Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 19, 2014 08:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: This is the winter of our dawah.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats good, Whats not? (Skin/hair/makeup products)  (Read 13676 times)
umm ibraheem
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
umm ibraheem has no influence :(

« Reply #25 on: Apr 02, 2012 11:55 PM »

I like Juice Organics and Juice Beauty. Juice Beauty has a peel, it has acids but they are from fruit and it works very well.  And no parabens, and other bad stuff.

I have only heard good things about argan oil, haven't tried it though. But i've tried Camellia seed oil and its real nice as well, good for face and hair. newdirectionsaromatics.com has good prices on the oils.
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #26 on: Apr 03, 2012 12:08 AM »

What sort of acid is in that Tea Tree Face Mask? If its salyscilic acid, its actually really good for removing pimples/blackheads.
Body Shop has great products, I love all their makeup and their cherry blossom perfume and the new "dreams unlimited" perfume is sooo nice!.

my best friend swears by the tea tree products made by body shop, so i dont think you can go wrong there.

I mostly use Loreal for face cleansing, moisturizing, shampoo/conditioner... and my foundation/powder.
The rest of my makeup is a mix of the body shop and some covergirl stuff like the new natureluxe products.

trust me on one thing girls: dont mix too many products around on ur face --- all the different acids/chemicals/ingredients dont mix well and u end up creating pimples/acne more than u end up solving it.

btw my 10 year old sister is in love with taylor swift, and she wants me to buy the new wonderstruck perfume... and although it does smell gorgeous, i just dont think perfume for a 10 year old is a good idea... what do you guys think?
umm ibraheem
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
umm ibraheem has no influence :(

« Reply #27 on: Apr 03, 2012 04:30 AM »

Here is a good pocket guide as to which ingredients to avoid http://www.gilldeacon.ca/tips.php
from the author of there's lead in your lipstick
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #28 on: Apr 03, 2012 05:31 PM »

salam

I've not bought my girls perfume but they've never asked.

I think I would if they asked to be honest. A small sized bottle.

I'd rather they get it all out of their system now then go crazy at an older age where I'll have no control.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #29 on: Apr 04, 2012 05:05 AM »

Assalaamualikum,

I know I am going a little off the track...but I needed to ask.
Is it ok to use perfumes with alcohol in it?
austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #30 on: Apr 04, 2012 09:25 AM »

Alcohol is only not allowed for eating/drinking. Chemically, no matter what it is in, it is all the same. Its use in areas like sterilizing wounds, cleaning products, perfume, etc is fine. Its just drinking/consumption of alcohol that is forbidden -- for the reason that it gets you drunk, and ruins your liver. Its haram for that reason. Perfume with alcohol wont have these effects.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #31 on: Apr 04, 2012 06:12 PM »

ws,

Yes i believe the majority view is that alcohol is not najis so can be used in perfumes....

As for Bodyshop I think that tea tree line is their best selling product cuz it's awesome! I have the cleanser, toner, and facial mask, not sure what else they have but they have a cute trial set that you could get to start out, or at least start out with the mask or cleanser.

The peels I was talking about has some kind of high percentage of acid and basically it's supposed to burn your skin just enough to make it peel off and get new skin to come out after a few days. Again this just sounds really scary to me Wink I think I'd rather pay up for a good facial!!
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #32 on: Apr 04, 2012 09:21 PM »

salam

Well if you're going to do the facial peel you may wish to do it during a week when you will not need to step outside the house! Doesn't sound like a 'quick fix'

Body shop sell a black head remover wand too, anyone use it? I don't have any blackheads otherwise I'd buy it. Looks most gorily satisfying!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #33 on: Apr 04, 2012 10:30 PM »

my sister and I are getting a free facial dermabrasion that she won at work ... we'll have it done on monday, so ill let you know what stuff we used and how it went Smiley
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #34 on: Apr 11, 2012 05:18 PM »

How'd the dermal abrasion go austmuslimah? Was that different from the other stuff you got?

BTW hair stuff ladies.. I LOVE this stuff:

John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo and Conditioner!

austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #35 on: Apr 11, 2012 10:54 PM »

the dermabrasion was good, but then they did all this other "plumping serums" on my eyes and lips, and my eyes got really swollen and puffy and painful like an hour after getting it done.... still a bit puffy. I have trouble getting my contacts in. i considered going to the doctor/optemetrist but its so embarassing to say "yes i had hyaluronic acid plumping serum doe as part of a facial dermabrasion".

sis j is john frieda shampoo really good? ive always wanted to try it, but i usually stick to loreal  -- does the john frieda keep your hair straight/smooth? and oil-free ?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #36 on: Apr 12, 2012 02:52 AM »

i'm not sure about oil free but i feel like it really works esp for desi hair!  maybe u could buy a trial size and try it out first?
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #37 on: Apr 12, 2012 04:57 AM »

"yes i had hyaluronic acid plumping serum doe as part of a facial dermabrasion".
yikes!! that sounds like rubbing your face with sandpaper and then pouring acid on it  Roll Eyes
it's amazing to see what lengths people can go to Grin
austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #38 on: Apr 12, 2012 09:25 AM »

"yes i had hyaluronic acid plumping serum doe as part of a facial dermabrasion".
yikes!! that sounds like rubbing your face with sandpaper and then pouring acid on it  Roll Eyes
it's amazing to see what lengths people can go to Grin

actually it was so out of the blue! one minute im having a normal face scrub done, the next the lady is running some cream over my eyes and lips, and one shes told me what it was, the most colorful words floated through my mind.

this is the one and only time ill ever have this done -- free facial or not.

i think i might give the mini john frieda shampoo/conditioner a try, esp if you say its great on desi hair! thanks sis j ill let u know

anyhow this is such a girly conversation, bro akhan --- ud better watch out, our "flawed logic" is something u wont be able to handle :p
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #39 on: Apr 12, 2012 12:07 PM »

anyhow this is such a girly conversation, bro akhan --- ud better watch out, our "flawed logic" is something u wont be able to handle :p
I'm gathering that
austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #40 on: Apr 15, 2012 12:07 PM »

Body Shop Makeup Remover --- really really awesome Cheesy
akhan
Bro

« Reply #41 on: Apr 15, 2012 04:54 PM »

I can see more of the flawed logic here Grin
Why would anybody want to paint their faces and then want to remove it only to put on something different! Tongue
silver
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
silver has no influence :(

« Reply #42 on: Apr 15, 2012 07:00 PM »

For those of you who are ok with oiling the hair Parachute coconut oil is a must try.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #43 on: Apr 15, 2012 07:11 PM »

For those of you who are ok with oiling the hair Parachute coconut oil is a must try.
Ugh!! My mum used to rub our heads with that when we were little. I hate its smell Angry
austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #44 on: Apr 16, 2012 12:28 AM »

I can see more of the flawed logic here Grin
Why would anybody want to paint their faces and then want to remove it only to put on something different! Tongue

Huh?? I think you're being silly on purpose

At the end of the day, or when you come home from work, dont you wash your face?
Well make-up remover + face washing is important to clean your face fully everyday.

akhan
Bro

« Reply #45 on: Apr 16, 2012 03:50 AM »

Huh?? I think you're being silly on purpose
aha..see, that's how men feel when they're bombarded with flawed logic Grin
Nafs
« Reply #46 on: Apr 17, 2012 04:31 AM »

I got a chemical peel done lately ... it was less painful then the one I got years ago! and yes as Sr. Fozia said, make sure you don't have anything going on for like 6/7 days?

umm products...

I just got this lip stuff > http://www.sephora.com/everlasting-liquid-love-lipstick-P303315?skuId=1366343#BVRRWidgetID

I like it! I like the matte finish it has...
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #47 on: Apr 17, 2012 07:14 PM »

I bought the Sleek make up palette in sunset.  Has anyone else used it?  It's become a popular brand through beauty bloggers online.  I really like it.  It's good value for money and the shades are very pigmented.  

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #48 on: Apr 18, 2012 12:20 PM »

Hand sanitizer: any brand, but I prefer the mini dettol bottle that you can store in your purse. You never know what you can pick up. Keep your hands clean!!!
akhan
Bro

« Reply #49 on: Apr 18, 2012 12:23 PM »

Hand sanitizer: any brand, but I prefer the mini dettol bottle that you can store in your purse. You never know what you can pick up. Keep your hands clean!!!
typical ABCD Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: