// the best chocolate chip cookies you'll ever have
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Mercy: The Prophet said: 'Show mercy to those on earth so that He who is in heaven will have mercy on you.' (Sunan At-TirmidhĂ®)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the best chocolate chip cookies you'll ever have  (Read 4243 times)
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« on: Feb 21, 2008 06:14 PM »

peace be upon you

these are delicious. i tried them. modified from a recipe of chef michael smith

ingredients

1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter ( 1 stick)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 packet maple brown sugar breakfast  instant oats (e.g  quaker's)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips

cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie cookie

take butter out of fridge 2 hrs b4 starting
cut butter into chuncks
soften the butter with a fork
add sugar to butter and mix well
beat the egg lightly in a small bowl then mix with butter/sugar
add flour, oats, salt, baking powder and work into the butter sugar mix ( i used my hands because it is kinda stiff)
add chocolate chips and mix well

batter will be hard. don't add liquid

spoon batter onto a baking sheet

bake for 10 min in 375 F oven

cool for 15 min,  then store   

your kids will love these.
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2008 08:31 AM »

Assalamualaikum,

That sounds yummy, I'll try it out today inshallah when and if I get the time.

Just a couple of questions:

Do you know if the maple brown sugar breakfast thingy can be found in the UK? Is it okay to use normal porridge oats? or rolled oats?

Also:
1 cup chocolate chip cookies

do not you mean chocolate chips?  Smiley

Wassalam,
a_desert_rose
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2008 09:26 AM »

Thanx for the recipe I might try it some day, but I'm sooooooo an instant person lately... Toll House frozen chocolate chip cookie dough... ummmmm amazing... buy it... put the squares on the cookie sheet. 11 minutes later........ YUmmmness

um aboodi
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2008 02:00 PM »

peace be upon you

sorry, i corrected the ingredients, you are right it is chocolate chips *not* cookies.

instant oats or quick oats will do fine.  not sure if quaker instant oats are available in the uk. 

here is a link on how the product looks

http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/qo_ourProducts/instantQuakerOatmeal/lowerSugar/product.cfm

BTW, Jannah, you can freeze this dough too.  wrap it in waxed paper then in a freezer bag. you can precut before freezing.

take care
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2008 06:25 PM »

I don't think we can get the Nestle Toll House cookies here in the UK, I couldn't find it in Sainsbury's.... I didn't even get that joke in Friends when Monica's trying to replicate Phoebe's grandmothers cookies till I found out about the whole Toll House thing (I don't know if anyone watches Friends here).

Wassalam,
a_desert_rose
ume bilal
Sis

Reputation Power: 9
ume bilal has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2008 01:46 AM »

Assalamo Ailkum.
Is all purpose flour what here in the UK is known as self raising flour or plain flour...It mentions a batter, so would you have to spoon it on to baking tray rather than slice beforhand.
Thanks a lot.
Salaams.
JJ
um aboodi
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Feb 29, 2008 10:53 PM »

Assalamo Ailkum.
Is all purpose flour what here in the UK is known as self raising flour or plain flour...It mentions a batter, so would you have to spoon it on to baking tray rather than slice beforhand.
Thanks a lot.
Salaams.
JJ

Salam Ume Bilal

I used plain flour. 

you can slice or spoon batter onto the baking tray, whatever works for you. 

wassalam
Barr
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Barr has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2009 09:24 PM »

Wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullah,

Jazakillahu khair, Umm Aboodi. Been craving for Famous Amos choc chip cookies. So... I made 2 batches of them (see how much I trust your recipes Wink ) yesterday.

I gave most of it to my husband who went off for a dinner invitation (just spreading the calories around Smiley). As for the rest - me and my friend and our kids finished it. My friend reckons its the real McCoy Smiley

We all loved it, alhamdulillah.

Only thing I changed was the oats. I used Nestum sachets instead.
I don't find the dough stiff. Just regular cookie dough consistency. Allahua'lam.

-----------------

I still crave for Famous Amos.. why don't they have it in Canada?
crazybuoy
« Reply #8 on: Jul 08, 2010 08:01 AM »

I try this i think it look tasty.
can you post pic of this recipe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: