// Ayodhya site verdict: 3-way Division
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer.” Muhammad Ali quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ayodhya site verdict: 3-way Division  (Read 833 times)
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« on: Sep 30, 2010 02:37 PM »

Personally, I think this sucks, to put it lightly. Also, it's been something always in the back of my mind, not only because my family is mostly Indian, but my cousin brothers and sisters, when I was younger, would never fail to remind me that it occurred on a day otherwise known for a happy occasion - my birth -BABA.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Division of India holy site ordered
Religious complex in Ayodhya claimed by both Muslim and Hindu communities to be divided into three parts.

A disputed Indian holy site in Ayodhya claimed by both Muslims and Hindus is to be divided among three religious groups.

The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court issued the much anticipated order on Thursday. Each of the three judges in the case - SU Khan, Sudhir Agarwal, and DV Sharma - issued their own summary of the judgment.

The judges gave control of the main disputed section of the site, where a mosque was torn down in 1992, to Hindus. Other parts of the site will be controlled by Muslims and another Hindu sect.

Officials urged all communities to remain calm and respect the high court's verdict.

The Associated Press news agency quoted a lawyer for the Muslim community as saying he would appeal the ruling. A final decision could take years to emerge.

'Partly disappointed'

The main Muslim group contesting the religious site said it was "partly disappointed" by the verdict.

"The suit of Muslims were liable to be dismissed. But they are still entitled to one third of the site," Zafaryab Jilani, the lawyer for the Babri Masjid Action Committee, told reporters.

"We can say we are partly disappointed not fully because some of the stand of the Muslims has been vindicated."

Authorities in India tightened security across the country in advance of the ruling, with the police arresting more than 7,000 people as a preventive measure.

"Security measures have been enormous," Al Jazeera's Divya Gopalan reported from Lucknow.

"In the financial city of Mumbai we have seen over 10,000 policemen on the streets. So far we haven’t heard of any unrest yet," she said.

The demolition of the mosque in the 1990s led to one of the country's worst riots since independence.

India's supreme court cleared the way on Tuesday for the lower court to decide on the ownership of the Babri mosque, over which the Hindus and Muslims have quarrelled for more than centuries.

Hindu groups say the mosque stood on the birthplace of their god-king Rama and was built only after the destruction of the longstanding Hindu temple by Muslim invaders in the 16th century.

The dispute flared up in 1992 after a Hindu mob destroyed the mosque and nearly 2,000 were killed in rioting between Hindus and Muslims across the country.

Manmohan Singh, India's prime minister, has described the 60-year-old Babri mosque-Ram temple case as one of the biggest security challenges in India - in addition to the Maoist campaign and the Kashmiri separatist uprising.

In the western state of Gujarat, police have stepped up security at railway stations, bus terminals, shopping centres and were frisking all vehicles entering into the state.

SHS Khandwawala, Gujarat's police chief, said more than 70,000 security personnel have been deployed to ensure there is no violence in the state which witnessed nearly 2,000 deaths in 2002 violence between Hindus and Muslims.

Source: Al Jazeera

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2010 06:26 PM »

ws,

It's perhaps the only thing they could do to prevent riots/all out war. But why give 2/3 to hindus??? half and half seems like a better division. And they should have created a committee of 'interfaith' minded people to actually build it to make sure it includes stuff for both. If only to show that people can live and worship together in peace, especially in such a religiously diverse place such as india.
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2010 07:10 PM »

Personally, I think this sucks, to be it lightly. Also, it's been something always in the back of my mind, not only because my family is mostly Indian, but my cousin brothers and sisters, when I was younger, would never fail to remind me that it occurred on a day otherwise known for a happy occasion - my birth -BABA.

lol..good way of giving away your birthday Wink

ws,

It's perhaps the only thing they could do to prevent riots/all out war. But why give 2/3 to hindus??? half and half seems like a better division. And they should have created a committee of 'interfaith' minded people to actually build it to make sure it includes stuff for both. If only to show that people can live and worship together in peace, especially in such a religiously diverse place such as india.

Well,they're gonna file another petition in the Supreme Court seeking a stay on the High Court order so you can be assured that actual possession is not gonna take place for another decade or two or maybe more..Allahualam

Coming to the verdict,yes,this was one of two ways to prevent rioting because if it had gone to the Muslims then there would've been a high chance of another massacre.
And 2/3 and 1/3 is just a delusion..the whole 2.7 acre piece of land has been declared "Ram Janmabhoomi" out of which the Wakf Board will get 1/3.

Interfaith committees are a rarity in India.I live in Hyderabad and I've never heard about such a concept here.The reason behind it is the mass fragmentation and politicization of every fragment of the society.Add on corruption and red tape to that and you get one big society where the general public is either scared of taking an initiative or doesn't want to get itself into a swampy rut.

The educated people of urban India don't really care what happens.The Indian general election is considered the biggest exercise of democratic franchise in the world but the western world doesn't know what happens within it.Last time there was a constituency in Mumbai which recorded a near 0% voter turnout.People who lived there said they didn't vote coz no matter who wins,everything is still gonna be the same.
So,the point is that this verdict doesn't really matter to most people..its just the politicians who've kept this issue in the limelight to use it as a platform to fulfill their political aspirations.The sad part is that they have the support of the illiterate rural people who think of these politicians as their saviors.And the rural people are the majority which makes it all the more worse.

I'll stop here lest this turns into a rant..lol

Nonetheless,I had a really nice time today Cheesy..public life ground to a halt due to fear of rioting and stuff.
While my mum and siblings were busy watching the news I chose to live in oblivion and peace.Made myself some pakoras and happily munched away while watching a movie Grin.After the verdict, everybody came downstairs so I went up and had some really deserving sleep Cheesy.All this when the rest of the country was up and alert..lol
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2010 07:46 PM »

ws,

You are probably right Sis J - that had to split it for sure, otherwise there would have been trouble, one way or another, but yeah 50/50 sounds better.

Well,they're gonna file another petition in the Supreme Court seeking a stay on the High Court order so you can be assured that actual possession is not gonna take place for another decade or two or maybe more..Allahualam

The educated people of urban India don't really care what happens.The Indian general election is considered the biggest exercise of democratic franchise in the world but the western world doesn't know what happens within it.Last time there was a constituency in Mumbai which recorded a near 0% voter turnout.People who lived there said they didn't vote coz no matter who wins,everything is still gonna be the same.
So,the point is that this verdict doesn't really matter to most people..its just the politicians who've kept this issue in the limelight to use it as a platform to fulfill their political aspirations.The sad part is that they have the support of the illiterate rural people who think of these politicians as their saviors.And the rural people are the majority which makes it all the more worse.

I'll stop here lest this turns into a rant..lol

Nonetheless,I had a really nice time today Cheesy..public life ground to a halt due to fear of rioting and stuff.
While my mum and siblings were busy watching the news I chose to live in oblivion and peace.Made myself some pakoras and happily munched away while watching a movie Grin.After the verdict, everybody came downstairs so I went up and had some really deserving sleep Cheesy.All this when the rest of the country was up and alert..lol

As for the first part of your statement akhan bhai - yeah, the politics in India is just a game for the politiicnas, but seems like the people, other than those that you mention who take those politicians as their saviors, are stuck with the same really, regardless of who wins, still the corruption, etc.

omA - MAKE ME SOME PAKORAS TOO PLEASE!!!! Grin Grin Grin  . . . sorry got distracted there . . lol . . . . .I have to admit, I am a news junky, so I probably would have been like your Amma and siblings and glued to the TV. Though of course, wtih some issues, it is clearly just made a parade of sorts, a drama again, in the name of politics, so this possibly I could have skipped . .eh, anyways.

But as you said bro - it'll be another 10 yrs + before anything becomes final for real.

BABA
 desibro
PS Whoever gave me the rep (woohoo!), thanks!   Smiley

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2010 02:07 AM »

As for the first part of your statement akhan bhai - yeah, the politics in India is just a game for the politiicnas, but seems like the people, other than those that you mention who take those politicians as their saviors, are stuck with the same really, regardless of who wins, still the corruption, etc.

omA - MAKE ME SOME PAKORAS TOO PLEASE!!!! Grin Grin Grin  . . . sorry got distracted there . . lol . . . . .I have to admit, I am a news junky, so I probably would have been like your Amma and siblings and glued to the TV. Though of course, wtih some issues, it is clearly just made a parade of sorts, a drama again, in the name of politics, so this possibly I could have skipped . .eh, anyways.

But as you said bro - it'll be another 10 yrs + before anything becomes final for real.

BABA
 desibro
PS Whoever gave me the rep (woohoo!), thanks!   Smiley

Well,we're stuck with the same politicians coz the people who vote them into power(aka rural and ignorant India) outnumber the sane public by a huge margin.

I am a news junkie too..but coz I already knew that this verdict wasn't gonna make too much of a difference I chose to skip it for something more deserving Wink
And you can have the pakoras when you come to India next time..till then have a bebzi bebzi
BigZ
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
BigZ has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2010 09:57 PM »

Honestly, all this is 'Division' business is meaningless. If you look at the blueprint, the 2/3 area given to Hindus is clearly demarcated and the 1/3 rd area is 'unspecified'. And as Bro. Khan pointed out, the more important development is that they recognized it as Ram's birthplace. Fact of the matter is that Muslims lost the Mosque on 6th Dec 1992 when the BJP kar-sevaks demolished it.

But the good news is that there were no untoward incidents after this verdict. That is because most Indians have moved on. I came back from a visit to India couple of weeks back and I was very happy to see that the 8% year-on-year economic growth means that many Muslims are now doing better than before. There are more Muslims professionals, more Muslim entrepreneurs even in areas that they would not traditionally venture.

Muslims have to become an economic force in order to be counted in India. Because money moves politics everywhere, not just in India.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: