weird or broken...
Sadiyah
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Sadiyah has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2010 08:53 PM »

I likee it Wink Mashallah

silver
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
silver has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2010 09:17 PM »

The new theme is really nice. Good work!  Smiley
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #11 on: Sep 16, 2010 08:53 AM »

congrats all of us on the smarter, techier(if there is a word like that) cooler madina  Smiley. Nice changes Sr. Jannah.

P.S: I am missing the familiar warmth of the old green.  Embarrassed 
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #12 on: Sep 16, 2010 02:17 PM »

looks nice!

I agree with sis Aazeen, without the green this place feels strange. It will take some time to get used to the change.

Also, I am having trouble replying to an anonymous thread. Any suggestions?

Assalamu Alaikum
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #13 on: Sep 16, 2010 02:57 PM »

Salaams,

Nice template. Speaks loud about this being a female dominated site/forum Wink

And there used to be last posters name next to the recent posts at the bottom. That seems to be missing too...

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Sep 16, 2010 03:02 PM »

ws,

Ilyas I accidentally put those in the wrong place, you should be able to respond now.

We usually change the colors every season... red for summer, orange/brown for fall, blue for winter, green for spring...
The latest green was there for the ramadan theme.

Girly! That's odd cuz the theme was made by a guy! I thought it had nice Fall colors. Do u guys want the names? Wasn't sure if that's useful or not...also the date can be included

Salaams,

Nice template. Speaks loud about this being a female dominated site/forum Wink

And there used to be last posters name next to the recent posts at the bottom. That seems to be missing too...

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #15 on: Sep 16, 2010 07:40 PM »

Salaams,

Guys can develop themes for girlie, kiddie, manly, allien et al sites. Happens all the time Wink. Oh and for handheld devices its all the same, its simply blue and white (my all time fav colors!).

And names help alot, im an aggressive user of the feature. The forum name there isnt that useful imo, date can help perhaps when one goes in lurker mode.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Sep 16, 2010 07:51 PM »

salam

I don't think the theme is particular gender biased towards either sex...

I just dont like it for all the reasons I mentioned previously.

But then I don't think I have ever liked a single theme bar the very first one we had when I first joined, fifty years ago or so oldshaykh

Wassalaam

Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #17 on: Sep 16, 2010 07:52 PM »

Looks great! Love the new avatars!

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #18 on: Sep 19, 2010 08:55 AM »

The welcome text in green could be changed to some other color for better readability.

All else super cool  Cool

Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #19 on: Sep 27, 2010 10:26 AM »

Salam,

Sorry about the delays, there was a problem with some of the attachments not working with the upgrade. I'll leave the forum open while we try to fix it inshaAllah...
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #20 on: Sep 27, 2010 11:36 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

But then I don't think I have ever liked a single theme bar the very first one we had when I first joined, fifty years ago or so

lol

Nostalgia is good but sometimes you have to move with the times otherwise we would still be carrying around brick like mobile phones instead of snazzy iPhones Sr Fozia Wink

Just a couple of things I noticed:

The archives link is not currently HTMLised (is that a word?) and you have to copy and paste the link in order to get there.

The archives link for the year 2000 shows the population of the Madina at 1.2bn and now we are at 2bn in 2010. My, how we have grown!! bro

Still love the Quran flash tab.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #21 on: Sep 27, 2010 01:43 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Wsalam,

Nice to have a brKhalid sighting! U were missing all ramadan and we didn't even get a diary Sad sad sad.

I fixed the archive links I think, also know the chat is not working  smack Ugh I hate upgrading, but we had a hacker on the blog trying to send spam emails so every application has to be upgraded now...

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #22 on: Sep 27, 2010 03:34 PM »

salam

Alhumduliullah, we're back, I had such severe withddrawal symptoms; I had the shakes, headaches, sleeplessness, boredom....I acually concentrated on my work!!!

We cannot possibly be down for such a length of time ever again!!!!

Welcome back Br Khalid, I was thinking about you all.

Wassalaam

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #23 on: Sep 27, 2010 04:45 PM »

ws,

Tongue lol fozia u crack me up, have a  bebzi on me

The funny thing is the same sort of thing happened on Facebook the other day. There was an error and the program 'automatically' tries to fix it, the same thing the board did and then it broke everything! So Facebook went down for about an hour and ppl were going nuts!

On twitter ppl were writing the funniest msgs I retweeted some:

postsecret: BREAKING NEWS: Facebook is down. Worker productivity rises. U.S. climbs out of recession.

statesman: FYI: Yes, Facebook is down for everyone. Breathe deeply ... straighten up your desk ... walk around the building.

loubrutus: DNS FAILURE: Facebook is down which means 9 months from today, many children will born.

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #24 on: Sep 27, 2010 05:20 PM »

Salaams -

looooool Sis J  @ those tweets!!!

omA omA omA  - BROTHER KHALID!!!!!!!!! Yes, I was even thinking about you during Ramadhan and yeah, were you not supposed to do a diary towards the end of the month??? I was thinking you got really busy, both with Ramadan and/or family duties, but alas, good to know you are out there, still functioning :-)

hahah, Sr. Fozia - you're a silly one! Bless you!

As for all the techical mumbo-jumbo - I have no clue about that stuff, but sounds complicated - I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but on the thread I started on the Sr. Aafia news, I noticed there was one line, then when I checked back, there was more text - don't know if that was just text added later or was that due to the errors that were trying to be fixed.

Anyhooo, good work Sis J, as always. Hope all the remaining issues will be taken care of soon.

I had a really interesting day today, will be posting about it soon, insha'allah.

BABA
 desibro

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: