// How To Overcome My Sins
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' But conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but because conscience tells one it is right.”
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Overcome My Sins  (Read 3279 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Sep 16, 2010 12:51 PM »

Salaam I am posting anonymous so that I dont do an additional sin of exposing my sins.

My situation right now is like this.

I was given resources(ingrediants, blender, stove, oil etc etc) to prepare a nice dish along with the directions of dos and dont's. Then I strarted preparing the dish. But I followed mininum directions. I used the resources as I felt. Without discreation. without fear. I ended up with a spoiled, burnt dish. It is uneatable. Eating it will give me only bitter taste. It will hurt my tounge miserably. And I DONT have the option of not eating it. I am bound to eat it sooner or later and bear the consequeces of what I have prepared out of my own heedlessness and misuse. The biggest dellima is that I have the opportunity to improve the dish but dont know how to.
THIS DISH IS MY 'AKHIRAT'.

The things that I have done to spoil my akhirat are

1. I ahve been hijabless
2. I have done backbitibg
3. I have been headless of salah
4.I have hurt people
5.I have not lowered my gaze.
6. I have disobeyed and been disrespestful to my husband.
7. I have not utilized ramadhan properly
8. I have indulged in music
9. I ahve lied
10.I ahve cheated
11. I have doubted in existence of god
12. I have done 'zulm' on people
13. I have been thankless
14. I have spent needlessly.
15. I have a big ego.
16. I have thought about men.

This is just a broad class of my sins. I am unaware of a million that I must have committed.

Anyone reading this can easily say that this is what every one does so I should seek forgivness and try to be steadfast in future. But believe me its not so simple. I am shackled to my sins. I cant pray despite intention. I cant reduce my sins despite knowing the consequences.

Why I am posting this is because one of you may write something in reply that changes, affects or inspires my heart. This is beyond the control of my mind. Alright I may not be making sense here. But the thing is sisters and brothers when u read this please write something that appeals not to my mind or logic (because all logical reasons to pray and abstain from sin I already know) but to my heart, sub-conscious or my ruh. Let something send a happy wave through me or a shudder through me that compels my out-of-my-control-mind to follow track.

Thanks a lot for reading through this insane post. And if u have understood my dellima then thank u even more.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2010 02:08 PM »

Sister,like you said,intentionally or unintentionally a lot of us do those things.The very fact that you have written asking for help says that you are willing to change for the better and alhamdulilah have the potential to do it.The only thing that remains is to turn that potential into actions.And you are very near to doing that as well.

I don't have a way with words to be able to make you shudder but a little bit of practical advice I can give is to think of what you've done and what you ought to do every moment of your life.Have that thought of repentance in your head.Like,whenever you see your husband,think of this post and try to behave properly with him.Whenever you hear the Adhan,think of this post and try to pray.Whenever you want to speak ill of somebody,think of this post and keep quiet or get away from that gathering.Whenever you feel like buying anything think of this post and ask yourself if you need it.Start wearing the hijab so that you will constantly be reminded of who you are and what you need to be.

You have everything in you,you just need to start translating it into actions.
And lastly,pray to Allah for forgiveness and hidayah and for shelter from the devil because that is the ONLY way you will be able to overcome your own evil inclination.
InshAllah you will be able to do it.

PS-Right after you read this,go and pray.Start NOW.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2010 02:17 PM »

salam

Giving advice whilst sitting on the sideline is easy.... taking advice not so much.

You know you're going wrong, so begin making changes, little ones, say the shahadah again, make intention in your heart to be different and then begin in the name of Allah.

You may well find that its far easier than you suppose it to be.

My advice also is to be gin with salat, if it's difficult make a point of praying at the beginning times and start with the faraz, go from there inshallah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2010 03:44 PM »

Salams,

Sometimes all intellectual and spiritual arguments don't work. Because it seems like you know what's right from wrong and continue to do it. What you need is a good dose of fear. Yup I'm serious. Go to a graveyard. Read all the Hadiths about Jahannam and the Punishments of the Grave. Visit some sick and dying people in a hospital. Know that your day will come too. Do you really want to stand there on the Day of Judgment with all those ugly things? Allah punishes in this life too. For each sin, think about what the punishment has been in this life as a consequence of what you did. There is no good that comes from sins.
seekingtawbah
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2010 05:02 PM »

sis there is only one thing that causes a person to committ sin and thats lack of ibadah. If you do all those things you say then I doubt you pray at all either. Because prayer humbles a believer, it keeeps him on the straight path, and 5 times a day minimum we stand before Allah being reminded of His glory. So if you are praying like you are suppose to, it cuts down on your sin, because you are constantly reminded of Allah and the day of judgement. I guarentee if you pray more, your sins will decrease. perhaps you shoul buy some books on adab. Imam Bukhari has a book called The book of Muslim morals and manners. that is a book  of all the hadiths related to family, neighbors ext. And Hijab is an obligation, to not wear it not only are you getting the sin, but your parents are getting the sin as well for not making you wear it.

Sis back backbiting is a sin that muslims shrug off like it will not harm them, there will be on man on the day of judgement who will have enough good deeds to go to jannah, but because he backbit against his brother, hewill lose all his deeds and enter hellfire. Then there will be a man who has no good deeds, but everyone use to bckbite against him so he will collect all those peoples good deeds and end up entering jannah. Sis you lose your hasanat when you talk about people. Wether what you say is true or not, if its true you have backbiting, and if its not you have done even more evil. there was a man who use to talk behin the back of Imam shafi(teacher of abu hanifah) and he found out someone was lying about him and backbiting. Imam shafi bought a gift for that man and went to his house after he found out. gave this man the gift and said thank you for giving me you hasanat on the day of judgement.

And salah is the most important. The scholars have all agreed if you abaondon your salah you become murtad, and apostate. Imam Ahmad bin hanbal rahimullah said if you miss one salah willingly, ou have left islam. And he takes his eveidence of the hadith from rasullah salla alayi wa salaam who said " if you miss one salah out of lazyness you have disbelieved" This is the minor opinion however the scholars have agreed to stop salah you leave islam. Some also say 3 weeks without praying. You may not think that praying for alittle bit harms you, but to most scholars you have disbelieved in Allah. as the prophet salla alayi wa salaam said " the only thing that seperates a kafir from a believer is salah" So if you have gone a month or more without praying, retake your shahadah and start

sis be humble, and talk little, The prophet salla alayi wa salaam even warned us about talking to much. Do not say more than you have to and be humble, obey your husband unless he asks you to committ haram, And pray. I can guarentee if you do not miss one salah, you will not do anythign on that list you put ever again.
Sarah Amena
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 2010 05:10 PM »

Salam Alaikum Sister,

We all make mistakes, we have all sinned, some of us more than others, however you are trying to rectify your sins and embark on a new path and that shows great Iman  Wink

Just the other day I listened to several lectures by Nouman Ali Khan and they were directed towards the youth, especially to those of us that had a weak Iman and embraced a totally non-islamic lifestyle.. His first bit of advice is to change your company and make sure you are around people that won't tempt you into sin and his second bit of advice was to develop a sincere relationship with the Quran. There are many surahs that are directed to those of us who have sinned and advising us to turn back to our lord and seek forgiveness.  The fact that you are even writing this shows that you are ashamed of your actions and are seeking change. You can't change the past and once you do tawbah you can't focus on your past sins, only focus on trying to prevent further sins.
Once you start increasing your knowledge in our deen it completely changes your life, you will start avoiding the haram without a conscious effort, it just happens on it's own, SubanAllah!

Instead of attacking this laundry list of sins, instead focus on one or two a week and eliminate those from your life. One of the first things I did was stay away from music, and in all honesty that has truly helped me and restored much of my modesty....

I hope you find the answers that you are seeking, InshAllah!

Salam Sister,

Christine_1208
Sis

Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Sep 16, 2010 06:30 PM »

Assalam alaikom Sis.

Part of getting on the right path means walking through a couple jagger bushes. You have taken a serious look at yourself, which means you want to change. We all lack self-control at times, hence the "human condition". Changing and feeling closer to Allah means to also forgive YOURSELF. We all have sinned, but our hearts become hard and sick over time. Sometimes that illness of the heart makes us feel unworthy of Allah, forgiviness and mercy. This in turn makes the situation worse. A vicious cycle leading to more dispair.

There are times I have been heedless or not living as I should. It is at these times I seriously sit and visualize:

It's judgement day and your time is coming quickly. There is nothing you can do. You approach Allah's throne with the Angels. One with the scroll of good and the other with the scoll of evil you have committed. Now just image the moment your book is placed in your left hand. Think about that. You have just recieved an eternity of horrible torture, but there is something worse than that. You have just achieved an eternity without Allah. Without his light, with out his love and mercy. We take those we love for granted, it's what we do. Don't take Allah for granted. Imagine the one you love,  your creator and never being able to be close to him again. NEVER. An eternity without God is my biggest fear, so this always snaps me back to realilty. Think about death.

As far as Hijab, take your time. Try but don't be to hard to change everything at once.

You husband and thinking about other men. What is it that you are thinking about. Why are these others spiking your fancy? Is it more romance is it sexual curiosity? Be honest with yourself. Once you figure what it is you are seeking in an intamate relationship, implement that with your husband. Start doing more with him. Usually when we act out towards our spouse it is due to resentment of some sort. If you work on your relationship and fix what you may feel is lacking, everything else changes. When you are happy and secure in your relationship love starts to bloom. It is with love that we do as we are asked. We start taking the initiative to be kind and make life easier for the other. Of course you don't want to listen to your husband if there is something laying underneath the surface. Be it resentment, jealousy or sometimes boredom, only the two of you can fix it. If it is sexual, discuss it. If you feel too shy or can't "talk", then try "being adventurous" and just do it. Most time you will find your husband is open to new and fresh ideas in the bedroom.  Maybe this will help with the looking at others and thinking about others. Sexual desires and satisfaction also help build the level of trust and closeness in a marriage so it can be a 2 for one deal. Talk to a close sister, friend or mother if you fear "lack of experience". Don't spill details of your lovelife or what happens in your bedroom, just ask questions about different things. We can learn without discussing private and personal matters that we share with our husbands.

Most of all sis remember, Allah is most merciful and forgiving. He is waiting for you. Rome was not built in a day. Don't give up on yourself. We all struggle it is a matter if we wanna fix it or not.

When the heart is sick and we have fallen. The smallest thing can help. Do dhikr. Read a few ayah a day.

I would also recommend Sh. Hamza Yusuf's lecture on "The poor man's book of assistance" It speaks of the heart, its illnesses and HOW to fix them.

Good luck sis. I am here if you need anything, just PM.

Hugs, Christine

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Sep 16, 2010 07:45 PM »

salam

I've been thinking about this post.

I'm really struck by the part where you say you feel you can't pray. Why can't you, if you can pray right now, just go and pray two nalf salat....why don't you think you can???

In all my life, there's always been one constant, it doesn't matter what I do, how I am, whenever I feel, sad, or lost, or happy, I pray salat. I have never felt I can't, I can, it is Allah who will decide whether my prayer is acceptable or not, however the Allah I know is the Beneficient, the Merciful, I hope never ever to lose sight of that Inshallah.

Also, my prayer is done out of love, seeking the love of my creator, out of gratitude for all the wonderfulness in my life Alhumdulillah my girls, my friends, my family Alhumdulillah Alhumdulillah Alhumdulillah...... I've never approached Allah from fear, always with love, I fear the anger of Allah but it is rather because I would not cause to anger one who's love I seek not because of the consequnces of incurring the wrath in the first place.....

I'm prolly not making much sense.

It's shaitaans whispers that tell you you cannot pray because you feel you are not on a level to stand and pray, we can all stand and pray in front of Allah.

You can pray, everyone can pray, right up till we die....So go pray.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Sep 17, 2010 09:33 AM »

"What is interesting about heedlessness is that everyone will eventually be cured of it, no matter the extent of this disease. The challenge is to be cured in this life, when it counts—when our obedience in the arena o...f tests and trials holds out meaning. The moment a person dies, veils are let down. Even the denizens of Hellfire will no longer live in the Hell of heedlessness. We were created to remember God, and if it takes the heat of Hell to remind some, then so be it. We ask God to make us among those who remember Him in this life and among those who are saved in the Hereafter."

Purification of the Heart, pg. 121, Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #9 on: Sep 17, 2010 11:32 AM »

Not to alarm you but just to make you aware so that you can get yourself back on the straight path, but you mentioned that you doubted in the existence of God. Not only is this a sin of the heart but it is also kufr/blasphemous.

The meaning of surat an- Nahl, v106, is "He who blasphemes after having believed will be severely punished by Allah.  Excluded is the one who is forced to blaspheme while one's heart is certain with faith and one is not pleased with blasphemy."

The scholars have therefore said that if one's heart is not certain, i.e. one has doubt, this means the person has blasphemed.  (The verse refers to the one who is excluded from blapshemy because one is *forced* to blaspheme with the threat of death but the *person's heart rejects the blasphemy*, i.e. one's heart does not accept the blasphemy at the time it is being said/done, so one has not actually blasphemed therefore.  This is a rare case and one assumes this is not your situation).  In order to become Muslim again one must repeat the shahadah in a language one understands, whilst knowing and believing in its meaning, and saying it with the tongue, and to leave what caused the blasphemy in the first place.  One must regret having committed the blasphemy and intend not to return to it again.

Whatever acts of worhsip are done whilst as a non-Muslim/blasphemer are not accepted.  You need to retestify/return to Islam by saying the shahadah and truly start learning about the religion so as to remove any doubts you've had about God.  Then start to busy yourself with whatever acts of worship you can do.

Maybe the reason you have been so unsettled is because the fact that you doubted in God rendered you a non-Muslim and this needed to be pointed out to you so you can rectify your situation insha'Allah, and your soul was troubled by this.

Although it must be shocking and scary to relasie yoy blasphemed by doubting in God, just thank God once you have returned to Islam that you were guided before you died insha'Allah.

Peace.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #10 on: Sep 18, 2010 08:01 AM »

Not to alarm you but just to make you aware so that you can get yourself back on the straight path, but you mentioned that you doubted in the existence of God. Not only is this a sin of the heart but it is also kufr/blasphemous.

The meaning of surat an- Nahl, v106, is "He who blasphemes after having believed will be severely punished by Allah.  Excluded is the one who is forced to blaspheme while one's heart is certain with faith and one is not pleased with blasphemy."

The scholars have therefore said that if one's heart is not certain, i.e. one has doubt, this means the person has blasphemed.  (The verse refers to the one who is excluded from blapshemy because one is *forced* to blaspheme with the threat of death but the *person's heart rejects the blasphemy*, i.e. one's heart does not accept the blasphemy at the time it is being said/done, so one has not actually blasphemed therefore.  This is a rare case and one assumes this is not your situation).  In order to become Muslim again one must repeat the shahadah in a language one understands, whilst knowing and believing in its meaning, and saying it with the tongue, and to leave what caused the blasphemy in the first place.  One must regret having committed the blasphemy and intend not to return to it again.

Whatever acts of worhsip are done whilst as a non-Muslim/blasphemer are not accepted.  You need to retestify/return to Islam by saying the shahadah and truly start learning about the religion so as to remove any doubts you've had about God.  Then start to busy yourself with whatever acts of worship you can do.

Maybe the reason you have been so unsettled is because the fact that you doubted in God rendered you a non-Muslim and this needed to be pointed out to you so you can rectify your situation insha'Allah, and your soul was troubled by this.

Although it must be shocking and scary to relasie yoy blasphemed by doubting in God, just thank God once you have returned to Islam that you were guided before you died insha'Allah.

Peace.

My intention here is not to argue or debate but just to put forward a point that has bothered me persistently. The original poster  mentioned that she doubted the exixtence of god but not that she denied the existence of god. Are two the same thing. Every questioning probing mind probably goes through this stage of doubt before finally accepting Islam....Is it or not.
Tyhe other thing that bothers me is what about those who have no access to the idea of Islam. Are they deserving of helllfire when they are titally unawrae of the warnings sent forth by god. There are uneducated people, there are dirt pooor people wo cant thnk beyond the issues of subsistence, there are people born in  totallly non-muslim atmosphere and titally unaware of what is u Isalm. What about those born  for example in non-muslim Indian families ....whwere islam does not even enjiy a reputable position.hey associate it with terrorism and stuff.(it hapns world over  but here it has traditional status). These are uneducated unaware people, not expected to derive by default to the point that they have to follow one god....Then do they deserve hell....
Whats your opinion on this matter.....
P.S: Lots of errrors in this post because I was not able to see the screen while typing (when the post gets too long the screen the text on the screen starts to move up and down constanty in the madina post box)
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Sep 18, 2010 11:01 AM »

salam

Is there a need for a highly educated mind to believe in one creator?

The level of understanding can vary, but it doesn't need a highly intellectual mind or vast education or even the knowledge of all the facets of Islam to believe in one creator.

In fact I think the stories of the prophets (as), point out that they arrived at the correct conclusion ie there is only one God, after thinking about what they were asked to worship instead, the story of Abraham (as)
When night outspread over him he saw a star and said, 'This is my Lord.' But when it set he said, 'I love not the setters.' When he saw the moon rising, he said, 'This is my Lord.' But when it set he said, 'If my Lord does not guide me I shall surely be of the people gone astray.' When he saw the sun rising, he said, 'This is my Lord; this is greater!' But when it set he said, 'O my people, surely I am quit of that you associate. I have turned my face to Him who originated the heavens and the earth, a man of pure faith; I am not of the idolaters.'

There's an urdu saying dhoond nai sey toh Khuda bhe milta hai

If you search hard enough you can even find God

I think those who truly want to be guided, pray for guidance, and Allah guides those whom he so wills. Inshallah.

My personal take.

Wassalaam

peace
Sis

peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #12 on: Sep 18, 2010 11:53 AM »

Thanks Sr. Fozia....Some relief
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #13 on: Sep 18, 2010 04:40 PM »

ws,

After thinking about this thread I find the original post very disturbing. I think there are some real issues of Aqeedah and Imaan involved because it just doesn't sound normal for a Muslim to make up a list of sins and be so blase about it. And then to say that intellectual and spiritual arguments don't affect them! (I am happy they posted though because it shows at least some recognition that there's something wrong.)

The first thing they need to do is, as second anonymous mentioned, go back and re-examine their faith, start over and learn about Islam and reaffirm if they believe or not. I think that is the crux of the matter. And we can discuss whether "doubt" means "deny" or not, but it really amounts to the same thing. This 'doubt' is making them not 'believe' consistently hence there is no Ibadah, action or following of any Islamic rules. After all, what is the point of doing anything Islamic when one doesn't believe in Islam.

Secondly, I think what he/she should do is sit down and make two columns on a piece of paper. Write Muslim on one column and non-Muslim on the other. Then write down their actions and see if a non-Muslim does it or an equivalent of it. If there is no difference I would be very scared for them.

As to the question of those people who never learn about Islam/hear only distorted versions etc, etc, this goes back to belief in God. If you believe in God, there is no question in believing that He is all-Wise, all-Knowing. After all, He created us and one of His attributes is the Most Just. There is no way He cannot be UnJust. He is THE Just. Once that is there, the rest is easy. That all those that never heard about Islam etc will be tested not in this life, but on the Day of Judgment, as according to Hadith. 

Also, let's be honest, it's very rare that you'll find some aboriginal tribe somewhere that's never heard of anything. God knows each person and knows if they were given a chance somehow and if they took it or not. I'm constantly surprised when I read about certain people in history and how they came to know about Islam, by knowing Muslim ppl, traveling to Muslim lands or reading about it. Even like great English poets and painters in the 18th c. and stuff. They just chose not to go that path and God knows their choices and will grant His Mercy or Punishment based upon that. Lastly, we are not the judge of who goes to Hell or not so should refrain from asking 'why does this person deserve Hell'.

Sarah Amena
Sis

Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #14 on: Sep 18, 2010 05:23 PM »

I was just rereading the original post and subanAllah I am surprised that I derived such a different interpretation of her problem compared to the others on the forum.  I took it as a sister seeking guidance and support from her Muslim sisters/brothers. It takes a lot of courage to list all of your sins even if it is anonymous. At least she is admitting her faults and recognizing that she has done wrong. I am just surprised that this thread has taken on such a different path...  We are here to try and help and guide not to judge and question her faith.
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Sep 18, 2010 06:28 PM »

Asalam Alaikum,

I agree with sister Amena but I feel that is what everyone's intention was in the beginning, to help and support her. However the more posts we got the more we went on into judging her Iman and Aqeedah, even if you may be right we can not do that.

We've all been down this road, I am sure. Some of us at an early age and some later on. This sister is going through a rough time and she needs our support not judgments. May be it's the environment she is in that is making her feel this way. Our level of Iman fluctuates from minute to minute and situation to situation. I find it so much easier to pray, do dhikr, read the Quran, memorize surahs, etc. when I am with a Jamaat or in the Masjid. When something is bothering me, I find it hard to concentrate on whatever I am doing. I really believe that there is more to her situation than what she is stating or realizes. My advice would be to go to the Masjid and spend some time praying and making du'a for guidance from Allah. And to resolve any other issues that may be bothering you causing you to lose concentration and start feeling the way you are right now.

Honestly sis, as an online community we can do so much, this is something that no one can fix for you. You have to sit down and basically start fresh, forget the past completely. Start fresh and imagine yourself with a clean plate and try to make the dish again. Allah is the most merciful and the forgiving and you have to thank Allah for giving you this chance of fixing your mistakes. You really have to realize the generosity of Allah, it is Allah's will that you are alive today and if He wanted to, He could have ordered your life to end when you were at the lowest level of Iman. Instead you are alive and well inshAllah and you are given another chance to better your situation. Don't delay any longer.

Also read these articles.
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=1946&CATE=150
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=13903&CATE=24

Assalamu Alaikum
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Sep 18, 2010 06:33 PM »

Walaikum salaam wrt,

Jazaks br ilyas and amena, good points. I'm sorry if anyone thought we were judging her. We obviously don't know the person or the surrounding circumstances. It's hard to discuss this online based upon one post and the person being anonymous. Perhaps we can just post things we do to "overcome our sins".
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #17 on: Sep 19, 2010 07:11 AM »

Salaam I am posting anonymous so that I dont do an additional sin of exposing my sins.

No one on this board, including this writer, is perfect. If not for others, I can at least say for myself this : There is a shade of each point mentioned. But sin is a matter of accountability and punishment between Allah and the slave. Admission of it is great, but doing something about it is more greater. Repent and increase you good deeds. That wud compensate. You cant undo the past, but you can make the present better.

remember, your sins cant beat the Mercy of Allah.

Drive the car of your Life fastening the seat belt of Allah's Fear & Love Smiley

Allah knows best.

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #18 on: Sep 27, 2010 11:03 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

A bit late but I hope these words will help.

Anyone reading this can easily say that this is what every one does so I should seek forgivness and try to be steadfast in future

There’s a difference between the act of making taubah (and returning towards Allah) and actually realising that taubah through change of conduct etc.

It may well be that you can do the first but are having problems with the second and as a result you feel like you should just give up on the first as well.

In the famous hadith about the man who killed 99 and then 100 men, the taubah was finally made even though the realization of that taubah wasn’t able to be carried out to its completion.

Our Prophet saw used to seek forgiveness more than 70 times a day (and he was forgiven his past and future sins) so therein is an indication of the importance and greatness of istighfar and the act of returning to our Creator.

On a final more practical note, just list your transgressions and contemplate how and when these sins arose. If you can identify how you fell into these situations and make a conscious effort to avoid the same scenarios, inshaAllah you will start to see the benefit within yourself.

The saying goes that it’s not over until the fat lady sings but in Islam it’s not over until the soul reaches the throat so if that hasn’t happened yet, you (and we) all still have time to make amends for anything / everything we may have done.

That, indeed, is a true blessing in itself and should be something to reflect upon!!

InshaAllah may Allah make it easy upon you bro

Wasalaam
BrKhalid

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: