// Americans don't know much about religion
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The 'best awareness [ma'rifa] is for a man to have self-awareness. And the best knowledge ['ilm] is for a man to stop at the limit of his knowledge.' - Shaykh Abdullah Adhami
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Americans don't know much about religion  (Read 750 times)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« on: Sep 28, 2010 08:05 PM »

Interesting article about a survey taken by Americans:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_rel_religious_literacy_poll

Here is the link to the survey:
(take it before you read the article Wink )

http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-religious-knowledge

Interesting thing, at the end, when they break down the respondents, there's no mention of Muslims...
I wonder how we would compare to other religious groups...

Do you know your world religions, or not...?

Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2010 10:58 PM »

I took the test You answered 14 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 93%. Missed this one.. grrr.. 11. According to rulings by the U.S. Supreme Court, is a public school teacher permitted to read from the Bible as an example of literature, or not?

Interesting article but was sad to see they did not have muslims. It said they could not find enough... Are you kidding me.... ummm... no comment.

I love religions, it is my hobby, all my free time is learning about them. Alhamdulillah that passion led me to Islam.

Thanks for posting sis!!

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2010 11:40 PM »

I got 12/15, hee hee!

I'm rather pleased considering that a few of the questions were about American educational policies which I haven't a clue about.  I also have no idea about a Great Reformation but I got it right anyway Smiley

How come atheists and agnostics did better than christians?  Do they study up on it so they can dispute it?  It's rather amusing. 

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2010 07:54 PM »

salam

I got ten, american politics is clearly not my forte...nor american religion!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: