Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

All the world's a kabob truck.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: faisal shehzad is a stupid *&% idiot  (Read 944 times)
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« on: Oct 05, 2010 07:02 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/05/times-square-bomb-attempt-man-jailed

assalamu alaikum

my jaw dropped when i read the below quotes from faisal shehzad.  what he says is typical salafi posturing.  however, in this rare case he actually means it.  if you ever meet a stupid jerk like mr shehzad in the mosque i suggest you give him a giant slap on the head.  these people make a mockery of islam and through their unparalleled stupidity and selfishness.  they are trying to ruin the lives of muslims everywhere. 

at least in this case the guy was soooo stupid that he was too daft to realize that the military timer he set to blow his car up was set on military time.  that meant that when he input 7:30, instead of blowing up at 7:30pm (19:30) as he intended, it was set for 7:30 am. this freak could have blown up 2 of my sisters.

it's hard to believe anybody could be so outrageously stupid and offensive, and hence whether this is a actually a real guy or just some plant by some agency.  in any case, muslims are just too nice a people. we are too kind and non-threatening that when we meet crazies we just give them the benefit of the doubt, when we really should be giving a few hard slaps to strike caution into them.

Times Square bomb attempt man jailed for life
guardian.co.uk home
Faisal Shahzad, who drove homemade device into New York tourist centre, says: 'I'm happy with the deal God has given me'

A Pakistani immigrant to the US who tried to set off a car bomb in Times Square was sentenced today to serve a life term in prison.

District judge Miriam Goldman Cedarbaum said she hoped Faisal Shahzad spent some of his time behind bars thinking "carefully about whether the Qur'an wants you to kill lots of people".

Shahzad and the judge sparred repeatedly over his reasoning for giving up his comfortable life in the US to train in Pakistan and carry out a potentially deadly attack in the heart of New York City on 1 May.

Instead of exploding, however, his bomb, hidden in the back of a sports utility vehicle, made a sputtered sound. This attracted the attention of a street vendor, who alerted police. The discovery set off an evacuation of the area and an investigation which resulted in his arrest two days later as he sought to flee the country.

Under federal rules, the mandatory life sentence will keep Shahzad behind bars until he dies. After delivering it, Cedarbaum told Shahzad: "You appear to be someone who was capable of education, and I do hope you will spend some of the time in prison thinking carefully about whether the Qur'an wants you to kill lots of people." Shahzad, 31, responded that the "Qur'an gives us the right to defend. And that's all I'm doing."

Earlier, Shahzad offered a lecture of his own for Americans, and said he felt no remorse for his actions.

He told them: "We are only Muslims …but if you call us terrorists, we are proud terrorists, and we will keep on terrorising you." At another point, he said: "The defeat of the US is imminent."

Cedarbaum said her sentence was important "to protect the public from further crimes of this defendant and others who would seek to follow him".

During Shahzad's statement, Cedarbaum cut him off at one point to ask if he had sworn allegiance to the US when he became an American citizen last year.

"I did swear, but I did not mean it," said Shahzad, a former budget analyst from Connecticut who was born in Pakistan.

"So you took a false oath," the judge told him.

Shahzad demonstrated throughout the half-hour proceeding in Manhattan that he had not wavered in the months since June, when he pleaded guilty to 10 terrorism and weapons charges, some of which carry mandatory life sentences.

"I want to plead guilty and I'm going to plead guilty 100 times forward," he said in June.

On Tuesday, he picked up where he left off. "If I am given 1,000 lives, I will sacrifice them all for the life of Allah," he said at the start of a statement that lasted several minutes and was interrupted several times by the judge, who said she wanted to hear what he had to say about his sentencing.

He asked: "How can I be judged by a court that does not understand the suffering of my people?"

Shahzad, who last year received explosives training in Pakistan to prepare for his bombing attempt, said attacks on Americans would continue until the US left Muslim lands.

"We do not accept your democracy or your freedom because we already have sharia law and freedom," Shahzad said.

Two deputy US marshals stood behind Shahzad throughout the sentencing.

Shahzad had instructed his attorney not to speak. When a prosecutor tried to speak, the judge told him it was unnecessary.

Asked by the judge whether he had any final words, Shahzad said: "I'm happy with the deal that God has given me."

guardian.co.uk © Guardian News and Media Limited 2010

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2010 07:30 PM »

salam

Was he subjecto to any sorto f psychological evaluation or anything?

He really does sound crazy in the real sense of the word.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2010 07:57 PM »

I still refuse to believe he's a real person. Everything he says makes no sense at all. Psychological problems and psycho thinking probably led to all this. He sounds like a 'unabomber' type person, who in complete isolation 'figures out how to save the world and thinks he's doing it'. Self aggrandizement and ego and thinks he's a "hero" probably. Life in prison is good for him.

Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2010 06:07 AM »

'figures out how to save the world and thinks he's doing it'. Self aggrandizement and ego and thinks he's a "hero" probably. Life in prison is good for him.

Probably he read too many DC comics Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: