// Pilot Refuses Full-Body Scan
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pilot Refuses Full-Body Scan  (Read 1332 times)
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« on: Oct 23, 2010 04:10 AM »

Salaam. Check this out.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/politics-15749652/pilot-refuses-full-body-scan-22579959

It looks like we still have brave people. The pilot cites the 4th ammendment:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

tahirah
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2010 06:37 PM »

salam

I'm not surprised to be honest, I saw pictures of those scans, and it leaves nothing to the imagination.

One would also assume that most countries would vet their flying staff to within an inch of their lives, it's insanity expecting them to go thro the insane security checks each time they fly. Either they're turstworthy or they're not.

I wouldnt go thro those scanners, you can see everything I mean everything. Shocked

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2010 04:35 AM »

I'm surprised because he is willing to ultimately lose his job over this. You can see even the interviewer is suggesting that a naked scan or a full body pat down may make people uncomfortable but he should just suck it up. I think the pilot might have a shot in court if he can demonstrate that these specific types of searches are ineffective and not done with probable cause.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2010 09:14 AM »

Alhumdillah there are still people out there willing to stand up for their beliefs
even if a job is on the line. Taking a stand over a job is very honorable in my opinion.
That takes guts.
JenBean71
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
JenBean71 has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2010 02:57 AM »

MashaAllah I agree with everyone  - it does take a lot of courage to take a stand. But sometimes you have to even if it means possible negative consequences because there is no backing down on something so humiliating.

The unity of all, perceptible to even bystanders, is the Oneness that inspired it, a sea without shores, subject me to this sea.
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2010 07:15 PM »

Yup, it's me with another video from Al Jazeera!  Cheesy

Inside Story - US travellers rebel against scanner

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: