// UN names Muslim woman scientist who will talk to aliens for Earth!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Say the truth even if it may be bitter. - Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UN names Muslim woman scientist who will talk to aliens for Earth!  (Read 1280 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Sep 28, 2010 05:35 AM »

This is... I dunno  Shocked
===================

UN names official space 'host'

NYPOST

E.T. -- phone the UN!

If an alien ever lands in your back yard and says, "Take me to your leader," the United Nations is giving you someone to call.

Mazlan Othman, an obscure Malaysian scientist, will be named as the Earth's official alien-spacecraft greeter. She's expected to announce her new role at a conference next week.

While Hollywood and most Americans assume the president of the United States would speak to aliens on behalf of earthlings, the United Nations thinks real extraterrestrials should get a more globalized response.

Othman, head of the UN Office for Outer Space Affairs, backs that view.
Mazlan Othman
REUTERS
Mazlan Othman

"The continued search for extraterrestrial communication, by several entities, sustains the hope that someday humankind will receive signals from extraterrestrials," she said in a recording of a recent speech, reported by the Sunday Times of London.

"When we do, we should have in place a coordinated response that takes into account all the sensitivities related to the subject. The UN is a ready-made mechanism for such coordination."

At the upcoming conference in Britain, Othman is expected to tell delegates that the recent discovery of hundreds of planets around other stars has made the detection of extraterrestrial life more likely than ever before -- and that means the United Nations must be ready to coordinate humanity's response to any "first contact."

Othman is an astrophysicist who got her Ph.D. in New Zealand.

Scientists who work with her say her job is essentially to be the mouthpiece for mankind.

"Othman is absolutely the nearest thing we have to a 'Take me to your leader' person," said professor Richard Crowther, a space law expert with the United Kingdom Space Agency.

Alien arrivals aren't the only cinematic-style issues that Othman's office investigates.

It's also in charge of deciding what to do if a deadly asteroid is found to be on a collision course with Earth.

The last UN official picked as Earth's official mouthpiece provoked controversy.

In 1977, two Voyager spacecraft went into space with recordings that were meant to be a message from Earth to intelligent life in the galaxy.

The voice on the message, however, belonged to then UN Secretary-General Kurt Waldheim, who was later discovered to have been an enthusiastic member of the Nazi party during World War II.

Mohamed
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Mohamed has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2010 08:27 AM »

Just for One day!  Smiley

Mazlan Othman replied to The Guardian by an e-mail saying, "It sounds really cool but I have to deny it."
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2010 09:42 AM »

Doesn't this alien stuff sound stupid to you guys?
I wonder why people spend billions on research which has a high probability of revealing nothing.
Moreover,I guess if there is no mention of aliens in the Quran then they don't really exist or even if they do we will never find them.
The whole concept of extra terrestrial life seems immensely naive to me.
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2010 06:26 PM »

I had to read this when I saw the title.

Allahu Alam, but I tend to agree with Br. Akhan. Sounds silly. All that money wasted when children are starving to death. Why waste time trying to talk to ET when we can't even talk amongst ourselves.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2010 02:25 PM »

I'm sure we would consider Jinn to be extra terrestrial.

Check this out. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100929/ap_on_sc/us_sci_new_earths

Maybe we'll have a new planet to fight over  Wink

t
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2010 06:30 PM »

I'm sure we would consider Jinn to be extra terrestrial.

Check this out. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100929/ap_on_sc/us_sci_new_earths

Maybe we'll have a new planet to fight over  Wink

t

lol..good point sis,but we still won't have a one on one encounter with them and that's reason enough to stop wasting money on the research
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: