// What's my execuse?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “When you pass by the meadows of Paradise indulge freely in it.” They said: “O Messeneger of Allah, what are the meadows of Paradise?” He replied: “The circles of knowledge.”
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's my execuse?  (Read 5270 times)
UmmZahrah
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
UmmZahrah has no influence :(

Rabbi Inni Lima Anzalta Illaya Min Khayrin Faqeer.

« on: Oct 15, 2010 04:28 PM »

What's my execuse?

PrayTheFajr
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2010 11:46 PM »

Fantastic post!!! Man I feel like crap.....lol

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
UmmZahrah
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2010 06:17 PM »

Subhan Allah Ukht,yeah,it is amazing post !we try to not miss salah on the right time insha'Allah as much as we can.At my work  :'( I barely find the right time to pray,but allahul musta'aan  wHAT IS MY EXECUSE?? I PRAY REGARDLESS .Miss you!

PrayTheFajr
Christine_1208
Sis

Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2010 04:49 PM »

I can kiss prayer goodbye at work, never can I find the time. I swear the boss has a prayer schedule in her office and when she sees it is time she grabs me for a project or meeting. I feel your pain.

Miss you too. I will try to find some pics to add Smiley

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
UmmZahrah
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2010 06:12 PM »

My God Huh?!! May Allah s.w help us and all Muslims.Yes is great idea just do it Insha'Allah.
Take care of your self and your family.
Wassalam Smiley

PrayTheFajr
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2010 11:10 PM »

Have to add this here. Made a collage of my baby nephew praying in the park!! MashaAllah he just goes and starts praying everywhere on his own. Not always in order of course and there's lots of sujood involved hehe. It's so cute!!  cute
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2010 11:59 PM »

salam

masha'Allah!  May Allah bless your nephew.  My heart just melted looking at this little fellow praying on his own.  

Allah ye7meeh ya rab.

lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2010 03:17 AM »

in way back when, you used to be able to pray anywhere you wanted to, whenever you wanted, and if people saw you, they'd smile and wish you well.  nowadays you can't even pray in empty parking lots without somebody getting suspicious. you can't pray on the job anymore, you can pray at school except in the designated area.  and this is all because of weirdo muslims blowing stuff up and stuffing hotcrackers in their underpants on transatlantic flights.

tourists used to even pray at the top of WTC (i believe).  now you can't even pray in your own place which is 2 blocks away.

btw: somebody should delete the picture of the pakistan cricket team praying.  
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2010 01:57 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Mashallah your nephew is soo cute!!- May Allah swt make his Iman grow stronger, Ameen.

Just one question , in the first pic, is he praying witr Maliki way Smiley ?

Wasalam
tq
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2010 02:10 PM »

Salam alaikum

looking at those people praying in every corner, under all circumstances...subhanAllah Smiley  We really should not have any excuses...

and Jannah: hold on, thats your nephew? so how old is his sister now then? subhanAllah, they grow so fast!  little H looks too cute mashaAllah:) He has strong and good role models, may he grow to emulate them further.

Salam
S.
skhansj
Bro

skhansj has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2010 03:05 PM »

I put the prayers on my shared calendar. Seeing that, my colleagues tend to not set up meeting at that point. It's more important to me than my job, or meetings, and so I give it that treatment.

Seems to work so far. It's one of life's little negotiating points I suppose.

The thing about negotiation is that you need to be willing to accept the alternative. If that is losing your job, or a verbal conflict, or whatever alternative (or risk) is likely to occur.

Without clearly anticipating the alternatives, and accepting that they may occur, you'll never ask for what you deserve, or stand up for what is right.

- Shahzad
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2010 07:03 PM »

wsalam,

umaboodi hehe thanx

tq lols sometimes he does it sitting down, sometimes standing up Smiley

shahida it's ibrahim!! #2 of my 3 nephews alhamdulillah i have a lot Smiley

lucid if we always looked at the negative we'd have a really rough life...ppl CAN pray if they wanted to they could find a place

shahzad indeed bro!!
Shahida
Sis

Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2010 03:24 PM »

Salam

shahida it's ibrahim!! #2 of my 3 nephews alhamdulillah i have a lot Smiley

Lol Tongue  Which only means that the older one (H) is even older than 7's little one, who is not so little either anymore? OMG!  I can't believe how quickly they've grown!!! M. must be going to school almost, right? Am really an old fogi bear now... oldshaykh
Salam
S.
UmmZahrah
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2010 06:38 PM »

in way back when, you used to be able to pray anywhere you wanted to, whenever you wanted, and if people saw you, they'd smile and wish you well.  nowadays you can't even pray in empty parking lots without somebody getting suspicious. you can't pray on the job anymore, you can pray at school except in the designated area.  and this is all because of weirdo muslims blowing stuff up and stuffing hotcrackers in their underpants on transatlantic flights.

tourists used to even pray at the top of WTC (i believe).  now you can't even pray in your own place which is 2 blocks away.

btw: somebody should delete the picture of the pakistan cricket team praying.  

Why ya Akhy to delete the picture of the team praying??

PrayTheFajr
UmmZahrah
Sis

« Reply #14 on: Oct 20, 2010 06:45 PM »

Have to add this here. Made a collage of my baby nephew praying in the park!! MashaAllah he just goes and starts praying everywhere on his own. Not always in order of course and there's lots of sujood involved hehe. It's so cute!!  cute

Masha'Allah.May Allah s.w preserve him,and bless his parents.

PrayTheFajr
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Oct 20, 2010 07:51 PM »

as salaamu alaykum,

Aww nice collage Jannah!  Yep, that's my little one Ibrahim, when we were in the U.S. for a visit.  He would come with me to taraweeh at the masjid so I think he picked up on what he saw Smiley

BTW true you have to be aware of your surroundings especially in today's Islamophobic atmosphere, but at the end of the day it's a choice you have to make, and sometimes that means breaking out the prayer rug wherever you may be.  I mean in fiqh we learn about the method of prayer for people who are actively in battle - can you imagine that, actively in combat, on the battlefield, and yet you are still obliged to pray (It's actually very cool and has to do with coordinating your prayer with the line of people praying behind you, so that someone is always on guard and watching the enemy).

So, we should check our intentions and make sure that we are not, as the thread says, making excuses.  In the U.S. you can usually find a gas station within 5 minutes from any location, owned by a Muslim or south Asian who wouldn't mind you praying next to their Kwikiemart.  You can also go to Muslim restaurants when you go out to eat or just try to plan your activities around prayer time, so you can pray in the masjid or the comfort of your own home.

Just a personal story related to this topic: When we went to visit my brother recently, he arranged for us to have a guided boat tour on a nearby lake.  A group of us were on the boat, and after we watched the sunset, my brother turned to the guide and was like, "Do you mind if we pray here?"  The guy - an elderly white southerner looked a bit perplexed but assented to it.  My brother then went ahead and called adhaan and prayed with one of the other brothers on the boat.  The guide just watched kind of in shock, and I was - to be perfectly honest- a little bit embarrassed and felt that this would make the rest of the trip awkward.  However, when they finished, I could not believe the response of the guide.  He said, I feel honored to have watched that.  And I find these different religious customs beautiful.  And he went on to ask a number of questions about Islam and so forth.  It was just an amazing moment when I realized that sometimes we feel shy to put religion on the table so to speak, but sometimes that can be an opening for a lot of khayr.  It takes a lot of strength but in the end you have to do what's right and not worry about other people's responses.

BTW I apologize but I just have to post this here.  This one scene made the 394303934 hours of watching this film worthwhile:  
My Name Is Khan - Noor E Khuda - praying

(For those who haven't seen it, Khan, the lead in the film who has Asperger's, is on a bus going somewhere and meets this Muslim couple.  They stop at a rest stop and Khan is like,  it's time to pray.  And the couple is like, Dude, are you sure you want to pray here?  People will see you.  And he's like, I don't care who sees me, I have to pray.  It's just a very powerful moment and shows that sometimes you have to be strong and not care what other people think.)  

salaam Smiley
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #16 on: Oct 20, 2010 11:43 PM »

Maasha Allah Se7en,

Your son is advanced in the art of making sujood. My niece and nephew lie flat on their stomachs when they make sujood, lol  bropraying

t
Shahida
Sis

« Reply #17 on: Oct 21, 2010 09:51 AM »

Salam alaikum

So, we should check our intentions and make sure that we are not, as the thread says, making excuses.  

It takes a lot of strength but in the end you have to do what's right and not worry about other people's responses.

yeah., very true mashaAllah.  I think that such an attitude is the result of growing imaan, increased awareness of Allah swt and prioritising what is most important.  We have to instill this in our children from a young age, so they grow up knowing the importance of prayer. 

The entire world is a fit place to pray, as long as it is clean etc...so squeeze yourself into the space between the bookshelves at the library, find a shady tree to pray under, put a "please do not disturb sign" on your office door...whatever it takes.  I remember years back Br AbdulBasir (we sure miss him!!) had a nice sign made for his office that Um Aboodi helped design? remember?  I have my own pink-hijaab avatar pic, holding a little sign saying: "Hey all, just praying. Be out in 5 minutes..."  pinkhijabisis 

May Allah swt perfect and accept our prayers, whever they may be performed.
Salam
S.
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #18 on: Oct 21, 2010 12:44 PM »

This is very powerful and it was in this way i was first introduced to Islam and became very curious.

The world has changed so much since then. now when non Muslims see this it makes them very nervous...

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
afsa
Sis

afsa has no influence :(

« Reply #19 on: Feb 03, 2012 08:05 AM »

Subhanallah... If only, we all had that kind of faith, to be able to pray anywhere under any circumstance..
Nafs
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2012 06:52 PM »

^ It might be a bit hard at first, but you'll find it easier as time goes by and each time you don't let the opportunity of prayer pass you by.

An aunt of mine once said, "In the U.S. there is no excuse for someone to miss prayer" ... she said this because there are restrooms everywhere to make wudhu ..but still either way it can be  applied!

BTW se7en, JazakAllah khair for sharing that story Smiley
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #21 on: Feb 08, 2012 04:33 AM »

Ibrahim is cute, Maasha-Allah.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: