// Qur’anic Duas
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: A learned man who doesn’t restrain his passions is like a blind man holding a torch, he guides others but not himself. -Shaykh Sa’di
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Qur’anic Duas  (Read 1426 times)
hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
hajra has no influence :(

« on: Sep 22, 2008 04:30 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/v/dGaB72qWrn8&hl=en&fs=1

Asking for Allah’s bounty and protection

Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come and keep us safe from the torment of the Fire (2:201)
Asking for guidance:

Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate from the truth after You have guided us, and bestow upon us mercy from Your grace. Verily You are the Giver of bounties without measure. (3:Cool
Asking for strength and patience (sabr) during tough times

Our Lord! Impose not on us that which we have not the strength to bear, grant us forgiveness and have mercy on us. You are our Protector. Help us against those who deny the truth. (2:286)
Trusting in Allah and Repenting:

Our Lord! In You we have placed our trust, and to You do we turn in repentance, for unto You is the end of all journeys. (60:4)
Source: www.duas.org
Asking for knowledge and wisdom

“O my Lord! advance me in knowledge. (20: 114)
“O my Lord! bestow wisdom on me and join me with the righteous;” (26: 83)
Seeking Provisions

“O my Lord! truly am I in (desperate) need of any good that thou dost send me!” (28: 24)
Before initiating a big project (e.g. taking an exam or making a major presentation, etc.)

“O my Lord! expand me my breast;
Ease my task for me;
And remove the impediment from my speech.
So they may understand what I say:” (20: 26-28)
Giving thanks

Then Praise be to Allah Lord of the heavens and Lord of the earth Lord and Cherisher of all the worlds! To Him be Glory throughout the heavens and the earth: and He is Exalted in Power Full of Wisdom! (45.37)

http://makkah.wordpress.com/helpful-duas/

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: