// Shaytan and cell phones
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. - Jerry Garcia
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaytan and cell phones  (Read 2697 times)
Anonymous
« on: Oct 09, 2010 08:01 AM »

Can shaytan mess with cell phones/alarm clocks? I"m asking this because even though I set the alarm clock on my phone to wake me up for Fajr, it never does! It has woken me up like, once in the last 6 months. Every night I check to make sure the alarm is set properly and that it is on, but still it doesn't wake me! I can understand sleeping through an alarm clock sometimes, but everyday? I don't think so.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2010 08:22 AM »

salam

Is the alarm loud enough, have you set it to go off everyday?

Do you go to bed early enough, if you dont and you're deeply asleep you're not going to wake up to an alarm.

And before you sleep make intention to wake for Fajr,  I find that is  better than any alarm clock!

Wassalaam
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2010 08:37 AM »

I do set it to go off as loud as possible and it is set to go off daily. I do sometimes go to bed late but even when I go to bed early it still doesn't wake me up.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2010 12:32 PM »

salam

I don't think it has anything to do with shaytaan you just sleep thro alarms. Get a louder clock alarm.

Wassalaam
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2010 01:35 PM »

Asalam Alaikum,

Same here, I don't think you have a loud enough alarm clock. On your cell-phone put the most annoying sound as the alarm itself, helps me wake up. I am not sure about shaytan messing with your alarm clock itself but he does help you sleep through it all. I suggest getting more alarm clocks or making a calendar event on your phone that is repeated daily. Set them about 10-15mins apart. May Allah make it easy for you.
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2010 08:00 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions, but I happened to be awake this morning at the time my alarm should have gone off and it didn't even though it was on. so now i know that i'm not just sleeping through it.
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2010 09:53 AM »

salam

Are you sure you're setting it correctly?

I think you need to get a clock alarm, mobile alarms are easy to switch off whenyou're messing with them during the day, have you set your mobile alarm to ring every day and not have to be reset again?

Wassalaam
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2010 10:27 PM »

Does your alarm work at all? Have you tried a different time of day?
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: Oct 12, 2010 04:00 AM »

Well, I think it has happened with me too. I used to set alarm everyday but could not hear the alarm from the cell phone sometimes. But I never thought what could be wrong. I just thought maybe I just don't wake up. I live in US and my mom lives in Pakistan. During the whole Ramadan, she used to call me to wake me up for suhoor since I could never wake up by the alarm clock. Even recently she would call me to wake me up for the shawal fasts. I will now observe what the problem is.  Huh?
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2011 07:17 PM »

there is a dua which i use apart from my alarm clock which has unbelievable effect for me atleast coz it makes me wake up without fail

اللهم لا تؤمني مكرك و لا تنسني ذكرك و لا تجعلني من الغافلين أقوم إن شاء الله تعالى ساعة كذا و كذا

This dua has been prescribed by Amirul Mumineen Maulana Ali ibn Abi Talib AS
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2011 04:04 AM »

Get a New Alarm Clock.

salaam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: