Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

The dhulan doth protest too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Husband-beating  (Read 2054 times)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« on: Oct 29, 2010 02:25 PM »

Salam people  madinaflag

I am sure all of us have heard of Islamic wife beating and its harsher counterpart,domestic abuse.

But,has anyone seen or even heard of the opposite?

Exactly an hour ago,as soon as I stepped out of my house for Maghrib,there was this couple on a motorbike and the lady was pinching her husband Cheesy I couldn't help but laugh and feel sorry for the poor guy.

I found that so hilarious that even when I was back home I was giggling till my sister thought I was mad Cheesy
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2010 03:46 PM »

salam

Okaaay, I'm going to pour cold water on this.

I dislike physical violence, I dont think it's funny at all.

The poor husband.... now just picture it. The wife/partner is pinching the guy, and he loses his temper and punches her...is that still funny? No, then why is her hurting him so funny.

It's thoroughly humiliating for him, and she clearly feels she wont be reprimanded and is doing it in public and he's being laughed at by total strangers. She's physically and mentally abusing him. Not funny!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2010 06:29 PM »

Well,I waited for them to pass before laughing Cheesy

And I know them,they live in the same neighbourhood,they're good people,must have been in good humor.

He was like "aaaa..mai kal kaam pe nai jaa saktoun aisa kare to" LOL ...and he smiled after getting off Smiley
[that means :ouch..I can't go to work tomorrow if you do this to me]

I found it hilarious because it might be possible elsewhere,but this is India,where gender inequality is among the highest and this is something unfathomable in the context.

PS - I am still giggling  Grin

Ode
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Ode has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2010 08:10 PM »

I hope the wife was pinching the husband in jest!
Many wives that I know do that.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2010 06:42 AM »

'pinching'Huh?Huh? That just sounds weird?

worshipper
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2010 08:47 PM »

not funny.my x punched me twice.didnt hurt lol but she still did it!!! :'(.but i still love her so no worries
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2010 03:47 PM »

ok,

when i was a kid, my mom slapped my dad.  you can guess who wears the trousers in our house Smiley

before you start going "...finally everything makes sense! no wonder lucid is so messed up..."  let me just say, it is natural for a woman to slap her husband when she is flabbergasted, too flabbergasted and shocked to scream.

women, are smaller, physically puny even if they are tall, and instead of screaming and yelling like some crazy women do, some of them just do the following

1) husband says something outrageous (usually involves in-laws, wife's brother, etc,)

2) wife's jaw just drops

3) she instinctively slaps him

now before all of you feminists slap me (feminists get appalled by women acting just as bad as men), when a woman slaps a guy, its not the same as when a guy slaps a woman.  when a woman slaps a guy, its farcical.  it doesn't hurt, its almost funny.  on the other hand, when a guy slaps a woman, bones are broken and you end up at the ICU.

having said that there are some mad women out there, who are constantly physically abusing their husbands (they can, because it doesn't hurt that much each time they do it).  but these women are totally different from the infrequent slappers.  

note, this has never happened to me (although i have been slapped by my sisters Smiley )

Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2011 06:22 AM »

Husband-beating on the rise in Arab homes

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: