Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quetions On Sufism And Islam.  (Read 3017 times)
Abu-Fauzi
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Abu-Fauzi has no influence :(

« on: Sep 21, 2010 10:33 PM »

May I share a certain work I came across on Questions And Answers on Sufism, religion, sufi practices, family, marriage etc by Head of a Sufi Order. It is informative, illuminating on issues covered....it's herewith attached. Enjoy it.
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2010 10:54 PM »

Asalam Alaikum,

If I may ask a question, everything that happens is because Allah wills it correct? So how can someone say "...it is by the breath and actions of the Holy Prophet Mohammed(saw) that this world is alive and prospering?"

I am not making a comment on whether Sufism is wrong, I am just asking a sincere question.

Assalamu Alaikum
Abu-Fauzi
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Abu-Fauzi has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2010 12:19 AM »

Brother Ilyas raised a question above on a point relative to the post preceding it, which I was previleged to start. He noted that everything that happens is because Allah Tabaraka Wa Ta'ala wills it...thus how can someone say, ''it is by the breath and action of the Holy Prophet, peace be upon him, that this world is alive and prosper?''. Indeed, all that happens is by the will of Allah Ta'ala.
    Now, for satisfactory, incisive answer to bro. Ilyas question I hope he meets a Sufi Master to fully explain the issue to him... I am only a novice. I will, however, venture a comment to your question, Ilyas, not an answer...because I started the Post under discussion and I love Sufis and Sufism. My point of departure in doing this is Ayat 21 of Surat Hashr of the Holy Quran (59:21)--
                   ''Had we sent down this Quran on a mountain, Verily,
                      thou would have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder''.
  If a mountain, eg mount Everest would be rendered to dust from that power of the Quran, what would one think of the one carrying that power in his heart, Sayyidina Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, from day one? It means we are not really understanding who is Syyidina Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam. He is a human being, but not like you, me or him. He was able to receive the power behind all creation through his physical being. That is why Allah Ta'ala says, ''Truly, you ( O Muhammad) are of a sublime nature''.--al- Qalam,68:4 He, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, never said anything from his own will...he has no will of his own, no ego. He is the  example of perfect submission to Divine Will.  Now, when Sufis say things happen by the breath and action of such a perfect Servant of Allah, I think it is from this perspective that one may approach the matter for an appreciation of what is meant...but like I said in the begining, I hope brother Ilyas will meet a qualified Sufi Master for further understanding of the matter at hand... Alhamd Lillah...Wallahu A'alam.
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2010 01:43 AM »

Brother Ilyas raised a question above on a point relative to the post preceding it, which I was previleged to start. He noted that everything that happens is because Allah Tabaraka Wa Ta'ala wills it...thus how can someone say, ''it is by the breath and action of the Holy Prophet, peace be upon him, that this world is alive and prosper?''. Indeed, all that happens is by the will of Allah Ta'ala.
    Now, for satisfactory, incisive answer to bro. Ilyas question I hope he meets a Sufi Master to fully explain the issue to him... I am only a novice. I will, however, venture a comment to your question, Ilyas, not an answer...because I started the Post under discussion and I love Sufis and Sufism. My point of departure in doing this is Ayat 21 of Surat Hashr of the Holy Quran (59:21)--
                   ''Had we sent down this Quran on a mountain, Verily,
                      thou would have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder''.
  If a mountain, eg mount Everest would be rendered to dust from that power of the Quran, what would one think of the one carrying that power in his heart, Sayyidina Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, from day one? It means we are not really understanding who is Syyidina Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam. He is a human being, but not like you, me or him. He was able to receive the power behind all creation through his physical being. That is why Allah Ta'ala says, ''Truly, you ( O Muhammad) are of a sublime nature''.--al- Qalam,68:4 He, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, never said anything from his own will...he has no will of his own, no ego. He is the  example of perfect submission to Divine Will.  Now, when Sufis say things happen by the breath and action of such a perfect Servant of Allah, I think it is from this perspective that one may approach the matter for an appreciation of what is meant...but like I said in the begining, I hope brother Ilyas will meet a qualified Sufi Master for further understanding of the matter at hand... Alhamd Lillah...Wallahu A'alam.

I am sorry the only thing I got from your post was the fact that Hadhrat Muhammad(saw) was a man of great character and a perfect Muslim and that Mountains will break apart from the fear of Allah. Yes you're right Allahu A'lam. Anyways I wish you well brother.

Assalamu Alaikum
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2010 03:40 AM »

Salam,

There are a lot of things in the above document that the majority of scholars would object to... things like you can practice tassawuf even if you are non-muslim!, the concepts of wahdat al wujood, al-hallaj, ali radiahu as the first sufi??? excuse me and all the sahaba before him and Muhammad saw himself were not? ali and muhammad saw the same i don't think so, and other things...it's quite shirky if you ask me, please see a scholar with this document. Interesting that it mentions that you can only get contentment if you follow *their sufi order and leader* and no one else. Surrendering your will to another living human being?? Really??!!?

I think we're going to have to go back to our old rule of keeping this sufism vs salafism stuff a banned topic. As such please refrain from posting controversial things like this.

Jazakamullahu khairan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: